Jan 8, 2024
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Oct 29
AOR Received.
Nov 21
after emailing them. is there any movement in your file and get the oath?
I emailed them on Jan 19 and got my oath update on Feb 2 not sure if it was because of that or not. Also I called them 2 times before getting my oath.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I don’t think emailing or calling IRCC everyday makes a difference. Those email addresses specifically say they are not for giving updates on applications so most likely they are all disregarded.

Some applications take longer than others, and believe me I know how frustrating it is (if you’ve been following my posts, you know I’ve been waiting for Oath since end of November) but what can we do? : (

The timeline is 15 months so as long as we are within this timeline, IRCC will tell us to wait.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I don’t think emailing or calling IRCC everyday makes a difference. Those email addresses specifically say they are not for giving updates on applications so most likely they are all disregarded.
I wouldn’t be so sure.

My emails showed up on my GCMS notes, so they definitely reach your file IF you have something to add or concerns about your file.

In my case, I mentioned upcoming travel plans and gave a timeframe in which I wouldn’t be available for oath.

Around the time I asked for GCMS notes, my processing office reached out to the secondary processing office asking for updates on my file.

My most recent email made them look into my file and they found an error (glitch or human error, my “payment” checkbox showed payment outstanding despite of having a complete AOR with a payment receipt)that prevented my file from being scheduled for oath, so I “wasted” +3 months with a stalled application.

When I called, they told me everything was okay. But that’s not what the notes show.

If you genuinely think there is something wrong with your file, emailing your processing office is the way to go. This applies especially IF you’re one of these applicants that has been waiting for oath for +4 weeks. Call centre agents can’t do much, but your processing office has the capacity to get someone looking at your file.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I wouldn’t be so sure.

My emails showed up on my GCMS notes, so they definitely reach your file IF you have something to add or concerns about your file.

In my case, I mentioned upcoming travel plans and gave a timeframe in which I wouldn’t be available for oath.

Around the time I asked for GCMS notes, my processing office reached out to the secondary processing office asking for updates on my file.

My most recent email made them look into my file and they found an error (glitch or human error, my “payment” checkbox showed payment outstanding despite of having a complete AOR with a payment receipt)that prevented my file from being scheduled for oath, so I “wasted” +3 months with a stalled application.

When I called, they told me everything was okay. But that’s not what the notes show.

If you genuinely think there is something wrong with your file, emailing your processing office is the way to go. This applies especially IF you’re one of these applicants that has been waiting for oath for +4 weeks. Call centre agents can’t do much, but your processing office has the capacity to get someone looking at your file.
Thank you for providing your experience, it’s helpful.

I’m just really frustrated and almost lost hope that any agent I speak to or send email to is actually going to do anything.

How did you find out about the error (that’s crazy btw!!) GCMS notes or email?

Can you share which email address you have been using to communicate with IRCC? I’m wondering if I’m using the wrong one.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Thank you for providing your experience, it’s helpful.

I’m just really frustrated and almost lost hope that any agent I speak to or send email to is actually going to do anything.

How did you find out about the error (that’s crazy btw!!) GCMS notes or email?

Can you share which email address you have been using to communicate with IRCC? I’m wondering if I’m using the wrong one.
IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Sent the email and after 10 days with no reply I ordered GCMS notes and saw this message in the most recent notes section:

“Issue report sent to GCMS team on Jan 8 to fix fee issue - The Audit Grant processing fee did not roll up to paid. The status of the fee line is showing outstanding.”

Of course I don’t know how IRCC really works, but I’m assuming that error made my application look incomplete in the system, but because it was technically finalized and in queue for oath no one was working on it (last assigned agent was in October).

Nk_98

Oct 19, 2023
Hello guys,
My oath is scheduled in next 3 days. I did receive email invitation as well. However no email for e-certificate portal as i have seen posts people usually receive before oath. I chose e-certificate while submitting application.
Also can i change it to paper certificate on ceremony day???