LANDED..........
30-12-16

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
what is your timeline brother ?
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: family (2 adults & 1 minor)
Application Sent: June 9, 2021
Application Delivered: June 14, 2021
AOR: Sept 15th
In process ECAS: Oct 18th
Background Check Completed: Nov 5th
Citizenship Test Request: Nov 30th
Test Window: Dec 6th - 26th

Reactions: Samoinp

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
That is awesome progress, was it an urgent request?

tatateagold

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Wow! Congrats!!

Reactions: applicant2021

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Wow! Congrats!!
Thanks!

Can people please share their experiences about the test? Like what they used to study.

Also, just to confirm, you choose what language you want to do the test in when you are doing the test, right?

I am also wondering whether or not I should translate the non-English/French stamps on my passport. They haven't asked for my entire passport yet but I think they will. Any advices?

tatateagold

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks!

Can people please share their experiences about the test? Like what they used to study.

Also, just to confirm, you choose what language you want to do the test in when you are doing the test, right?

I am also wondering whether or not I should translate the non-English/French stamps on my passport. They haven't asked for my entire passport yet but I think they will. Any advices?
My wife recently completed her test - so I can comment.

She used Discover Canada, but also did a lot of those online tests that are free.

What she did say is 90% of questions in the actual have such ridiculous multiple choice options, that the right answer is generally easy to guess, even if you don't have every fact committed to memory.

You can choose between French and English at the time of starting your test.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: applicant2021

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Ok. Could you pls share your timeline
I am also in the same boat. You can check my timeline in my signature.
I know a friend who is a March 2020 applicant and he got oath and applied for his new passport. He had called them and told them that his PR card has expired and if he wants to leave the country he can't. So I guess they put him at the front of the line.
However, I just called today and was told nothing can be done... PR Card has expired as well and we applied for renewal in september. The lady on the phone was like, there are ppl waiting for 5 years! and I said that doesn't justify making some people wait for this long (2 years now) without any updates or reasoning.

I got my GCMS notes and the last update was at end of July 2021 and it says "file ready for ceremony".

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I know a friend who is a March 2020 applicant and he got oath and applied for his new passport. He had called them and told them that his PR card has expired and if he wants to leave the country he can't. So I guess they put him at the front of the line.
However, I just called today and was told nothing can be done... PR Card has expired as well and we applied for renewal in september. The lady on the phone was like, there are ppl waiting for 5 years! and I said that doesn't justify making some people wait for this long (2 years now) without any updates or reasoning.

I got my GCMS notes and the last update was at end of July 2021 and it says "file ready for ceremony".
Ok. I have even received my gcms notes. I applied for gcms on 27 sep. It's been 2 months

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
My wife recently completed her test - so I can comment.

She used Discover Canada, but also did a lot of those online tests that are free.

What she did say is 90% of questions in the actual have such ridiculous multiple choice options, that the right answer is generally easy to guess, even if you don't have every fact committed to memory.

You can choose between French and English at the time of starting your test.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
However, I just called today and was told nothing can be done... PR Card has expired as well and we applied for renewal in September. The lady on the phone was like, there are ppl waiting for 5 years! and I said that doesn't justify making some people wait for this long (2 years now) without any updates or reasoning.
looks like we spoke to the same agent :p .. she told it is what it is, the agents are dealing with the Afghan crisis and hence so much delay.. there was no empathy in her voice and i think we just have to wait and watch.. no other option...