+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Not really related to timelines but I'm sure you may have heard they want to lift all mandates in Ontario by late March. Do you think they will resume in-person tests and oath ceremonies, or would it still be online? I personally think that they would have to wait a couple months before resuming in-person because there is a still backlog of applications and it's easier for everyone to do the citizenship tests online, not so sure about the ceremonies though.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Not really related to timelines but I'm sure you may have heard they want to lift all mandates in Ontario by late March. Do you think they will resume in-person tests and oath ceremonies, or would it still be online? I personally think that they would have to wait a couple months before resuming in-person because there is a still backlog of applications and it's easier for everyone to do the citizenship tests online, not so sure about the ceremonies though.
I think in person ceremonies are relatively easier to organize so we might see a lot of in person ceremonies.

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
I think in person ceremonies are relatively easier to organize so we might see a lot of in person ceremonies.
Yeah I can see that happening. But I suppose other provinces would still have online ceremonies? Since not all provinces have or are planning to lift mandates.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah I can see that happening. But I suppose other provinces would still have online ceremonies? Since not all provinces have or are planning to lift mandates.
Pretty confident that mandates will go away for all provinces soon maybe not at same time for all provinces. IRCC will probably continue online ceremonies where restrictions don't allow. Considering IRCC never returned to offices even when conditions allowed for a bit, it is very much possible that IRCC will continue remote work for a while with employee safety as an excuse.

Reactions: lordoftherings

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband had his oath ceremony this morning. Took about an hour and a half. Apparently, the judge said they’re doing 120 per session, 3 sessions a day, 6 days a week. Used to be 300 per session in person. Guess that accounts for the delay.

Reactions: akbardxb

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My husband had his oath ceremony this morning. Took about an hour and a half. Apparently, the judge said they’re doing 120 per session, 3 sessions a day, 6 days a week.
Congratulations!

They are doing like 1500 people per week and my turn has still not come! Wow. I must be incredibly unlucky :(

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i might be missing the fine detail. I thought they can get done with more people through online oaths than physical ceremonies.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got the good news for our Citizenship oath.

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF.

Wait since the application was sent 2 years 4 months
Wait since Decision Made: almost 9 months

Mississauga Office
Oath Status Changed on 8th Feb
Oath Scheduled for 18th Feb

Timelines and other details are in the signature below
congratulations. happy for you man

Reactions: Johnny_0507

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
So I've received my Oath invitation, I'm one of those that is currently on contract working abroad in the UK.....a question.....

Are expired ID's allowed for Oath?
I've got valid Passport and PR and Health Card

However my wife has got
Valid Passport, valid PR but Health Card has expired

Oath is scheduled for next week, so will be flying back etc

Reactions: Aquarius93

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
So I've received my Oath invitation, I'm one of those that is currently on contract working abroad in the UK.....a question.....

Are expired ID's allowed for Oath?
I've got valid Passport and PR and Health Card

However my wife has got
Valid Passport, valid PR but Health Card has expired

Oath is scheduled for next week, so will be flying back etc
Valid PR and passport is fine.