+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Goodluck abi

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Congrats ... i saw you applied in nov ... omg ... is it that slow ?? My app is "in process" status since June ... can you please share how did you inquire on web form ? What is the link and what info one needs to provide ? Thanks a lot !!!
I have bn in process since January

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
. Maybe you should asked them if they misplaced your file.
Well, their generic reply from last time already covered it:

Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.

The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
On their website it’s said application is process in order receive which is definitely not true because there is people from December months being invited for oath while people from August still waiting. I guess some IRRC office have no supervisor as the saying goes to many bosses and not enough workers.

Reactions: AHHA121

glob

Oct 6, 2017

I find these generic answers utterly offensive.
I would honestly appreciate more if they replied with something like "*****". In this case, I would at least know that a real human made of flesh and blood wrote this, and it would be sort of reassuring.

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
On their website it’s said application is process in order receive which is definitely not true because there is people from December months being invited for oath while people from August still waiting. I guess some IRRC office have no supervisor as the saying goes to many bosses and not enough workers.
It is guaranteed not true that received first served first. I have an email from the IRCC Ministers office which states exatly that, come first serve first but it is not true at all. This email showed a lot about the truth how IRCC works.

Starshi

Apr 8, 2018
Applied in Oct, 2017...in process since Dec 2017...and thats it...nothing since then....very depressing - very disappointing :(

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I find these generic answers utterly offensive.
I would honestly appreciate more if they replied with something like "*****". In this case, I would at least know that a real human made of flesh and blood wrote this, and it would be sort of reassuring.
I love this post. LOL

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
I am September 5th Applicant. Passed my test on August 8th. Status still shows 'In Process'. NO Oath invite yet. The funny thing is that they sent me a Fingerprint request a few days before my test. I completed it the next day and the result was sent to IRCC directly. Does that mean my application is non-routine and will take more than 12 months (Its more than 12 months already).

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
Below is my time line. I sat the test yesterday and was told I passed in the interview process and they told me I should expect to take the Oath in 4 weeks. By looking at some of these posts I am not sure if that is going to be true.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 21, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2018 at 3:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Below is my time line. I sat the test yesterday and was told I passed in the interview process and they told me I should expect to take the Oath in 4 weeks. By looking at some of these posts I am not sure if that is going to be true.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 21, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 6, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 25, 2018 at 3:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I received Oath invitation 3 weeks after the exam date. Oath date is 6 weeks after exam date. So hopefully in next 6 weeks, you'll become Canadian citizen. :)

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
There's no hard and fast rule. You could get lucky and get your oath invite in 2 days, or like me get stuck in limbo

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
For all those who have already taken their oath in mississauga office. Do they have any arrangements for kids?. Also can we go outside to washroom during the oath ceremony as i will be having kids.
You can take children inside the oath room but if they become disruptive they must be removed to the outside where the ceremony can be watched by video feed. People taking oath are sequestered in one area so you cannot have a child in that area. So best to have s child minder or make arrangements beforehand