Exam Date: 25th, September, 2018
waiting for the Oath

Thanks,
CGRP

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Congrats!

I officially give up from this point on, with two weeks from my 12-month mark ... will book my flight ticket tomorrow and leave in a month. If they send me any test invite in the next 3 months, which I don’t even think is going to happen , I will just email them back to reschedule
Don’t take me wrong, my intuition says we will get our test invite within 10days from today!! Don’t ask how but I feel so!!

Reactions: itsmyid

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Don’t take me wrong, my intuition says we will get our test invite within 10days from today!! Don’t ask how but I feel so!!
Lol, maybe you will , but I am not sure I will have that kind of luck - I helped 4 friends with their PR and citizenship application: three of them didn’t know they could apply for PR with their full time job, and were going to work for 1-2 years then apply under CEC ... they became PR 1- 2 years sooner than they thought they could because of my advice, and we applied for citizenship together last October, 2 of them became citizens 3 months ago, one will have his test in two weeks ...the other one asked me to check his citizenship application form and I found a mistake that needed correction .... he applied in March and already took his test 2 months ago

Last edited:

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Congrats!

I officially give up from this point on, with two weeks from my 12-month mark ... will book my flight ticket tomorrow and leave in a month. If they send me any test invite in the next 3 months, which I don’t even think is going to happen , I will just email them back to reschedule
Thanks
it will happen, hopefully sooner

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Congrats!

My application is over 12 months. They sent a notification to my local office to speed it up. However, they told me that I should call them back if i dont hear anything by December! This is like 15 months.
12 months is not a deadline and no one really care if applications past 12 months processing time. It's just based on luck and the responsibility of immgration worker assigned to your file. Some get their applications done in like 4 months and others in like 2 years.

Personally, i believe that the test/interview should be part of a complete citizenship application. In this way, all applicants would have did their tests on a specific time and not based on email you have to wait just selected randomly.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
My application is over 12 months. They sent a notification to my local office to speed it up. However, they told me that I should call them back if i dont hear anything by December! This is like 15 months.
12 months is not a deadline and no one really care if applications past 12 months processing time. It's just based on luck and the responsibility of immgration worker assigned to your file. Some get their applications done in like 4 months and others in like 2 years.

Personally, i believe that the test/interview should be part of a complete citizenship application. In this way, all applicants would have did their tests on a specific time and not based on email you have to wait just selected randomly.
No it’s not a deadline, it’s just a number they dangle in front of people to give them false hope and toy with their expectations... they keep saying “Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.” .... they just need to add “if it takes longer than established processing times just forget what we said” then I would feel much more assured

Reactions: AHHA121

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
No it’s not a deadline, it’s just a number they dangle in front of people to give them false hope and toy with their expectations... they keep saying “Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.” .... they just need to add “if it takes longer than established processing times just forget what we said” then I would feel much more assured
What’s about when they reply you are within your 12 months processing time and when 12 months passed they home up with we are doing security clearances I wonder what they will cook up next why they just increased the processing time and let people be at ease instead of wondering if something is wrong with their application.

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
I've KSA stamps AFTER I applied for citizenship. Do you think that's important too or it's just the stamps during citizenship duration
Better to translate them. If they can't read them, then they wouldn't know if they were before or after you applied.

Reactions: qorax

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Congrats!

Same here, my 12 months will be up in two weeks. This is a Mississauga office problem, other IRCC offices are way better. All my friends from Ottawa and Montreal had their process complete in less than 8 months.

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
What’s about when they reply you are within your 12 months processing time and when 12 months passed they home up with we are doing security clearances I wonder what they will cook up next why they just increased the processing time and let people be at ease instead of wondering if something is wrong with their application.
Sometimes it's nothing to do with security clearance. For instance, they told my dad 3 months ago that his application checks were done and he should wait for the test/interview. However, his application passed the 1 year deadline now with no invitation.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sometimes it's nothing to do with security clearance. For instance, they told my dad 3 months ago that his application checks were done and he should wait for the test/interview. However, his application passed the 1 year deadline now with no invitation.
Well, they don't call it 'deadline', but 'established processing time', so it's much easier to just make up excuses if it goes beyond that 'established time'

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Same here, my 12 months will be up in two weeks. This is a Mississauga office problem, other IRCC offices are way better. All my friends from Ottawa and Montreal had their process complete in less than 8 months.
Scarborough is definitely not better at least for some of us. In two weeks my one year is over. I got yesterday a respond on my webform. The same BS like anyone else experienced here. " we are happy to inform you with details to understand the processing time", Your application is at the IRCC office in Scarborough and verify if you meet the requirements for granting Citizenship. Oh by the way we use your paperwork to shim the table but rest assured if we find a real shim for it we will be able to process your application. In the meantime you can check ECAS the 58millions of time.

Reactions: SpiceIsland