+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Mississauga must be the cursed office. doesnt look like many oaths reported this week. other offices seem to be going ahead with back log well - 2019 and early 2020s moving based on the forum posts
Speculation, grapevine, rumour, whatever you choose to call it, but Mississauga has been one of the biggest offices for problematic applications (as well as the total number of applications), hence the closer scrutiny. It is frustrating when you know that everything is right in the application, but that's the nature of the beast. I am aware of people in nearby areas in GTA whose travel history and residence in Canada matched mine closely, but they breezed through in 8 months from application to passport (circa 2018/2019) while I'm still waiting, over 3 years later. Yes, Covid has been a factor but.....

Reactions: maniacworld

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Speculation, grapevine, rumour, whatever you choose to call it, but Mississauga has been one of the biggest offices for problematic applications (as well as the total number of applications), hence the closer scrutiny. It is frustrating when you know that everything is right in the application, but that's the nature of the beast. I am aware of people in nearby areas in GTA whose travel history and residence in Canada matched mine closely, but they breezed through in 8 months from application to passport (circa 2018/2019) while I'm still waiting, over 3 years later. Yes, Covid has been a factor but.....
lots of good points. everything adds up i agree but there is absolutely no explanation why oath ready applications cant be progressed in a sequence and manner that makes sense-whichever way you look at it. One can only hide behind excuses to a certain extent. how long do you think me or you will stay in a job if all we do is make excuses about why cant we do our jobs properly. it catches up eventually in our world but not in IRCC's world.

Reactions: MrChazz

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
lots of good points. everything adds up i agree but there is absolutely no explanation why oath ready applications cant be progressed in a sequence and manner that makes sense-whichever way you look at it. One can only hide behind excuses to a certain extent. how long do you think me or you will stay in a job if all we do is make excuses about why cant we do our jobs properly. it catches up eventually in our world but not in IRCC's world.
Over the last 18 months, I wasn't too worried about this delay since I wasn't headed anywhere because of Covid, but with things looking better now, I certainly hope to travel home and see my family. I'm also approaching the expiry of my Indian passport and the US visa has also expired. Don't really want to shell out money for these, but may not have a choice if this application drags on.

I'll probably wait for another month, then file a Mandamus through a lawyer.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Over the last 18 months, I wasn't too worried about this delay since I wasn't headed anywhere because of Covid, but with things looking better now, I certainly hope to travel home and see my family. I'm also approaching the expiry of my Indian passport and the US visa has also expired. Don't really want to shell out money for these, but may not have a choice if this application drags on.

I'll probably wait for another month, then file a Mandamus through a lawyer.
it is about time since you mentioned its been 3 years. Amazing!!

tatateagold

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
can you please share your timeline
My wife's timeline was very good:

Online application: Apr 4, 2021
AOR: Aug 24
Test date: Nov 19
DM: Jan 5
Oath invite: Jan 17
Oath: Feb 5

I, on the other hand, am a Jan 2021 paper applicant (family) - and no progress for me.

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Another week of waiting for oath invite from Mississauga office!

Reactions: Aquarius93