+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
I will do the same thing. Just not sure how should I know that the certificate is activated on their end so I can apply for my passport.
I read about it. People do it all the time. We just have to inform clerk while registering. I guess it will be updated automatically. I don’t want to take risk with ecert now as some people get hard time in downloading it even days after ceremony. The oath email says that we can apply for passport after 2 days of ceremony.

Reactions: ParyaKh

ParyaKh

Jan 8, 2024
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Oct 29
AOR Received.
Nov 21
I read about it. People do it all the time. We just have to inform clerk while registering. I guess it will be updated automatically. I don’t want to take risk with ecert now as some people get hard time in downloading it even days after ceremony. The oath email says that we can apply for passport after 2 days of ceremony.
Thank you!!

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
Looks like if you didn't receive e-certificate email, most probably yours is going to be in-person. I too didn't receive e-cert download instruction email and mine is in-person.
Makes sense. As we have an option to get paper certificate right there

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
I did my oath back in October and got the e-cert email one day after the ceremony. There's really no order to what they're doing.
Can you please confirm if we need to take both pr card and landing paper with us on day of ceremony or just pr card and other 2 ids are fine?
Also do they ask for home country passport or any travel doc as well?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Can you please confirm if we need to take both pr card and landing paper with us on day of ceremony or just pr card and other 2 ids are fine?
Mine was virtual. They checked PR card and one other ID (I used driver license).

nsatyagl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
canada
Bring with you:

This notice.

 All of the original documents in your possession: your permanent resident card if you have one (even if

it’s expired) or your confirmation of permanent residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688), as well as your

record of landing (IMM 1000), if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002 and have one.

 (If applicable) The permanent resident card for each of the minor children associated to your

application, whether they participate in the ceremony or not).

2 pieces of personal identification (ID):

 one must have your photograph and signature on it, e.g. driver’s license, health card.

 one of them can be your Permanent resident card, if your second piece of identification is Canadian

federal, provincial or territorial issued ID.

 foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued

 if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator

 minors are not required to show identification with a signature.

Examples of pieces of identification can be found here: Show identity, Minors - Gather documents.

 (If applicable) Your Personal identification (ID), if you are the parent/guardian who

submitted/signed the application on behalf of a minor child.

 A signed copy of the Personal Release and Consent form (included at the end of this notice).

 (Optional) A holy book, of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship.

 (Optional) A cell phone or camera if you want to take a picture.

Vaish Ap

May 12, 2021
Received an in-person ceremony invite yesterday for Feb 13. Wondering if Mississauga office has completely switched to in-person instead of virtual?

Reactions: Suryarao611