+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

sarvesh prabhu

Jan 24, 2018
I sent an email to the Mississauga office and they got back to me saying that my “background checks are currently in the verification process” what does this even mean ? All of my assessments have been completed/done since December 2023. I’m confused
u completed all stages

CCGo

Mar 5, 2024
I sent an email to the Mississauga office and they got back to me saying that my “background checks are currently in the verification process” what does this even mean ? All of my assessments have been completed/done since December 2023. I’m confused
Oh, again!

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Just my guess, don’t take my word as secure…maybe it’s because IRCC needs to make sure you are eligible to become a Canadian citizen up until the day of the oath. Considering your Prohibitions and BG were completed so long ago, maybe they are checking again?

It’s messed up because once LPP is completed we should have gotten our oath already like everyone else.

Did you reply asking to clarify since your Prohibitions and BG were completed already?

I’m wondering if they’re checking my BG again as well…

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Just my guess, don’t take my word as secure…maybe it’s because IRCC needs to make sure you are eligible to become a Canadian citizen up until the day before the oath. Considering your Prohibitions and BG were completed so long ago, maybe they are checking again?

It’s messed up because once LPP is completed we should have gotten our oath already like everyone else.

Did you reply asking to clarify since your Prohibitions and BG were completed already?

Yes I replied asking for their clarification and I’ve attached screenshots from my tracker. I’m confused why would they mark as complete if they’re not done yet. So weird

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Just my guess, don’t take my word as secure…maybe it’s because IRCC needs to make sure you are eligible to become a Canadian citizen up until the day of the oath. Considering your Prohibitions and BG were completed so long ago, maybe they are checking again?

Well said Debby. Another thing is. Prohibition always is open. What does it mean? It means whatever you do suspicious things or tax stuff or other stuff it will directly affect your application. It will close after the oath

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Yes I replied asking for their clarification and I’ve attached screenshots from my tracker. I’m confused why would they mark as complete if they’re not done yet. So weird
Yes, it doesn’t make any sense.

That’s why they usually send oath invitation within 2 weeks from LPP, at least they don’t have to do further checks.

Since our LPP was completed 4 months ago, maybe they need to re-check? Again, this is unfair

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Well said Debby. Another thing is. Prohibition always is open. What does it mean? It means whatever you do suspicious things or tax stuff or other stuff it will directly affect your application. It will close after the oath
Definitely! If you do something that makes you ineligible for becoming a canadian citizen, they will revoke it regardless of your BG and Prohibition being completed.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Yes, it doesn’t make any sense.

That’s why they usually send oath invitation within 2 weeks from LPP, at least they don’t have to do further checks.

Since our LPP was completed 4 months ago, maybe they need to re-check? Again, this is unfair
It is unfair and I cannot make any sense of it either. I just hope this has triggered the officer to verify and finalize my application.

Mar 26, 2024
Definitely! If you do something that makes you ineligible for becoming a canadian citizen, they will revoke it regardless of your BG and Prohibition being completed.
They do verification till the last couple of hours before the Oath to verify whether you are eligible for becoming a citizen. it was told during the Oath ceremony , even on the Oath day they ask whether we had any issues with law enforcement in last hours..

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Seems like Mississauga is processing new applications from January 2024 quite fast, and leave us from 2023 in the dark…
Probably :( my friend got his test email. He saw the office was Mississauga. He couldn’t happy lol I was like don’t worry its a fast office lol

Kizwilty

Jan 3, 2024
Seems like Mississauga is processing new applications from January 2024 quite fast, and leave us from 2023 in the dark…
This is crazy, been waiting on the prohibitions since Jan 31 and this in itself was just a ghost update. Application was sent in September 2023. i don't know what Mississauga office is doing.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
This is crazy, been waiting on the prohibitions since Jan 31 and this in itself was just a ghost update. Application was sent in September 2023. i don't know what Mississauga office is doing.
see my signature. at the bottom I linked many prohibition related threads. I'm waiting since oct 17 2023 and some for even longer.