+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
My clerk was MB. The reason I am asking is because I mentioned specifically during the interview on the oath day that I have travel plans in end of Nov, and agent told me I should receive the certificate within 2-5 business days. And before oath ceremony, I only received an email for Notice to appear and never received any email for downloading e-certificate. I sent them an email before oath that I haven't received an email with instructions to download certificate. I only received that email after my oath ceremony. When I log in into the IRCC portal, it says:
"There were issues submitting your form. Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship."
So I have no idea what to do next.
Call IRCC (though they won't pick up the first time) and ask them if they've received your form, because apparently the 2-5 day period starts after you provide the Oath form. In my case after 5 days, when I called them, they told me they've not received it, so I sent it via multiple emails and webforms and then on 10th day they confirmed receipt. I called on the 11th day and they confirm it's been attached to the file. Though I still haven't received it yet and it's the 15th day but at least they can't say they've not received it.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Call IRCC (though they won't pick up the first time) and ask them if they've received your form, because apparently the 2-5 day period starts after you provide the Oath form. In my case after 5 days, when I called them, they told me they've not received it, so I sent it via multiple emails and webforms and then on 10th day they confirmed receipt. I called on the 11th day and they confirm it's been attached to the file. Though I still haven't received it yet and it's the 15th day but at least they can't say they've not received it.
I called them this Monday Nov 6th as I sent the signed form on oath day Nov 3 but never received auto-reply or acknowledgement. On the oath day I also sent signed form via webform. I received auto reply for web form and when I called on Monday, the agent said they received the oath form that morning which means Nov 6th and said it is in review. She asked me to wait for 5 business days and then to call them again to see if there are any notes. I too am travelling by end of Nov and I am now scared.

Reactions: DreamCatcher007

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
I called them this Monday Nov 6th as I sent the signed form on oath day Nov 3 but never received auto-reply or acknowledgement. On the oath day I also sent signed form via webform. I received auto reply for web form and when I called on Monday, the agent said they received the oath form that morning which means Nov 6th and said it is in review. She asked me to wait for 5 business days and then to call them again to see if there are any notes. I too am travelling by end of Nov and I am now scared.
This is truly unbelievable. I'll waste so much time as I have booked my yearly vacation that will be wasted and ofcourse tons of money too. I hope they have mercy on us.

Reactions: RossMatt

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
This is truly unbelievable. I'll waste so much time as I have booked my yearly vacation that will be wasted and ofcourse tons of money too. I hope they have mercy on us.
@rustin_cohle I swear. Even I had booked my vacation as I have my brother's wedding and I took the oath with a thought that I should get certificate within 2-5 business days which will have enough time to even apply for express pickup for passport. But looking at your situation and others who had same clerk, I am so nervous. Do you or anyone know if we can apply for canadian passport outside canada? If yes, do we need guarantor as canadian citizen in that country or we can fill the form with guarantor's signature and take it along?

Mar 18, 2020
@rustin_cohle I swear. Even I had booked my vacation as I have my brother's wedding and I took the oath with a thought that I should get certificate within 2-5 business days which will have enough time to even apply for express pickup for passport. But looking at your situation and others who had same clerk, I am so nervous. Do you or anyone know if we can apply for canadian passport outside canada? If yes, do we need guarantor as canadian citizen in that country or we can fill the form with guarantor's signature and take it along?
Does anyone had a same Clark in the past? And if yes when did they receive their certificate?

Nov 20, 2018
@canada_dreams85 so I am now confused because before the oath ceremony I never received any instructions to download certificate. So after the ceremony ended on the same day at 3:45pm I received an email with CIT0090.pdf which stated instructions on how to download e-certificate. And at 3:52pm I sent the signed oath form. So should I be expecting another email once certificate is ready?
Hi @rmp0930 , I received the same email twice - the first one on Oct 23 (a week before the ceremony), and the second one on the day my e-certificate was available for download (Nov 6). I am not sure if there's a defined pattern for this, but you might get the second email once your e-certificate is ready for download.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmp0930

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Reading all the comments on issues, I'm wondering if it has to do with holiday season and people going on vacation. It's gonna be so slow in the coming weeks :(

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
What’s the latest anyone has gotten their e-certificate from Mississauga office?
It’s been 3 weeks for me. Even the IRCC agent confirmed everything is in the file including oath form.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
What error you get on the portal when you try to download the certificate?
I get the ‘certificate is not available .. please try in 2-5 business days’ thingy. It’s been close to 3 weeks since my oath and the call centre confirmed they received everything. Only needs to be issued by some officer.

Nov 20, 2018
I get the ‘certificate is not available .. please try in 2-5 business days’ thingy. It’s been close to 3 weeks since my oath and the call centre confirmed they received everything. Only needs to be issued by some officer.
Did you select e-certificate and not physical certificate option in your application?

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Try sending the signed oath form from another email id. It worked for many in the past but 3 weeks is a lot of time.
I did that more than a week ago. I called them on Wednesday to confirm and agent said that oath form is already attached to my file so it only depends on when officer chooses to review it. Sent various emails as well. Is there any other way to expedite it? It’s only an e-certificate and well above the 2-5 business day timeline.