+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Nov 20, 2018
Lpp completed last week.when to expect oath? Do we get a GU?
We got the invitation for oath a week after LPP was completed. Here's our complete timeline:

Online application submitted: July 19, 2023
AOR: Aug 17, 2023
Background verification completed: Aug 29, 2023
Citizenship test request: Sep 13, 2023
Appeared for Citizenship test: Sep 24, 2023
Citizenship test completed: Sep 25, 2023
Prohibitions, Language skills & Physical presence completed: Oct 6, 2023
Citizenship ceremony request: Oct 13
Citizenship ceremony: Oct 30
Citizenship certificate downloaded: Nov 6

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mississauga-citizenship-applicants.531094/post-10661545

Reactions: pseetha

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
We got the invitation for oath a week after LPP was completed. Here's our complete timeline:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mississauga-citizenship-applicants.531094/post-10661545
Thanks for the information

Reactions: canada_dreams85

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023

That's AMAZING how quickly things moved with your application. Are you a single applicant? Congratulations!!

Reactions: RossMatt

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I just got off the phone from IRCC and they said my application "might be non routine but I can't confirm this because it's not our mandate to discuss it". He told me to fill out the IRCC Webform to inquire about whether or not its routine or non-routine. My application was moved to the Mississauga office and I can't access my GCMS notes.

Does anyone know how I can find out if my application is routine or non-routine? Did anyone else go through it and what did you do? It's been 4 months since I completed my citizenship test. I am SO frustrated with IRCC and how impossible it is to talk to the officers who manage our files.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
I just got my certificate today after 23 days and off to apply for urgent passport. For those who haven't received and need urgently, please make sure you raise webforms and follow up via email.

Reactions: SunshineJA

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I just got my certificate today after 23 days and off to apply for urgent passport. For those who haven't received and need urgently, please make sure you raise webforms and follow up via email.
How many web forms have you raised and how quickly have they responded to you?

RossMatt

Oct 28, 2023
I just got off the phone from IRCC and they said my application "might be non routine but I can't confirm this because it's not our mandate to discuss it". He told me to fill out the IRCC Webform to inquire about whether or not its routine or non-routine. My application was moved to the Mississauga office and I can't access my GCMS notes.

Does anyone know how I can find out if my application is routine or non-routine? Did anyone else go through it and what did you do? It's been 4 months since I completed my citizenship test. I am SO frustrated with IRCC and how impossible it is to talk to the officers who manage our files.
my friend is dealing with his non routine fine for past 13 years so it's better to have a good lawyer.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I did that more than a week ago. I called them on Wednesday to confirm and agent said that oath form is already attached to my file so it only depends on when officer chooses to review it. Sent various emails as well. Is there any other way to expedite it? It’s only an e-certificate and well above the 2-5 business day timeline.
@rustin_cohle
Which number you called?
I sent multiple emails with oath form attached. Still no update. Now they put a ban for 24 hours, for trying to check couple of times online.

Reactions: desmat