+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hi guys,
I got the email for virtual ceremony on Jan 15, 2024
It said 07:45 AM ( Eastern time ) (Canada )
I am in Mississauga , is Mississauga in the same time zone ?
Yes, all of Ontario is in Eastern timezone. Was your Tracker updated today or last week?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi friends, Anyone got their invites for oath for Jan 16th? I just got the tracker update and haven't yet received the email. Just curious to know if the oath will be in-person or not? I heard that All in-person oaths in Mississauga are scheduled on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but could be totally random too. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Damn, it's been a month for me exactly today. I don't know about back log but they can certainly get through applications in 3 months if needed. I've seen applications go from AOR to Oath in 3-4 months from various offices including Mississauga. Calling IRCC and requesting GCMS notes doesn't seem to be doing anything! At least the applications are moving through - perhaps others with faster processing have officers who are better equipped and efficient at their jobs? who knows. haha hang in there!
Bro same situation. 5 weeks today.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
My main concern is that I have a trip in February, and knowing my luck, my oath will be scheduled either shortly before the trip (with no time to get the certificate + passport) or right in the middle, which will mean rescheduling and waiting even more.
I called IRCC and asked about getting oath date if I'm travelling and she said two things:

1) notify IRCC immediately of your travel plans plus fill out the IRCC webform (they email you the link too if you ask for it)

2) I asked about why I still didn't get my oath and if the officer can be asked via internal note on an update and she said my file is "ready for ceremony" and it's "usually sent in the queue and gets assigned accordingly". She also said it can be anyone looking at the file and not necessarily the same officer at that point. She said my application is still within the 16 month timeframe so it's in normal processing time. When I said I've seen other applications move faster after LPP is done so why are some on a wait period for 1 or 2 months, her response was everyone's case is different.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Bro same situation. 5 weeks today.
I called IRCC today and asked about it she said my file is "ready for ceremony" and it's "usually sent in the queue and gets assigned accordingly". She also said it can be anyone looking at the file and not necessarily the same officer at that point.

I don't know if it's an automatic queue but seems odd to me given other people's timeline on this forum and other forums.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I asked about why I still didn't get my oath and if the officer can be asked via internal note on an update and she said my file is "ready for ceremony" and it's "usually sent in the queue and gets assigned accordingly". She also said it can be anyone looking at the file and not necessarily the same officer at that point. She said my application is still within the 16 month timeframe so it's in normal processing time. When I said I've seen other applications move faster after LPP is done so why are some on a wait period for 1 or 2 months, her response was everyone's case is different.
A more apt analogy is like our order is ready for delivery, but Uber driver decides to wait at most 13 months to pick up the order
But your roommate got his order and he's enjoying that nice bucket of KFC while you are staring at your app angrily and staring at his bucket hungrily :D

But thank you for this input. Feels like the note about your file being ready for ceremony might apply to me as well.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
But thank you for this input. Feels like the note about your file being ready for ceremony might apply to me as well.
I called early last month to ask, since I saw people from the same office get scheduled for oath within days of LPP completion and the agent said my file was on queue for ceremony. Yeah, now it's been two months since then so I'm starting to doubt the queue is first come, first served.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I called early last month to ask, since I saw people from the same office get scheduled for oath within days of LPP completion and the agent said my file was on queue for ceremony. Yeah, now it's been two months since then so I'm starting to doubt the queue is first come, first served.
Hey! Sorry to hear about the delay. I'm not sure if you've tried this, but here's what I did. Right after everything turned green, I emailed IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, saying that now my application is all green and completed, could you please help schedule my oath as soon as possible? I cited some travel-related personal reasons (no proof shared or later asked). To my surprise, I got a reply the same day, stating that my request had been forwarded to the concerned team. Two weeks after this reply, I received an oath date. This could all be coincidental, as I applied in Jan 2023, whereas you applied in Aug 2023. So, try and see if it helps. Good luck!

Reactions: Hansanta

Ravi26

Apr 6, 2021
My lpp was completed on 27 th November. Called ircc and the agent told me to wait for the email for oath. Also I am still waiting for the decision made.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
My lpp was completed on 27 th November. Called ircc and the agent told me to wait for the email for oath. Also I am still waiting for the decision made.
You and me have near identical timelines.

Did they give you any clarity on the time to wait?
Did they say (like in the case of Frisk) that your file is in queue for ceremony?

Let's hope there's movement by mid-Jan. All the best.

Ravi26

Apr 6, 2021
You and me have near identical timelines.

Did they give you any clarity on the time to wait?
Did they say (like in the case of Frisk) that your file is in queue for ceremony?

Let's hope there's movement by mid-Jan. All the best.
Heyy,
Yes we do have close timelines. The ircc representative I spoke to did not give any specific timeline. She said “everything looks good from your end now the they have to finalize everything and an email will be sent”. From what I understand we will be in queue once the email is sent I guess ..

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
It's 100% not first come first serve. It's ridiculous. I also feel bad for people waiting since 2022. I hope they work faster this month to catchup