+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

kyinn233

Aug 28, 2023
My oath ceremony was July 10, and still haven't received my citizenship certificate. I contacted IRCC on Aug 18 and they confirmed that my certificate was mailed out July 24. They won't be able to do anything or issue me another certificate until early Sept which is 6 weeks after original certificate being mailed out. Anyone has similar situation or know what to do? Thanks.

esquire75

Jul 7, 2015
Toronto
AOR: May 31 2022. LPP completed on May 16,2023. No updates since. Losing hope in getting this oath date. Seeing applicants from 2023 already Canadian is absolutely frustrating. I wish I will never have to deal with IRCC again.

Reactions: ismseif

ismseif

Jan 13, 2018
Totally understand... how long between your test and LPP?? Also mississauga office right?
AOR: May 31 2022. LPP completed on May 16,2023. No updates since. Losing hope in getting this oath date. Seeing applicants from 2023 already Canadian is absolutely frustrating. I wish I will never have to deal with IRCC again.

Jul 6, 2023
My lpp was completed on May 17th ,just a day after your and I am still waiting as well for Oath to be scheduled. My Husband applied a month after me and he already has his new passport with Scarborough office. Don't know , what to say here. Even I have stopped tracking my application.

esquire75

Jul 7, 2015
Toronto
My lpp was completed on May 17th ,just a day after your and I am still waiting as well for Oath to be scheduled. My Husband applied a month after me and he already has his new passport with Scarborough office. Don't know , what to say here. Even I have stopped tracking my application.
Yeah it doesn't make any sense but I think I should do the same as you and forget about it.

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Yeah still waiting here from April 15th Oath reschedule. Comforting to know i'm not the only one but I wish they would move us all along - they have such a massive pile of people waiting for Oath I dont know why they dont just move through them in order of date (oldest first) and get them done!

I understand when the application is being processed it takes a different amount of time to confirm BG, permissibility etc but once an application is just waiting for an oath date.... work from the oldest!

Reactions: esquire75

esquire75

Jul 7, 2015
Toronto
At this point they should organize massive ceremonies. Because it seems they are underwater and the worse is that they make people from recent months go before us. Unbelievable.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Yeah still waiting here from April 15th Oath reschedule. Comforting to know i'm not the only one but I wish they would move us all along - they have such a massive pile of people waiting for Oath I dont know why they dont just move through them in order of date (oldest first) and get them done!

I understand when the application is being processed it takes a different amount of time to confirm BG, permissibility etc but once an application is just waiting for an oath date.... work from the oldest!
Similar timelines here, Reschedule from 12th April oath date, still waiting for new date! Can't even make any plans for December holidays its so frustrating...

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
I finally received oath invite for Sept 11th. Haven't yet received the email yet, but can see it on the tracker. Believe the email should come in the next 3-4 days. Here is my timeline (applied as a family)

Online application - Sept 12th
AOR - Oct 28th
BG complete - Jan 5th
Test taken - March 24th (window was Mar 24 - April 12th)
Test completed on tracker - March 27th
Prohibitions and Language completed - June 14th
Physical presence completed - June 20th for spouse/Aug 4th for myself
Oath (updated on tracker Aug 28th) - Sept 11th

Not sure yet if the oath is in-person or virtual

If it's in-person do you get the citizenship certificate the same day? If it's virtual, once I get the e-certificate, can I apply for passport using that?

Reactions: rushi.gada