+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hello,
I applied for citizenship in November 2017 and got a correspondence letter in January 2018 stating that my application is in process
I haven’t not heard anything from IRCC since January 2018
I called them many times and complete a web form and have got always same respond
Criminal background check is complete and security background check is in process
Call center agents has nothing different to say
So I went to my local MP at the beginning of the March
IRCC send an email to my MP recommending I should wait Until end of the April
If I don’t hear back anything before end of the April
I should do a follow up through my MPs office
I know it’s still mid of April. But I am really tired of waiting
Any recommendations?
Please share your exprerience and any ideas will be appreciated
Hey @Waitforwait I'm also a Nov 2017 and Mississauga applicant and can totally relate to what you're going through. My app was in process since Feb 2018 and I too didn't receive any correspondence from IRCC until January 2019, which was FP request. Two days after, I finally received the test invite.

I understand that your MP has said to wait til the end of April but in the meantime you could request ATIP notes, if you haven't done so, and see where your app is stuck at. It won't speed up or slow down the processing but will put your mind at ease. I know some people here have good experience with their MP's and have received test or oath invites within days after contacting their MP's, which quite frankly I think is just a fluke. During a recent conversation with my MP's office I was told that they have a little to no influence on citizenship apps. They could ask for information on your behalf but can't speed up the processing, even in emergency cases. All the best, mate!

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
Hey @Waitforwait I'm also a Nov 2017 and Mississauga applicant and can totally relate to what you're going through. My app was in process since Feb 2018 and I too didn't receive any correspondence from IRCC until January 2019, which was FP request. Two days after, I finally received the test invite.

I understand that your MP has said to wait til the end of April but in the meantime you could request ATIP notes, if you haven't done so, and see where your app is stuck at. It won't speed up or slow down the processing but will put your mind at ease. I know some people here have good experience with their MP's and have received test or oath invites within days after contacting their MP's, which quite frankly I think is just a fluke. During a recent conversation with my MP's office I was told that they have a little to no influence on citizenship apps. They could ask for information on your behalf but can't speed up the processing, even in emergency cases. All the best, mate!

Hey Big Boy

Thanks for your respond
I haven’t asked for ATIP notes
I’ll ask it as soon as possible
My questions to you
Did you ask your ATIP notes ? If you did
I was reading all the posts from the other members and I am under impression that these notes are not stating details
Is the case with the ATIP notes
How detailed these notes are?
What do you think in your opinion pushed your application and got you the test invite
Thanks in advance

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
@Waitforwait ...no problem at all! To answer your question, no I didn't request ATIP notes and never felt the need to request them even though my application is way outta normal processing time. I sorta learned to be patient when you're dealing with govt coz timelines don't mean anything to them; no matter what you do or don't, they're going to take their time sweet a** time.
I'm sure there are thousands of posts' on this website regarding ATIP notes but I have found the below link, which explains in plain English.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/atip.165509/

I'm not sure what might have moved my application but if I had to guess I'd say my security/background checks were finally completed and were satisfactory and as a result the test invite was sent.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
well ,I have had such thoughts number of times...1 year + 1 week and no test invite ..............cant halp it
In my case, they did invite me for a test at exactly the 1 year mark in November 2018. HOWEVER, I had emailed them at least a month prior to that and told them that I will be travelling between so & so dates. Clearly the officer who sent the invite didn't pay attention. After getting the invite and 10 days BEFORE the test, I emailed them AGAIN to re-iterate that I cannot attend as I am out of the country - I heard nothing.

Once I came back to Canada, I called and they said they'd re-invite me. Just recently, I accessed my GCMS notes and discovered that they had marked me as "No Show" in the knowledge test field, through no fault of mine. I called IRCC and also sent a webform asking for it to fixed. They eventually fixed it and removed the no-show comment, but put me back in the REGULAR queue for a test invite.
Such an unfortunate turn of events - all due to carelessness of some lazy officer who can't be bothered to read applicant's notes on file, not once but twice! It's now mid-April and I am still waiting...

Reactions: dkmemon

HARRY TORONTO

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
14-01-2011
Med's Request
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-11-2013
Passport Req..
13-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2014
Hello Friends,
I have been silent user since I sent my application in Dec 2017.

My timeline is as under.
Application sent - Dec 2017
AOR received on Jan 2018
In process - March 2018
No FP requested.
Office - Mississauga
I had completed 12 months in Jan 2019. I never requested ATIP notes for me but requested one for my wife in Jan 2019 and was showing Test ready flagged. I called several times to IRCC but agent's answer was same every time that you are in a queue for test.

Last week I went to my area MP office and they called CIC to get the updates. Surprisingly they got the answer that my file is transferred to Scarborough recently and I was advised to follow up after one month.

I am very happy to say that I have received test invitation by email.

Will update after test.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I became Canadian Citizen on April 4, 2019 (SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS !).

MY QUESTION IS REGARDING ECAS PROFILE -

At what point should one consider removing information from ecas website?
What are possible pros and cons of removing information?

I appreciate all useful insights in advance!

Thanks & Regards

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi All,

I became Canadian Citizen on April 4, 2019 (SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS !).

MY QUESTION IS REGARDING ECAS PROFILE -

At what point should one consider removing information from ecas website?
What are possible pros and cons of removing information?

I appreciate all useful insights in advance!

Thanks & Regards
It will be removed automatically after a while.

Reactions: UPPI

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Dumb question,

I'm preparing an application for my spouse. Should I staple the forms or use paper clips? I know a lot of government agencies don't like staples.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Dumb question,

I'm preparing an application for my spouse. Should I staple the forms or use paper clips? I know a lot of government agencies don't like staples.
Don’t staple; it might come back to haunt you! Don’t use an expensive envelope; lots of applications bite the dust.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hey buddy... can you throw some light on Hidden Agenda's!!
What’s the point?!! Someone would dislike it and start an absolute nuisance here.

In short, majority of skilled, qualified people are mistreated with wait times, while others get super lucky.

aba2011

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
26-10-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not yet received
Med's Request
17/07/2012 --- Remedical Request: 12/03/2014
Med's Done....
Received by LVO on 14/08/2012
Interview........
Waived.............
Passport Req..
19-03-2014 AND Decision Made: 10-04-2014
What’s the point?!! Someone would dislike it and start an absolute nuisance here.

In short, majority of skilled, qualified people are mistreated with wait times, while others get super lucky.
It is evident that the IRCC is severely struggling with mismanagement! A typical government body similar to the same in other developed and developing countries. If such mess happens in a private company, they fire up every single employees, but, sad to see, this is not a case in government offices! Working in government = more salary, more vacation and less accountability! Living a dream!

Abran

Mar 12, 2019
Hello,

Good news passed test today 23.04.2019 and got invite for oath ceremony tomorrow. All the best to everyone who still waiting.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
It is evident that the IRCC is severely struggling with mismanagement! A typical government body similar to the same in other developed and developing countries. If such mess happens in a private company, they fire up every single employees, but, sad to see, this is not a case in government offices! Working in government = more salary, more vacation and less accountability! Living a dream!
I wouldn’t like to live such a dream; living on national expense! Bloody joke!
Developed countries don’t poke their nose in other countries business; they fix their own mess first.
It’s a disgrace to have incompetent and shameless ministers who’ve made this beautiful country a mess. One must take care of their own (homeless and unemployed) before offering shelters to abusers!!

Last edited:

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I would like to throw some light on "Rare -Good" IRCC call centre agents....and an unexpected Wonderful Experience

So,i called IRCC today to get an update....The agent took my UCI/ Verified my identity and came back with a surprise that i had already spoken with her on MARCH 12th and she was "the last one" who actually took some action on my file for which the office replied back on March 27th... WHAT A CO-INCIDENCE.

I have contacted IRCC more than 15 times (via webform/ call centre) since March 12th and NONE of the agents have even touched my file and/or took action on my requests.

She was super kind to me... and assured me that there is nothing wrong with my file (as i have not got any fp req or so)... its just a matter of time and i should expect Test Invite as next step...she was very patient in explaining me the situation and this is probably the only time i felt like they are talking like humans..!!

Just wanted to Share!!
Brownie points for her! Some people make our day brighter!