+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My oath as per the tracker is on Aug 28. I haven’t received the invite email. Only the e-certificate download email. When should I expect and start to worry ?
You should already as oath email is expected atleast 6 days before the ceremony. Call IRCC.

Viju2612

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone, I have got oath ceremony date of Aug 31st (Mississauga VO) but I have to travel to New York (Via road) for longweekend...During the oath ceremony they will ask me to cut the PR card and I am not sure how I will travel back to Canada without PR card. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

saksvig

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Hello everyone, I have got oath ceremony date of Aug 31st (Mississauga VO) but I have to travel to New York (Via road) for longweekend...During the oath ceremony they will ask me to cut the PR card and I am not sure how I will travel back to Canada without PR card. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance
I was in the exact same boat as you. I was to travel to NYC via road between Aug 25 - Aug 29 and I got to know on Aug 19 that my oath is on Aug 28. So we readjusted our travel plans to now Aug 23 - Aug 27 and I’ll be back on Aug 27 itself to attend my oath on Aug 28.

You’re right that PR card will be asked to cut and there is no other option to it. So you either reschedule your oath and wait for god knows how much more time for the oath to be rescheduled or you readjust your travel plans. You should know your priorities to answer this question for yourself.

congratulations and best of luck !

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
& rescheduling with Mississauga office can take time ... I had to miss my original oath date, which was on 21 February. I am still waiting for them to schedule a new date :rolleyes:.

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017

Thanks in advance
Dude, take your oath invite seriously.
Is this reckless travelling plan worth more than your citizenship application completion?
Weigh your prospects intelligently.

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I was in the exact same boat as you. I was to travel to NYC via road between Aug 25 - Aug 29 and I got to know on Aug 19 that my oath is on Aug 28. So we readjusted our travel plans to now Aug 23 - Aug 27 and I’ll be back on Aug 27 itself to attend my oath on Aug 28
Way to go. You know your priorities right.
Good luck for the oath.

ewcg

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
& rescheduling with Mississauga office can take time ... I had to miss my original oath date, which was on 21 February. I am still waiting for them to schedule a new date :rolleyes:.
Ugh, that's ridiculous. I had to miss mine on July 31st and they only responded, in red letters, my 3rd email asking to reschedule. Still waiting for a new date too.

ismseif

Jan 13, 2018
Hi everyone, my wife and I applied in November, background checked, took the citizenship test in March, and have been waiting since then with no updates... mississauga office.. anyone in the same boat with same timelines?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Everyone, I am waiting since 15 days now to download my citizenship certificate. Sent an email as well but no response. Is anyone in similar situation ?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Final update related to my application

Citizenship oath taken: Aug 24, 2023
Oath Affirmation Form submitted: Aug 24, 2023
Complete timeline in my signature.

Waiting for e-certificate. Did anyone who took their oath yesterday receive their certificate already?

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help and support. I am glad I don't have to deal with IRCC much after this. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there!

peppeg

Aug 22, 2023
Application got moved in a batch early this year from SCR to Mississauga - starting to get more and more annoyed this happened because Miss seem to be so slow with organizing oath ceremonies.

Had a date in April we had to postpone due to travel and no update since April 15th (original ceremony date) when it went back to in progress.

Anyone had any luck with a rescheduled ceremony lately?
I’m in the exactly same boat. I was SCR and then moved to Mississauga and had to reschedule the original date of March 6th.
Still waiting for a new date

Reactions: LES1910

ewcg

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
I’m in the exactly same boat. I was SCR and then moved to Mississauga and had to reschedule the original date of March 6th.
Still waiting for a new date
Is there something that can be done about this? It seems there are many people in this "waiting for a new date from Mississauga" limbo

mb580

Mar 30, 2023
HI , do I have to take my PR landing document also to Oath including PR card or just my physical PR card is enough?