+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

SteveShum

Sep 22, 2014
It's not that bad, really. You will get the request, you will submit what they ask for, they will send it back, and you land. It's the way it works.
True, but my concern is that it's a bit risky mailing in the passport all the way from the US to India, and then India mailing it back to the US, if that's the case. But if that's how it has to be done, then that's what it is.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
True, but my concern is that it's a bit risky mailing in the passport all the way from the US to India, and then India mailing it back to the US, if that's the case. But if that's how it has to be done, then that's what it is.
I know, gotta be done though!

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
How long ago was it issued? Is it from a country you have previously lived in, or from where you currently live?

I'm guessing you sent it WITH the application?
Issued May 2017 from U.S. (currently living here). I applied in October 2017 -- so it still falls within the 6 months of the issued date and application date, but I didn't send it in until they asked for it in January. I think it should be ok.

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I landed as PR today in Victoria, BC. Worked half day today and will have my first full day in the office tomorrow, really looking forward to the first paycheck since August last year!
The whole process for me took about 13 months.
Mississauga took over 12 1/2 months to process my case, Ottawa took less than a week to send me COPR (they received my papers Feb 2nd, and Feb 8th the return package was on its way).

Had a good landing experience after spending last night in Port Angeles, WA. I actually knew the immigration officer who did the landing process for me, he's a soccer dad in the same team my son plays.
After 13 months of waiting, I still got frustrated with 1 1/2 hour wait at Service Canada to get my SIN#...

Congrats! So glad for you. I know it's been a long wait!

anisga3four

Sep 13, 2017
hello everyone
my wife is sponsoring me (outland) we send the paperwork to mississauga and they recive it since the 2nd of january but till noww diden't get anything from them is that normal
is there anyone know how long they take to procecc the aplications

Reactions: betterthanyoko

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
hello everyone
my wife is sponsoring me (outland) we send the paperwork to mississauga and they recive it since the 2nd of january but till noww diden't get anything from them is that normal
is there anyone know how long they take to procecc the aplications
patience my friend.
they are saying up to 12 months so you cant expect to hear from them so soon.
some people take 5 months others take all 12 months..each case is individual and is treated that way.
heres a spreadsheet for 2017
applicants....have a look at the rest..youll see how long others have taken.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=784123583

MizKat

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-07-2017
Doc's Request.
20-08-2017
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2018
I landed as PR today in Victoria, BC. Worked half day today and will have my first full day in the office tomorrow, really looking forward to the first paycheck since August last year!
The whole process for me took about 13 months.
Mississauga took over 12 1/2 months to process my case, Ottawa took less than a week to send me COPR (they received my papers Feb 2nd, and Feb 8th the return package was on its way).

Had a good landing experience after spending last night in Port Angeles, WA. I actually knew the immigration officer who did the landing process for me, he's a soccer dad in the same team my son plays.
After 13 months of waiting, I still got frustrated with 1 1/2 hour wait at Service Canada to get my SIN#...
Congrats! We’re moving to Victoria (well, Brentwood Bay) too! :) March 10.

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Well damn, if I didn't just login to CIC -- admittedly feeling a little OCD about my daily check-ins -- and find that we've been knocked into BCG state!!!

Woot!
Probably not entirely unrelated to the fact that, yesterday, I lodged my request for my first set of GCMS notes...