+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Thank you for sharing the email address of Mississauga office. I used this address to send email to them on May 9th. As my application was sent in August 2019, I mentioned in the email about the longer processing time of my case and request if they can speed up. Several days ago, when I checked the online tool, I found that all the items turned to completed except oath on May 10th. Then I also found on eCAS, the status is now "Decision Made".

I'm not sure if my email causes this movement, anyway, it moved.

Just want your suggestion that if I should send another email to Mississauga offie again to request oath ceremony? or just wait?

Thanks in advance. Hope we can reach the end soon after the long journey.
which email address did you use? even I sent an email to them but no reply or movement to my file? thanks

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
Anyone reschedule their Oath Ceremony due to being out of the country in February - 2022 and got their rescheduled Oath Ceremony date/invitation????

I keep getting e-mail they will reschedule me at a future date and I have read it usually takes 6-9 months atleast as they put you in low priority.
I requested postponement in Jan. I came back to the country in March first week and mailed them that I am ready for the oath. No message from them till now.

When I asked them how long it would take, they said 0 and 6 months from now. Super painful, this wait.

What is your story?

• Haha
Reactions: boomshanker

jaina805

Mar 16, 2022
I’m sure it’s somewhere on this thread but I can‘t find this info — how long before the citizenship ceremony are they going to send the invite instructions? I just saw my tracker was updated yesterday to Ceremony in progress. I’m scheduled for June 17 but no other instructions.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Thank you for sharing the email address of Mississauga office. I used this address to send email to them on May 9th. As my application was sent in August 2019, I mentioned in the email about the longer processing time of my case and request if they can speed up. Several days ago, when I checked the online tool, I found that all the items turned to completed except oath on May 10th. Then I also found on eCAS, the status is now "Decision Made".

I'm not sure if my email causes this movement, anyway, it moved.

Just want your suggestion that if I should send another email to Mississauga offie again to request oath ceremony? or just wait?

Thanks in advance. Hope we can reach the end soon after the long journey.
I sent 2 emails, one each to the following email addresses and there was no response at all. I did that about 10 weeks after I got DM in the old ECAS. What happened was I did get an invitation for the oath ceremony 3 weeks after that. Yippee!!! Not sure if my emails helped or it was just their normal lead time for the particular type of my case. Some say the agents do open emails and review the application but it's just a guess. There is no evidence whatsoever about that. If it makes you feel better, no harm sending the emails as I did. I gave a good reason why I needed an expedition as I would have an upcoming overseas business trip (with a proof) to plan for. Unless it's advisable not to do so, I think you might just go ahead with the email. We shouldn't see this as being too pushy or too aggressive; even so this country will need new citizens with some aggressiveness to help grow the economy, won't it? :)

IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
I requested postponement in Jan. I came back to the country in March first week and mailed them that I am ready for the oath. No message from them till now.

When I asked them how long it would take, they said 0 and 6 months from now. Super painful, this wait.

What is your story?

Hi @aiw,

I emailed CIC Mississauga multiple times after I came back on 15-Mar-2022.

I emailed them Feb 21st, 2022 I'm out of the country and they replied back just a couple of days before my Oath on 28th February, 2022.

They have a generic reply they will reschedule at a later date.

I even tried contacting my local Member of Parliament (MP) to request them if possible to have it rescheduled sooner but CIC told them I'm on low priority and that I should try to contact with MP office in 2 months if I don't hear back from CIC.

I'm going to try again this week to try and request (more like beg) CIC if they can have my Oath Ceremony rescheduled sooner.

If you want to try n contact your local MP and see what they say can go for it.

All the best

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
I sent 2 emails, one each to the following email addresses and there was no response at all. I did that about 10 weeks after I got DM in the old ECAS. What happened was I did get an invitation for the oath ceremony 3 weeks after that. Yippee!!! Not sure if my emails helped or it was just their normal lead time for the particular type of my case. Some say the agents do open emails and review the application but it's just a guess. There is no evidence whatsoever about that. If it makes you feel better, no harm sending the emails as I did. I gave a good reason why I needed an expedition as I would have an upcoming overseas business trip (with a proof) to plan for. Unless it's advisable not to do so, I think you might just go ahead with the email. We shouldn't see this as being too pushy or too aggressive; even so this country will need new citizens with some aggressiveness to help grow the economy, won't it? :)

IRCC.DNCitMISScheduling-ConvocationMISCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca
Thanks for your reference and suggestion. I will reach them by the emails and will share any updates.

Reactions: jeanp

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
My Timeline and update:

Application type: Mail - Sydney, NS
Physical presence: 1796 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 27th, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
BG Check / Fingerprints request: March 17, 2022
Fingerprints done & Submitted: March 21st, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite: March 31st, 2022
RCMP mailed out FP results to CIC on 8th April, 2022
Citizenship Test Done: 19th April, 2022
Fingerprint received on 24th April, 2022
Test updated to Completed on 25th April, 2022
BG Verification updated to Completed on 18th May, 2022
Prohibitions Completed on May 27th, 2022
Physical Presence Completed on May 27th, 2022
Language Skills Completed on May 27th, 2022

ECAS is set to Decision Made.

All that's left now is Citizenship Ceremony.

Last edited:

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Timeline and update:

Application type: Mail - Sydney, NS
Physical presence: 1796 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 27th, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
BG Check / Fingerprints request: March 17, 2022
Fingerprints done & Submitted: March 21st, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite: March 31st, 2022
RCMP mailed out FP results to CIC on 8th April, 2022
Citizenship Test Done: 19th April, 2022
Fingerprint received on 24th April, 2022
Test updated to Completed on 25th April, 2022
BG Verification updated to Completed on 18th May, 2022
Prohibitions Completed on May 27th, 2022
Physical Presence Completed on May 27th, 2022
Language Skills Completed on May 27th, 2022

All that's left now is Citizenship Ceremony.
With your timeline, my theory of 3-4 months of delay after BG completed is proven wrong :p

My BG was completed on 4th May, everything else is in progress.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Guys I see Oath scheduled for 6th June when can I expect email instructions and which email id do it come from?
usually in the week before you are scheduled for the interview.

Sometimes even within 48 hours of the actual interview. In extreme cases just 24 hours before oath.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I’m sure it’s somewhere on this thread but I can‘t find this info — how long before the citizenship ceremony are they going to send the invite instructions? I just saw my tracker was updated yesterday to Ceremony in progress. I’m scheduled for June 17 but no other instructions.
Copying the same reply as above

usually in the week before you are scheduled for the interview.

Sometimes even within 48 hours of the actual interview. In extreme cases just 24 hours before oath.

Reactions: jaina805

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
For those who's passed through this stage...How long does it usually on average take to get CC started or oath invitation?