Here is our timeline:
App. received at Sydney - June 19th
AOR and SA - Oct. 23rd
Medical request - Oct. 25th
Medical done - Oct. 29th
File transferred to Mississauga email - Nov. 5th
Medical passed - Nov. 13th
Background check in progress - Nov. 22nd and nothing after that

Anyone with background check for more than 1 month? Is there any other way to find out about next stage or timeline other than ECAS, GCkey, GCMS notes?
My BGC started on 16th Nov and got DM on ecas around 26th Dec. still waiting for PPR. So I guess you should get any update in next 1-2 week as I didn’t see any updates from Mississauga in last 2 weeks due to holidays. Maybe few updates here and there. Best Wishes. :)

Last edited:

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
My BGC started on 16th Nov and got DM on ecas around 26th Dec. still waiting for PPR. So I guess you should get any update in next 1-2 week as I don’t see more updates from Mississauga in last 2 weeks due to holidays. Maybe few updates here and there. Best Wishes. :)
DM is a real good sign if it's a +ve in your favor thou.Truly we haven't seen any updates here in Canada since mid Dec which is out of our controls. I hope they start pick up speeds mid JAN

Reactions: Lucky713

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
DM is a real good sign if it's a +ve in your favor thou.Truly we haven't seen any updates here in Canada since mid Dec which is out of our controls. I hope they start pick up speeds mid JAN
Yeah. Let’s see how next week is going to behave with us. :) I got pre arrival on 16th Nov and DM on 26th Dec. let’s see. :) Hoping for the best for all of us.

Last edited:

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
My BGC started on 16th Nov and got DM on ecas around 26th Dec. still waiting for PPR. So I guess you should get any update in next 1-2 week as I didn’t see any updates from Mississauga in last 2 weeks due to holidays. Maybe few updates here and there. Best Wishes. :)
Congrtulations about 'DM' on ecas. Actually, my wife just got an update in her GCKey today that file has now been transferred to New Delhi. So, I guess we will now have to wait some more.

Reactions: Karnesh

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Congrtulations about 'DM' on ecas. Actually, my wife just got an update in her GCKey today that file has now been transferred to New Delhi. So, I guess we will now have to wait some more.
Thanks. Oh! Maybe some minor thing to get verified by NDVO. Wish you speedy PPR. Best Wishes. :)

Reactions: UniqueCase

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Hi evryone
App recieved 27 August,2018
Aor-20 November
Sa and med req -27 November
Med done 10 dec
Med passed 13 December and silence since then I was expecting a transfer email either to Mississauga or LVO which is New Delhi
Any insights what’s going on and what the likelyhood of file getting transferred to NDVO??
lvo is not nvdo, lvo is london visa office

jmichae1

Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread for hours now and it seems like everyone has great advice for each other. Also, applications seem to be moving at a decent rate. However, mine has not unfortunately. We had some hiccups with medical along the way. We started the medical process in the U.S. and there were so many issues that made the process longer than it should have been. I came to Canada to visit with my wife and continued medical in September 2018. Finally, after the long medical process for our case, we have reached completion on December 17, 2018. Is there any words of wisdom or recommendations that anyone can provide so we are able to be as proactive as possible with our case? We check ECAS and GCKEY every day waiting for updates. Our timeline is as follows:

AOR: December 11, 2017
MR: February 20, 2018
SA: February 21, 2018
Cont. Medical in Canada as visitor: September 5, 2018
MEP: December 17, 2018
BGC: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." (not sure when this message was updated to this status, however, this message was up months before medical was completed, around August 2018)

Any advice or guidance will help! Thank you so much! =)

Reactions: Duemanshi

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread for hours now and it seems like everyone has great advice for each other. Also, applications seem to be moving at a decent rate. However, mine has not unfortunately. We had some hiccups with medical along the way. We started the medical process in the U.S. and there were so many issues that made the process longer than it should have been. I came to Canada to visit with my wife and continued medical in September 2018. Finally, after the long medical process for our case, we have reached completion on December 17, 2018. Is there any words of wisdom or recommendations that anyone can provide so we are able to be as proactive as possible with our case? We check ECAS and GCKEY every day waiting for updates. Our timeline is as follows:

AOR: December 11, 2017
MR: February 20, 2018
SA: February 21, 2018
Cont. Medical in Canada as visitor: September 5, 2018
MEP: December 17, 2018
BGC: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." (not sure when this message was updated to this status, however, this message was up months before medical was completed, around August 2018)

Any advice or guidance will help! Thank you so much! =)
Total time is over a year now. You should get some good news in a week or 2

jmichae1

Jan 9, 2019
Total time is over a year now. You should get some good news in a week or 2
Thank you for the speedy reply. We're hoping for something soon! As you all know already, this can be a very anxious process. We want to be able to get our lives in Canada started.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Lucky713

jmichae1

Jan 9, 2019
I am november 2017 applicant waiting for some good news amd nothing , dont worry we are in the same boat .
We dont have nothing to do now, just waiting and waiting
If you don't mind me asking Alda, where are you applying from? Do you know if that contributes to wait time too?

I hope you hear soon!

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
If you don't mind me asking Alda, where are you applying from? Do you know if that contributes to wait time too?

I hope you hear soon!
My husband lived in canada, i Am from europe , when we complete 12 months, they send me an email that i am in queue for interview but no date set yet .... more than 2 months passed from this email and nothing

jmichae1

Jan 9, 2019
Does anyone know how long the criminality check and eligibility check portion of the BGC takes? As stated before, our BGC has stated the following since around August of 2018: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Thank you in advance!