+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

M

marilamb

Got meds passed today for hubby. Going pretty fast so far. All this done within the last few days, app received 54 days ago. Still working on his schedule a (having trouble remembering address/dates since he moved around a lot and lived with family and friends) and he has 1 misdemeanour and dismissed charge from a few years ago so we had to get a letter from a lawyer about his admissibility. So after we get this in is where the real waiting starts right?

Last edited by a moderator:

samwinchester

May 7, 2018
Hey Guys,

My application was received on 7th March 2018 and got an email on April 27th, 2018 saying application has been sent to visa office in New Delhi.

On my gckey it shows background check in process. Any idea what is happening? How long does the file take to pass in New delhi? I've been reading people's comments saying they take about a year. And some people have been waiting since june last year after their file was sent to new delhi.

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hey Guys,

My application was received on 7th March 2018 and got an email on April 27th, 2018 saying application has been sent to visa office in New Delhi.

On my gckey it shows background check in process. Any idea what is happening? How long does the file take to pass in New delhi? I've been reading people's comments saying they take about a year. And some people have been waiting since june last year after their file was sent to new delhi.

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks.
Hi,
Try the New Delhi thread. This is the Mississauga thread, for applications that are never transferred to a visa office.

BadshahIqbal

Nov 2, 2012
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 01 2015 / Received on Feb 05 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 08 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 02 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 24 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Jun 03 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 23 2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 20 2012
Guys,

We submitted our application was received on March 5. Received AOR, SA complete, Medical passed (Done upfront), PCC uploaded and BCC started processing. Never received any email stating our file was transferred, so I called IRCC and the agent said, the files are still in Mississauga and is being processed here for now, and may get transferred at later stage

1.) Is this normal? Most of March applicants are receiving emails stating that there files got transferred

2.) if it does infact get processed in Mississauga, what’s the going time fra

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Decided to pay the RPRF today even though it wasn't specifically requested yet. Seems that people are getting requests to pay RPRF pretty early on if not submitted upfront with the application, though we've not received such a request (yet).

It's paid now, and I sent the receipt via the web form so hopefully it's picked up and processed swiftly. Really hoping it's not long before we get a decision on our application.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Decided to pay the RPRF today even though it wasn't specifically requested yet. Seems that people are getting requests to pay RPRF pretty early on if not submitted upfront with the application, though we've not received such a request (yet).

It's paid now, and I sent the receipt via the web form so hopefully it's picked up and processed swiftly. Really hoping it's not long before we get a decision on our application.
Hoping along with you! When did your bgc start? I'm sorry if it's in your signature already. Signatures don't show when accessing the site with a phone.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hoping along with you! When did your bgc start? I'm sorry if it's in your signature already. Signatures don't show when accessing the site with a phone.
Background check hasn't started yet. I know for some it has already, which is slightly concerning for me; but I'm hoping that our application follows the trend that DM/PPR comes a day or two after BGC.

This is my timeline as per my signature (PCCs submitted upfront, including RCMP):

Spousal Application - Outland - Mississauga Processing
Application Received
- Jan 15, 2018 | AOR1 - Feb 28 | SA DM on ECAS - Mar 13 / Email received - Mar 24 | AOR2 (Mississauga processing) - Mar 26 | Medical request - Mar 13 / exam - Apr 2 / submitted - Apr 10 / passed - Apr 11

Last edited:

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Background check hasn't started yet. I know for some it has already, which is slightly concerning for me; but I'm hoping that our application follows the trend that DM/PPR comes a day or two after BGC.

This is my timeline as per my signature (PCCs submitted upfront, including RCMP):

Spousal Application - Outland - Mississauga Processing
Application Received
- Jan 15, 2018 | AOR1 - Feb 28 | SA DM on ECAS - Mar 13 / Email received - Mar 24 | AOR2 (Mississauga processing) - Mar 26 | Medical request - Mar 13 / exam - Apr 2 / submitted - Apr 10 / passed - Apr 11
I'm guessing your PCCs are clean? Yeah I'm guessing yours should follow the bgc, ppr, DM all at once trend. No news is good news at this point I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: evdm

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I'm guessing your PCCs are clean? Yeah I'm guessing yours should follow the bgc, ppr, DM all at once trend. No news is good news at this point I hope.
Yeah, PCCs are squeaky clean. Besides a minor speeding ticket or two (or three) I've been a good boy, haha.
I'm staying positive with the mantra 'no news is good news' but patience is a virtue I lack.

Reactions: Forte

can2018?

Jul 25, 2017
Been so quiet here. Any PPRs/DMs lately?
not for me - we are on a very similar timeline (my BGC started April 6), so I'll monitor yours with interest!

I'd guess on average people look to be waiting 6-8 weeks from BCG to DM at the mo, but who knows!

Reactions: Forte

Jeya2480

May 16, 2018
Hi all,

New here - also having my husband sponsorship/PR currently being processed at the Mississauga office. Just had a question re: request of passport letter after the decision is made on a sponsorship. Do residents of countries that do not require visas to travel to Canada need to submit their passports or simply photocopies of their passports? My husbands a German so only requires an ETA to visit Canada. Would be good to know as we’re planning some travel this summer and will need our passports for it! Also, if passports need to be submitted are they submitted to a local visa office (as we currently live in England) or are they mailed to Canada??

Thanks for any insight!

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi all,

New here - also having my husband sponsorship/PR currently being processed at the Mississauga office. Just had a question re: request of passport letter after the decision is made on a sponsorship. Do residents of countries that do not require visas to travel to Canada need to submit their passports or simply photocopies of their passports? My husbands a German so only requires an ETA to visit Canada. Would be good to know as we’re planning some travel this summer and will need our passports for it! Also, if passports need to be submitted are they submitted to a local visa office (as we currently live in England) or are they mailed to Canada??

Thanks for any insight!

Hi there,

If your husband is a German Citizen, there is no need to mail the actual passport, all the VO needs is a photocopy of the passport, that is all.

The copy of the passport will be requested by the local VO.

Hope this help.

Good luck

Reactions: Jeya2480

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Sorry new in forum. What is pcc, sa,vo, aor2 ?? Sorry for my ignorance.trying to find out the stages Im missing.