AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
It doesn't mean they don't think your relationship is genuine, but it does mean they felt your application needed a further look. That could be due to anything at all related to the background, criminality, security, eligibility, etc. If you were originally kept in Mississauga it means you were OB570 streamed. They do have a provision in the OB570 documentation stating an application can be transferred to the originally intended VO. It says: "if a CPC officer assesses that further review is required". Try not to panic - it could be anything and I think we do have people here on the forum who were transferred to their VO after being kept in Mississauga and have successfully gotten PPR
We were hoping we’d be finished soon is all. :(
It will be interesting to find out why they transferred us... @Hunks is my wife and she’s the furtherst thing from a criminal. So I’d like to see what they dug up on her! ;)
We did order notes maybe it will say something in there.
Thank you for the information on the OB570 Stream. I knew it existed, I didn’t know much about ito_O though.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
We were hoping we’d be finished soon is all. :(
It will be interesting to find out why they transferred us... @Hunks is my wife and she’s the furtherst thing from a criminal. So I’d like to see what they dug up on her! ;)
We did order notes maybe it will say something in there.
Thank you for the information on the OB570 Stream. I knew it existed, I didn’t know much about ito_O though.
You can check out the full OB570 doc here. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob570-stream.513446/#post-6426449 If you scroll down to the third (last) image of the doc you can see the blip about file review. Basically it sounds like they transfer if they want to take a look at your physical passport for some reason or if the file requires further review in some way. I hope you guys get approved soon!

2pears

Jan 3, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-09-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018
COPR came in the mail today! Exactly 2 weeks from when our photos & Annex A were received in Ottawa.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
My GCkey account updated today to "Final decision - Your application was approved".
Hope that means COPR will come shortly so I can land as a permanent resident and start working.

NMBCMD

Dec 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Misssissauga
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
AOR Received.
01-09-2017
Med's Request
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
My GCkey account updated today to "Final decision - Your application was approved".
Hope that means COPR will come shortly so I can land as a permanent resident and start working.
I got my COPR the day after my application was changed to approved

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I am waiting for my COPR mail back to me, and meanwhile I have few questions regarding following goods, please help.
I understand that all my follow up belongings that will be duty free, but how about my wife's stuff and my kids' stuff? My wife and my kids are Canadian Citizens, and can I claim all their stuff, like cloths, jewelries, furniture and toys, as my following goods, or they have to claim their stuff separately? We will pack a house full stuff altogether and transport/import them to Canada though.
Also, regarding our jewelries, do we need to appraise their values or we just estimate their values?

Your kindly advise will be greatly appreciated.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I am waiting for my COPR mail back to me, and meanwhile I have few questions regarding following goods, please help.
I understand that all my follow up belongings that will be duty free, but how about my wife's stuff and my kids' stuff? My wife and my kids are Canadian Citizens, and can I claim all their stuff, like cloths, jewelries, furniture and toys, as my following goods, or they have to claim their stuff separately? We will pack a house full stuff altogether and transport/import them to Canada though.
Also, regarding our jewelries, do we need to appraise their values or we just estimate their values?

Your kindly advise will be greatly appreciated.
Has your wife ever lived in Canada before? If so, and she has been living outside of Canada for at least a year, her goods would be declared under the category of "former resident" and would also be duty and tax free. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/mrc-drc-eng.html

If she was moving to Canada for the first time her goods would be considered under the "settler" category, the same as yours.

For expensive jewelry they want photos and appraisals attached.

onthebrink

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
Landing tomorrow morning! Have the feeling that we're forgetting something.. Last minute tips for those that have already landed?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Has your wife ever lived in Canada before? If so, and she has been living outside of Canada for at least a year, her goods would be declared under the category of "former resident" and would also be duty and tax free. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/mrc-drc-eng.html

If she was moving to Canada for the first time her goods would be considered under the "settler" category, the same as yours.

For expensive jewelry they want photos and appraisals attached.
Thank you very much for the information. Yes, my wife had lived in Canada before and had been living abroad over 10 years, and this is the first time ever for my two kids move to Canada. So I guess all our stuff will be duty free. Do I need to create three separate claim forms (one for me, one for my wife and one for my two kids) or just a big item list for our whole family?

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Thank you very much for the information. Yes, my wife had lived in Canada before and had been living abroad over 10 years, and this is the first time ever for my two kids move to Canada. So I guess all our stuff will be duty free. Do I need to create three separate claim forms (one for me, one for my wife and one for my two kids) or just a big item list for our whole family?
Probably not. I've been in Canada as a visitor since beginning of September last year. My wife declared all our stuff (4 people) as a returning Canadian when we flew in to Vancouver, including the shipped container that arrived here two months ago. We explained our situation to immigration at the Vancouver airport, and it was no problem at all doing it that way. I hope I'll be able to land as PR next week, I won't have any stuff to declare.

Reactions: betterthanyoko

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Probably not. I've been in Canada as a visitor since beginning of September last year. My wife declared all our stuff (4 people) as a returning Canadian when we flew in to Vancouver, including the shipped container that arrived here two months ago. We explained our situation to immigration at the Vancouver airport, and it was no problem at all doing it that way. I hope I'll be able to land as PR next week, I won't have any stuff to declare.
Thank you FrotiRose, and enjoy your new life chapter in Canada.