+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Alp2023

Aug 11, 2023
This is the reply email I received today from the Mississauga office :
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please note that your file is undergoing background verification checks, if additional information is required you will be contacted
Please continue checking your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application

Thank you

CEREMONY TEAM
Domestic Network | Réseau national
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

I am really disappointed:eek:, I am thinking about what to do next

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
This is the reply email I received today from the Mississauga office :
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please note that your file is undergoing background verification checks, if additional information is required you will be contacted
Please continue checking your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application

Thank you

CEREMONY TEAM
Domestic Network | Réseau national
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

I am really disappointed:eek:, I am thinking about what to do next
I’m speechless. Don’t know what to say. If it’s still undergoing investigation for BG why did they completed before ? This is like a trick of the system.

I believe we are in %5-%10 percent in long wait list applicants

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I’m speechless. Don’t know what to say. If it’s still undergoing investigation for BG why did they completed before ? This is like a trick of the system.

I had Ghost update on may 10. It’s been 17 days passed and still nothing. I’ll wait let’s see where it goes

• Sad
Reactions: Debby25

Alp2023

Aug 11, 2023

Exactly if it was showing in progress I would know that I have to wait, but when everything is completed since 24 November I am expecting the Oath to soon started. apparently, there is nothing I can do and I have to wait for a certain time and then I will file for mandamus!

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
Exactly if it was showing in progress I would know that I have to wait, but when everything is completed since 24 November I am expecting the Oath to soon started. apparently, there is nothing I can do and I have to wait for a certain time and then I will file for mandamus!
We have a similar timeline as I’ve applied end of July and been waiting since November 2023 for an Oath, and MP told me IRCC is doing further verifications (after LPP & BG which doesn’t make any sense!)

Did you travel a lot in the past 5 years?

I’m just trying to understand if that’s the reason they’re doing extra checks on my file. I’ve travelled quite a few times but never more than 2 weeks at a time.

Last edited:

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
We have a similar timeline as I’ve applied end of July and been waiting since November 2023 for an Oath, and MP told me IRCC is doing further verifications (after LPP & BG which doesn’t make any sense!)

I’m just trying to understand if that’s the reason they’re doing extra checks on my file. I’ve travelled quite a few times but never more than 2 weeks at a time.
I never travelled last 5 years but still waiting for the oath. They prioritize 2024 Jan feb and march applicants. That’s all. It’s just a luck. We missed the train. We need to wait

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
I never travelled last 5 years but still waiting for the oath. They prioritize 2024 Jan feb and march applicants. That’s all. It’s just a luck. We missed the train. We need to wait
I’m speechless at this point. Were you able to call this morning? I kept getting “we can’t transfer your call” -.-

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I’m on the phone 15 min waiting time. I’ll ask 2-3 questions. Do you guys have any suggestions what to ask them ?

3pm -3.30 pm is the best time. It was my first try and connecting

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
I just talked to them. She said she can’t see what’s behind the ghost update. She said they are working on your file. And I asked if I’m routine or non routine. She said if you provide a finger print that means you’re non routine. Long story short we don’t know when they will schedule my oath. It’s unknown. I hate unknown things.

My friend applied on February 2024 they requested finger print from him also. His oath on June 5 lol. So much dilemma going on. I don't know what to rely on.

• Angry

Alp2023

Aug 11, 2023

I didn't travel in the last 5 years