+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Another week of waiting for oath invite from Mississauga office!
I checked everyday for all of last week. Then twice on Sat / Sun, little realizing that, if it didn't come through during the week, it was a bit naive to expect a change over the weekend :(

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
I checked everyday for all of last week. Then twice on Sat / Sun, little realizing that, if it didn't come through during the week, it was a bit naive to expect a change over the weekend :(
I know, I did the same!

rahivirus

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Finally.. After long wait..

complete the OATH today (1/31/22)
OATH email received on 1/24/22
Office :Mississauga.

Thanks all for your suggestions and support.
Wish you all good luck :)
Congrats on becoming Citizen.
Also, did Mississauga mentioned during your ceremony about any current backlog and how many people are getting oath each day ?

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Congrats on becoming Citizen.
Also, did Mississauga mentioned during your ceremony about any current backlog and how many people are getting oath each day ?
I remember reading somewhere that someone had taken the oath and they were told it was 50 people per ceremony in the zoom call.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
I m checking twice a day my Application status is Decision made since December 2nd 2021
It's crazzy that some applications are ready for Oath and they r not sending Oath invitation

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I m checking twice a day my Application status is Decision made since December 2nd 2021
It's crazzy that some applications are ready for Oath and they r not sending Oath invitation
My best guess is that the oath delay is because the background/prohibitions check may have expired and is still being checked, even though it shows completed based on the first check. This is based on what I deduced from the GCMS notes I asked for last year.

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
According to my understanding, once a decision is made they move the application to oath queue. No one knows how tht queue operates but i dont think they'll conduct another background check. . I had an uncomplicated application with no interview or passport request. Still i hv been waiting for just an oath since july 29th last year. Ppl with DM after me hv been invited for oath. To say its frustrating is an understatement.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
According to my understanding, once a decision is made they move the application to oath queue. No one knows how tht queue operates but i dont think they'll conduct another background check. . I had an uncomplicated application with no interview or passport request. Still i hv been waiting for just an oath since july 29th last year. Ppl with DM after me hv been invited for oath. To say its frustrating is an understatement.
There's no way to prove it either way. My thinking is based on what I saw in the GCMS notes I got last year. The Background Check had a clear validity date. If any of the other elements are still 'In Progress' after that date, I am reasonably certain it would go into a check again because that is the only element which could be deemed security issue. I mean, physical presence in Canada will only 'improve', unlikely that you will lose your ability to comprehend English and the knowledge about Canada, once gained, is not lost. So that leaves only Background Check / Prohibitions which could be where the hold up is and these are clearly dependent on the speed of response from RCMP/CSIS; not CBSA because they would be tackling the Physical Presence verification.

This could perhaps be tracked and understood with greater clarity if the data was available and modelled but no two cases will be identical apart from families so suffice to say that IRCC operates in mysterious ways, beyond our comprehension. One thing is certain, the Oath queue is not FIFO.

I couldn't agree more with the frustration part. Probably best to forget about it for a few weeks now. Maybe I'll stop checking the system. It'll happen only when the officer handling the file decides it's time. Till then, it's just speculation and needless stress.

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
There's no way to prove it either way. My thinking is based on what I saw in the GCMS notes I got last year. The Background Check had a clear validity date. If any of the other elements are still 'In Progress' after that date, I am reasonably certain it would go into a check again because that is the only element which could be deemed security issue. I mean, physical presence in Canada will only 'improve', unlikely that you will lose your ability to comprehend English and the knowledge about Canada, once gained, is not lost. So that leaves only Background Check / Prohibitions which could be where the hold up is and these are clearly dependent on the speed of response from RCMP/CSIS; not CBSA because they would be tackling the Physical Presence verification.

This could perhaps be tracked and understood with greater clarity if the data was available and modelled but no two cases will be identical apart from families so suffice to say that IRCC operates in mysterious ways, beyond our comprehension. One thing is certain, the Oath queue is not FIFO.

I couldn't agree more with the frustration part. Probably best to forget about it for a few weeks now. Maybe I'll stop checking the system. It'll happen only when the officer handling the file decides it's time. Till then, it's just speculation and needless stress.
V true

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
If you look at the stuff put out yesterday by the minister for immigration, there are about 60K people waiting for just the oath. Meanwhile the virtual ceremonies take only relatively small numbers at a time. So, overall, it looks like a long queue, although parts of the queue may move faster (as sub-queue, depending on the particular office). And I guess nobody is getting invitations until they actually have a ceremony slot.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
If you look at the stuff put out yesterday by the minister for immigration, there are about 60K people waiting for just the oath. Meanwhile the virtual ceremonies take only relatively small numbers at a time. So, overall, it looks like a long queue, although parts of the queue may move faster (as sub-queue, depending on the particular office). And I guess nobody is getting invitations until they actually have a ceremony slot.
The 60k backlog on Oath queue is no mean feat to overcome. Going by the law of probabilities, that would mean about 14000 in the GTA of which Mississauga would be a big chunk - maybe at least 1/3rd if not more; so say close to 5k. Even if they managed to clear 500 every week, it will still be a 10 week wait, provided there are no other factors at play and they don't add a single more case to DM :)

Reactions: Aquarius93

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 60k backlog on Oath queue is no mean feat to overcome. Going by the law of probabilities, that would mean about 14000 in the GTA of which Mississauga would be a big chunk - maybe at least 1/3rd if not more; so say close to 5k. Even if they managed to clear 500 every week, it will still be a 10 week wait, provided there are no other factors at play and they don't add a single more case to DM :)
by the looks of it, all 60k must be in Mississauga :D

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Guys anyone did oath in mid Jan and still waiting for the certificate ? how long does it takes to arrive from Mississauga office ? is it gonna be in the mail box or deliver at the door ?