+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Stupid question, but what happens if you can't get a day off from work for a citizenship ceremony? My vacation days need to be scheduled at least 30 days in advance, so if I only get like a week notice for in-person, I might not be able to make it.
I guess your company/your manager knows you’re in the process of getting your citizenship? I would give them an heads up that you won’t be able to give 30 day notice, but most likely 1 or 2 weeks. Ask them for an exception in this case. I would hope they can be accommodating in these circumstances.

tobirama

Feb 11, 2024
Hi All,
I have virtual oath ceremony thro Mississauga office next week. During my ceremony my health card and DL would be expired. I have a valid PR card (no signature on it) and a valid foreign passport. Am I good for the ceremony?. Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,
I have virtual oath ceremony thro Mississauga office next week. During my ceremony my health card and DL would be expired. I have a valid PR card (no signature on it) and a valid foreign passport. Am I good for the ceremony?. Thank you.
For ceremony you would be ok but Canadian passport you might need it. So better renew your DL and health card.

tobirama

Feb 11, 2024
For ceremony you would be ok but Canadian passport you might need it. So better renew your DL and health card.
You mean, I would need DL for applying for Canadian passport?.
Ya. I have renewed my health card and DL,I would be getting the new cards in 3-4 weeks.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I got the invite today after almost 15 weeks post-LPP. I was losing my sanity.
Congratulations!!

I’ll try to stay sane while I’m waiting for mine.

Can I ask what’s your Oath date and if it’s virtual or in person?

Last edited: