CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
I got a ghost update today, what does that mean? I mean I have already been scheduled to the Oath ceremony, and received the invitation email on Feb 6

Abhdi

Feb 2, 2024
Timeline:
Applied : Nov 02 2023
AOR : 26 NOV 2023
FP required: 12 DEC
Citizenship test : 20 DEC
Test taken: 27 DEC
Test updated on tracker : 4 Jan 2024
Language : 06 FEB 2024. (Updated 08feb)
FP not received yet.
everything else in progress!!

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
The Mississauga ceremony scheduling email got back to me after a 100 emails with this

“Thank you for contacting our office.

We are not able to provide you with a date or any new information at this time.”

So frustrating

• Sad
Reactions: Debby25

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Even i am in same Boat , Background and Prohibition pending

Why other people gets green their LPP and ours is BG and Prohibition.

I thought once BG and Prohibition are related each other.

I've got an on Feb 7 we received your FP still no update

I hope they will complete BG and Prohibition

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Looking for insights on postponing the oath date. I received the email today for virtual oath but I won’t be able to attended as I am out of the country for medical reasons. I have sent an email response immediately by explaining the situation. Anyone went thru this recently ? Do you know how long would it take to reschedule? Any recent experience from MIS applicants will be helpful. Thank you

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Received an in-person ceremony invite yesterday for Feb 13. Wondering if Mississauga office has completely switched to in-person instead of virtual?
Stupid question, but what happens if you can't get a day off from work for a citizenship ceremony? My vacation days need to be scheduled at least 30 days in advance, so if I only get like a week notice for in-person, I might not be able to make it.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Stupid question, but what happens if you can't get a day off from work for a citizenship ceremony? My vacation days need to be scheduled at least 30 days in advance, so if I only get like a week notice for in-person, I might not be able to make it.
An employee who has been employed for at least ninety (90) days is entitled to up to a half (1/2) day of unpaid leave to attend a citizenship ceremony to receive a certificate of citizenship, as provided for under the Citizenship Act (Canada) and regulations made under that Act.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/jobs/workplace/federal-labour-standards/leaves.html
https://www.toronto.ca/city-government/accountability-operations-customer-service/city-administration/corporate-policies/people-equity-policies/citizenship-court/
https://www.alberta.ca/citizenship-ceremony-leave

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
What's your province and is your job provincially regulated or federally?