+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
There's always the option of a big group of us whose processing time is over a year going to a media organization and calling out Mississauga office given that their claim of 12 months processing is wrong and asking the media to ask the minister - what's going on??!! But how many of us is willing to face the media and possibly invite scrutiny?
I don’t think the media would care... liberal media sees 80% are done within a year and will call it success, conservative media won’t even consider this worthy of their attention lol

Reactions: maob12

jack112

Sep 5, 2018
Fantastic work guys
Reading these forums keep the downtime pretty entertaining!

Finally some movement on my end!
Timeline below
Sent oct 16 aor nov 10 ip dec 2
Test invite oct 19 - test on nov 5

Last edited:

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Fantastic work guys

Timeline below
Congratulations!
We hope its a good sign for the rest of us waiting....

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Fantastic work guys

Timeline below
A little ray if hope - it’s passed the 1-year mark too, hopefully the rest of us can see something soon too

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi anyone from mississauga who applied in November- had a test in Scarborough in September/ October has oath invite? I havent seen much invites for Mississauga.

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
I am a Brampton applicant but I was following this thread closely.
I just received my Test invite after over a year of wait...
Just to let you know, I called CIC after the one year mark and they mentioned they would send an email to the Scarborough office.
I cannot be certain if that helped though.

Timeline:
App sent: Oct 11th, 2017
App received: Oct 13th. 2017
AOR: Nov 7, 2017
In process: Nov 23, 2017
Test Invite: Oct 24, 2018
Test Date: Nov 14, 2018 in Scarborough

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Mahy

Oct 25, 2017
Hi anyone from mississauga who applied in November- had a test in Scarborough in September/ October has oath invite? I havent seen much invites for Mississauga.
I have also given my citizenship test in Scarborough in September and still waiting for my oath invite. It's been a year now. My PR will be getting expired next month. I didn't apply before, thought the citizenship process will be complete in 1 year time frame but it didn't.

tamu_anand

May 23, 2017
I have also given my citizenship test in Scarborough in September and still waiting for my oath invite. It's been a year now. My PR will be getting expired next month. I didn't apply before, thought the citizenship process will be complete in 1 year time frame but it didn't.
I am also in the same boat like you folks - given test in Scarborough on 27-Sep and still waiting for my oath invite. The immigration officer at the test told me that I would receive my oath invite by email within 2 weeks but it is now close to 4 weeks since my test.

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I am also in the same boat like you folks - given test in Scarborough on 27-Sep and still waiting for my oath invite. The immigration officer at the test told me that I would receive my oath invite by email within 2 weeks but it is now close to 4 weeks since my test.
I gave test on 12 Sep at scarborough
still no Oath

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
App received Nov 20 2017
AOR Jan 6 2018
In process Jan 22
FP May 25
Test invite September 25
Test date October 13
Oath invite October 25
Oath date Nov 19

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Yes, even the interviewer told me that i would be recieving oath before one year of application. Has anyone tried calling cic and asking them when can we expect an oath invite?

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Took Test on Oct 04 AT Scarborough (Mississauga Applicant). Decision Made on Oct 05. Oath Invitation Pending.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 19, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 4, 2018 at 8:20 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Reactions: irnbru16