October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Quick question:

We have the court judgements and new fbi pcc in hand. Should we send them before we receive the state pcc? That could be two weeks. Or should we wait and send them all at once?

If we send the court judgements and fbi pcc first we would also send receipts for the state pcc
If it were me, I would wait and send everything at once (as long as you will have the state PCCs before the deadline they gave you to submit them?)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
If it were me, I would wait and send everything at once (as long as you will have the state PCCs before the deadline they gave you to submit them?)
we have until April 7 to submit them. Both state offices said they are taking 3-10 days to receive. So we will wait!

Thanks

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting antsy. Is 5 months from application receipt too short a time to request our first set of GCMS?

We should be an easy case. Married 15 years. Lived in the US the whole time. No dependents. No issues.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Best to send via web form or mail? They want certified copies of court judgements. They are all stamped

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Best to send via web form or mail? They want certified copies of court judgements. They are all stamped
Do both! Can't be too careful lol

Reactions: jeff198901

bluegirl08

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
20-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
Is there a specific days that my husband could do the landing on Toronto Pearson airport? Does landing on weekend okay? Or night? He will be travelling from Bermuda.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Is there a specific days that my husband could do the landing on Toronto Pearson airport? Does landing on weekend okay? Or night? He will be travelling from Bermuda.
He can land any day, any time at YYZ. :)

Reactions: bluegirl08

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
No worries!
It was good! We landed around 11am on Friday. Border officer took all of his paperwork and gave us a slip and we went inside. Waited for about 15 minutes.. the guy that was handling immigration was on lunch still. Lol. He came back, took all of 10 minutes. He wanted to see a bank statement on paper or on his phone to show he has money. Signed the copr, stapled the copr to his passport and we went down to another officer that handled the goods we were bringing. She typed it all out, had him sign it and off we went! It was very easy! Now getting an Ontario license was a pain!! He needed drivers abstracts from multiple states because he had moved around. Got that done, got the SIN and set up a bank account. It's all done now, it's been a very busy weekend and with a snow storm and a uhaul trailer it made it more fun... :rolleyes:
Best of luck to the rest of you! Your day will come soon!
why are they asking for bank info? spousal sponsorship doesnt require financial proof on the PA's part..its clearly stated on the website. what paperwork do you need to bring other than COPR?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
why are they asking for bank info? spousal sponsorship doesnt require financial proof on the PA's part..its clearly stated on the website. what paperwork do you need to bring other than COPR?
It is highly unusual that they asked for bank info. Perhaps the officer was confused, because many other PR streams DO require you to show proof of funds when you land - but spousal sponsorship does not.

COPR, passport, and B4 form (if you are importing goods) are all you need

Reactions: betterthanyoko

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
It is highly unusual that they asked for bank info. Perhaps the officer was confused, because many other PR streams DO require you to show proof of funds when you land - but spousal sponsorship does not.

COPR, passport, and B4 form (if you are importing goods) are all you need
Do you need B4 form if only land8ng first and moving later?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Do you need B4 form if only land8ng first and moving later?
Based on what I was told by CBSA, I am under the impression that the B4 needs to be provided at the time of landing, even if all of your goods are coming later, they need to be listed as "goods to follow" so that they will be tax and duty exempt when you do bring them over. I believe if you do not declare your goods at time of landing you lose the right to import them duty and tax free, so you can still import them later but would need to pay tax. However I have read a bit on this forum about how some people have pushed the CBSA on this since technically the B4 is intended to be used when you are settling in Canada permanently for 12 months or more, so for a "soft landing" some people do not think you need to do it... Personally I would not push my luck (if it were me) and would declare all goods to follow at time of landing.

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Based on what I was told by CBSA, I am under the impression that the B4 needs to be provided at the time of landing, even if all of your goods are coming later, they need to be listed as "goods to follow" so that they will be tax and duty exempt when you do bring them over. I believe if you do not declare your goods at time of landing you lose the right to import them duty and tax free, so you can still import them later but would need to pay tax. However I have read a bit on this forum about how some people have pushed the CBSA on this since technically the B4 is intended to be used when you are settling in Canada permanently for 12 months or more, so for a "soft landing" some people do not think you need to do it... Personally I would not push my luck (if it were me) and would declare all goods to follow at time of landing.
Thank you so much, I will get it all prepared like you say, no point taking the risk many thanks

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
I landed as PR today in Victoria, BC. Worked half day today and will have my first full day in the office tomorrow, really looking forward to the first paycheck since August last year!
The whole process for me took about 13 months.
Mississauga took over 12 1/2 months to process my case, Ottawa took less than a week to send me COPR (they received my papers Feb 2nd, and Feb 8th the return package was on its way).

Had a good landing experience after spending last night in Port Angeles, WA. I actually knew the immigration officer who did the landing process for me, he's a soccer dad in the same team my son plays.
After 13 months of waiting, I still got frustrated with 1 1/2 hour wait at Service Canada to get my SIN#...