Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
you are right i think. no movement for a whole month. does not look like there would be any more oaths scheduled this year.
My friend got Oath date from Mississauga office on Nov. 9th for Nov. 24 Oath ceremony. She is a Jan 2020 applicant.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hi,

My dad's application status changed to DM on ecas. On the tracker, it shows everything as completed except language skills (in progress), citizenship test (not started) and ceremony (not started). His prohibitions activity status and physical presence both got marked as completed today. He is above 55, so he doesn't need to show proof of language or do a test. Any idea about when we should expect the ceremony to be? He is an early November 2020 applicant.

Reactions: Aspat

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
After DM? That is so sad. I, a June 2021 applicant, am yet to receive my test invite. It seems like I have a long road ahead of me.
yes, after DM just sitting and waiting.. no idea when this journey is going to get over.. there is so much uncertainty - cannot take a long vacation and visit family because if they ask for OATH when we are on vacay.. then i have to request for postponement which will delay it even further... even if you book a short vacation - we have to pay additional costs for full cancellation and refund and add insurance to it... which amps up the costs.... just because we dont know when the oath notice will come in...

we are in such a state of limbo.. god knows when it will get over..

Reactions: applicant2021

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
I am about to submit my online Citizenship application and the whole process was so easy compared to the paper version.

I am just wondering are most people submitting the application online now rather than paper?

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
I am about to submit my online Citizenship application and the whole process was so easy compared to the paper version.

I am just wondering are most people submitting the application online now rather than paper?
I didn't because they only had that option for single applicants (not families). I am not sure if families can now apply together online. I think with time, the ratio between online to paper applicants is gonna keep increasing. The process is just so much easier that way.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
yes, after DM just sitting and waiting.. no idea when this journey is going to get over.. there is so much uncertainty - cannot take a long vacation and visit family because if they ask for OATH when we are on vacay.. then i have to request for postponement which will delay it even further... even if you book a short vacation - we have to pay additional costs for full cancellation and refund and add insurance to it... which amps up the costs.... just because we dont know when the oath notice will come in...

we are in such a state of limbo.. god knows when it will get over..
I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully, we all receive our oaths soon. Did you try contacting the Mississauga office? I see that you have received your DM in July, that's a long time ago.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My dad's application status changed to DM on ecas. On the tracker, it shows everything as completed except language skills (in progress), citizenship test (not started) and ceremony (not started). His prohibitions activity status and physical presence both got marked as completed today. He is above 55, so he doesn't need to show proof of language or do a test. Any idea about when we should expect the ceremony to be? He is an early November 2020 applicant.
My husband is a Jan ‘21 applicant. His status changed to Decision Made on Nov 23 and the other parameters are similar to your dad's as my husband is 55. Hoping the process will end in the not-too-distant future. Good luck to you and your dad, as well!

Reactions: applicant2021

Raheel16

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
I'm May 2020 applicant, haven't had any update since passing the test on June 14th, 2021. I thought I'd get some updates by reaching out to local MP, they took 2 weeks to provide an update which was basically copy/paste of what's available on the online tracker. Hopeless!

Application Type: Adult (1 adult)
Physical presence: 1100 days
Application sent: Apr 23, 2020
Application Received May 4, 2020
AOR: September 22, 2020
Test Letter: May 27, 2021
Test Completed: June 16, 2021

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
My husband is a Jan ‘21 applicant. His status changed to Decision Made on Nov 23 and the other parameters are similar to your dad's as my husband is 55. Hoping the process will end in the not-too-distant future. Good luck to you and your dad, as well!
Thanks! Good luck to your husband as well!

Reactions: Aspat