Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
How long does it take for documents to get attached via web form?

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys, quick question --

I'm pretty sure my police certificate isn't expired and should still be accepted (based on the time frame I read on CIC), but do you think that just in case they ask, I should upload a new police certificate through web form?...or should I just wait?

Reo1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
I landed as PR today in Victoria, BC. Worked half day today and will have my first full day in the office tomorrow, really looking forward to the first paycheck since August last year!
The whole process for me took about 13 months.
Mississauga took over 12 1/2 months to process my case, Ottawa took less than a week to send me COPR (they received my papers Feb 2nd, and Feb 8th the return package was on its way).

Had a good landing experience after spending last night in Port Angeles, WA. I actually knew the immigration officer who did the landing process for me, he's a soccer dad in the same team my son plays.
After 13 months of waiting, I still got frustrated with 1 1/2 hour wait at Service Canada to get my SIN#...
Wow, definitely a long time coming! Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy your new chapter! :)

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
It is highly unusual that they asked for bank info. Perhaps the officer was confused, because many other PR streams DO require you to show proof of funds when you land - but spousal sponsorship does not.

COPR, passport, and B4 form (if you are importing goods) are all you need
thanks. ya..i guess we will print out a bank statement and the page where it says spousal sponsorship doesnt require proof of finances :)
we will be landing via YYZ and so be shipping our belongings. i have scoured the website and all i can find about declarations says to tell the border agents when you land and only they can give you a personal exemptions Bform to fill out..so where is this B4 form you speak of?
my only anxiety lies with putting my cats in cargo (my one kitty is literally a scaredy cat) and dealing with customs regarding our belongings. we arent shipping much but im hoping i can ship them to my hometown instead of toronto.
looking forward to landing in June and cracking a cold beer in my mums back garden.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hey guys, quick question --

I'm pretty sure my police certificate isn't expired and should still be accepted (based on the time frame I read on CIC), but do you think that just in case they ask, I should upload a new police certificate through web form?...or should I just wait?
How long ago was it issued? Is it from a country you have previously lived in, or from where you currently live?

I'm guessing you sent it WITH the application?

Reactions: Reo1

SteveShum

Sep 22, 2014
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting, I just wanted to verify something. So I am already a PR living in Canada, and I have sponsored my wife who is from India, however, has been living and working in the United States of America for the past 7 years. So today I basically got a letter from CIC saying that her application has been forwarded over to the New Delhi (India) office for further processing. I just find this strange, I thought they would process her application in the USA, not India, as that is where she has been living for the past 7 years. Unless I just don't fully understand the process. Would any of you know how it works?

Appreciate all the advice!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting, I just wanted to verify something. So I am already a PR living in Canada, and I have sponsored my wife who is from India, however, has been living and working in the United States of America for the past 7 years. So today I basically got a letter from CIC saying that her application has been forwarded over to the New Delhi (India) office for further processing. I just find this strange, I thought they would process her application in the USA, not India, as that is where she has been living for the past 7 years. Unless I just don't fully understand the process. Would any of you know how it works?

Appreciate all the advice!
It can (and often is) be sent to the visa office that aligns to country of citizenship. My husband is Irish and lived in Canada for a decade before we applied and it was sent to London, UK.

Reactions: KBH

SteveShum

Sep 22, 2014
It can (and often is) be sent to the visa office that aligns to country of citizenship. My husband is Irish and lived in Canada for a decade before we applied and it was sent to London, UK.
Ahh okay that makes sense. So I would assume, lets say she gets approved, they would still request her passport from one of the US locations I would assume right?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Reactions: jeff198901

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ahh okay that makes sense. So I would assume, lets say she gets approved, they would still request her passport from one of the US locations I would assume right?
No it will come out of the visa office it is sent to. The assigned VO issues the COPR.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
thanks. ya..i guess we will print out a bank statement and the page where it says spousal sponsorship doesnt require proof of finances :)
we will be landing via YYZ and so be shipping our belongings. i have scoured the website and all i can find about declarations says to tell the border agents when you land and only they can give you a personal exemptions Bform to fill out..so where is this B4 form you speak of?
my only anxiety lies with putting my cats in cargo (my one kitty is literally a scaredy cat) and dealing with customs regarding our belongings. we arent shipping much but im hoping i can ship them to my hometown instead of toronto.
looking forward to landing in June and cracking a cold beer in my mums back garden.
This is the one! https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.pdf

It got renamed to BSF186, but everybody still calls it B4 lol

Reactions: betterthanyoko

SteveShum

Sep 22, 2014
No it will come out of the visa office it is sent to. The assigned VO issues the COPR.
Maybe I am misunderstanding. Sure the COPR will come from the lets say in this case "Indian Office", however, since she is living in the US, I would assume she would have to send her passport etc for stamping to a US location perhaps? Because it wouldn't make sense to send it all the way to India. Sorry if I am not making sense.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Maybe I am misunderstanding. Sure the COPR will come from the lets say in this case "Indian Office", however, since she is living in the US, I would assume she would have to send her passport etc for stamping to a US location perhaps? Because it wouldn't make sense to send it all the way to India. Sorry if I am not making sense.
You send it to India.

We did not get Passport request (we were one of the rare ones) but if we did we would have had to send everything to London, UK. They send it back and then she will land at a Canadian border crossing with the COPR sent back by the visa office in Delhi. Because she is not from a visa exempt country she will be required to submit her passport, not just photocopies.

SteveShum

Sep 22, 2014
You send it to India.

We did not get Passport request (we were one of the rare ones) but if we did we would have had to send everything to London, UK. They send it back and then she will land at a Canadian border crossing with the COPR sent back by the visa office in Delhi. Because she is not from a visa exempt country she will be required to submit her passport, not just photocopies.
Thank you for all your help. If what you explained is the case, that is a very tedious process then. Oh well, lets see what happens.