+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

May 6, 2013
After waiting for over 1 year, I contacted my MP. MP's office got a reply saying that application is non-routine. Please see the reply below and advise what are my options:

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on October 11, 2017.
· The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant at XXXX@gmail.com on November 8, 2017.

· The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):
o the criminality verifications are under review and there is no specific time frame for their completion.

· The criminality verifications are in process.
· The security verifications are currently valid.
· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
After waiting for over 1 year, I contacted my MP. MP's office got a reply saying that application is non-routine. Please see the reply below and advise what are my options:

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on October 11, 2017.
· The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant at XXXX@gmail.com on November 8, 2017.

o the criminality verifications are under review and there is no specific time frame for their completion.

Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
Probably nothing but wait....

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018

According to CIC website backgrounds checks doesn't make someone's application non-routine.
What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:

• you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex designation
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:

Criminal and security checks should be done within a year. However, I'm not sure about their procedures. I'm also waiting for over a year now and they told me to give them up to December December 14th before reconnecting them. Although, I'm thinking to get in touch with immgration lawyer which is i think best action for over 1 year applicants.

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
According to CIC website backgrounds checks doesn't make someone's application non-routine.

• name
    • sex designation
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview

Criminal and security checks should be done within a year. However, I'm not sure about their procedures. I'm also waiting for over a year now and they told me to give them up to December December 14th before reconnecting them. Although, I'm thinking to get in touch with immgration lawyer which is i think best action for over 1 year applicants.

Do you know if your background checks are done? (i.e. Did u order notes or maybe the agent told you something about them?)

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

• name
    • sex designation
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents

By now we should already know what they put on IRCC website is not worth much trust ... just like they said the processing time is 12 months lol

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Do you know if your background checks are done? (i.e. Did u order notes or maybe the agent told you something about them?)
No idea, I'm thinking to call them tomorrow and get details about my application, they should tell me more details at this point since my application is over 1 year already.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
No idea, I'm thinking to call them tomorrow and get details about my application, they should tell me more details at this point since my application is over 1 year already.
Don’t get your hopes up.. when I called I got nothing more than “it’s still in process” and they didn’t know why

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
By now we should already know what they put on IRCC website is not worth much trust ... just like they said the processing time is 12 months lol
Nothing is clear. Non-routine applicants could take up to 3 years. And they are not letting people know if their applications is routine or non-routine.

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Don’t get your hopes up.. when I called I got nothing more than “it’s still in process” and they didn’t know why
I'm thinking to get free service from an immgration lawyer at Mississauga Community Legal Services or my College legal services.

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I was lucky to have a very nice agent on the phone back in July when i called. She informed me that my background checks were completed in early June. This helps because if a year has passed and your background checks and everything else is done, then when u call they will send an email to move ur application to the next step. This is what happened with me, as soon as i called them after 12 months and the next day i got DM.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I was lucky to have a very nice agent on the phone back in July when i called. She informed me that my background checks were completed in early June. This helps because if a year has passed and your background checks and everything else is done, then when u call they will send an email to move ur application to the next step. This is what happened with me, as soon as i called them after 12 months and the next day i got DM.
My background checks were done back in June too and I called after 12 months, still nothing - so it really just luck, nothing else

ByeUKhelloCA

Oct 27, 2017
My background checks were done back in June too and I called after 12 months, still nothing - so it really just luck, nothing else
There's always the option of a big group of us whose processing time is over a year going to a media organization and calling out Mississauga office given that their claim of 12 months processing is wrong and asking the media to ask the minister - what's going on??!! But how many of us is willing to face the media and possibly invite scrutiny?

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
There's always the option of a big group of us whose processing time is over a year going to a media organization and calling out Mississauga office given that their claim of 12 months processing is wrong and asking the media to ask the minister - what's going on??!! But how many of us is willing to face the media and possibly invite scrutiny?
There's nothing you can do really. The 12 months deadline is not enforceable, they say it's a guideline for processing 80% of the applications. If you look at the October spreadsheet, almost 70% of the applicants from mississauga have DM. That's not including people that have not updated their status, so the number could be a bit higher. I know the spreadsheet is too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions but it gives you an idea about how well the office is processing applications. My point is, the Mississauga office could very well be processing 80% of the applications within 12 months, it's just that there are some unlucky people that are stuck somewhere along the process, so i'm not sure talking to the media will lead anywhere. Just my 2 cents.