Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was following up with Mississauga office since months to schedule oath ceremony for me & my kids, as I had received invitation from Citizenship test from them. Now when I finally got invitation for oath it is from Scarborough office. I applied from Mississauga, however I had initially landed in Scarborough after getting PR. For my spouse entire processing happened at Scarborough office.

So if you don't see progress despite following up with genuine reason, confirm processing office.

Reactions: boomshanker

ZAS111

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,

My background check has been moved to in process from completed and I will need to send my fingerprints again. Can you please let me the Mississauga office address to send the fingerprints.

Thank you

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
I was following up with Mississauga office since months to schedule oath ceremony for me & my kids, as I had received invitation from Citizenship test from them. Now when I finally got invitation for oath it is from Scarborough office. I applied from Mississauga, however I had initially landed in Scarborough after getting PR. For my spouse entire processing happened at Scarborough office.

So if you don't see progress despite following up with genuine reason, confirm processing office.
@softwaretesting you are 100% right. Me too I did the citizenship test with Mississauga. After contacting my MP, Scarborough scheduled an interview in person with me in two weeks. I think all the families files are processed in Scarborough.

When are you taking your oath?

Regards

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@softwaretesting you are 100% right. Me too I did the citizenship test with Mississauga. After contacting my MP, Scarborough scheduled an interview in person with me in two weeks. I think all the families files are processed in Scarborough.

When are you taking your oath?

Regards
Its scheduled for 13-June.

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
Hi, I really need your suggestions about name change issues.

I helped my child legally changed name and got name change certificate. The name change certificate was sent to IRCC when applying citizenship. I haven't changed the health card and other ID with the new name as I think all ID should be the same name, so I wait until I get oath ceremony. The oath ceremony is scheduled on Jun.15 after almost three years of waiting (Aug2019 applicant).

The PR card and other ID are all in old name now, and the invitation of oath ceremony is in new name. During the ceremony, two ID should be showed to the clerk. Shall I give them the ID (such as PR card, health card) with old name and the name change certificate?

Thank you!

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Hi, I really need your suggestions about name change issues.

I helped my child legally changed name and got name change certificate. The name change certificate was sent to IRCC when applying citizenship. I haven't changed the health card and other ID with the new name as I think all ID should be the same name, so I wait until I get oath ceremony. The oath ceremony is scheduled on Jun.15 after almost three years of waiting (Aug2019 applicant).

The PR card and other ID are all in old name now, and the invitation of oath ceremony is in new name. During the ceremony, two ID should be showed to the clerk. Shall I give them the ID (such as PR card, health card) with old name and the name change certificate?

Thank you!
Present them with the IDs with old names alongside the documents with the name change.

May 14, 2017
In a similar Situation after 26 months, I checked my application status today, and there is a new update that says to attend an interview within 3 weeks, but the section for Language, Physical, prohibitions says" in Progress ". Does anyone know about this or have any idea what is there in the interview?
?

Reactions: boomshanker

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
In a similar Situation after 26 months, I checked my application status today, and there is a new update that says to attend an interview within 3 weeks, but the section for Language, Physical, prohibitions says" in Progress ". Does anyone know about this or have any idea what is there in the interview?
?
It just a normal interview they may ask few questions and will verify the documents i guess. check scarborough office group. there are few applicants which have shared there experience regarding interview.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-scarborough-applicants-online-test-interview-dm-oath.724014/page-232#post-10111026

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
What's the recent turnaround of DM to OATH?
It varies depending on each individual application but I think 3 months looks like a normal lead time.

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
For us it was a little more than 3 months for Mississauga. Received the oath invite email today. Ours is in 10 days, praise God! I hope and pray everyone that has been battling for 18+ months gets theirs processed asap.

Reactions: Shauna_Jamaican

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
For me, from DM to oath invite is 2 weeks, DM to oath ceremony is 1 month. But I'm a Aug.2019 applicant. Waiting for almost 3 years.