Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Can anyone throw some light on the timeline if our citizenship file is at CPC Mississauga? I mean, how long does it take? At the moment, I only have BG completed. Rest all are in progress. Its already been 1 year since I applied.
Mississauga is dealing with a huge backlog at the moment - they recently updated their processing time to 27 months - If your case doesn't meet standard processing flags, it could possibly take longer. BG completed is a good sign already.

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022
more than 19 months for me citizenship test and background is completed all others are still in progress. Better would be to order for GCMS notes or call the CIC agent to know the status of your application. Some CIC agents are good they tell what is the actual status and what has been completed some don't they tell they see the same online as we see it on online tracker which is wrong because whenever we call cic agent it gets added to our GCMS notes.
I have ordered GCMS notes, but they didnt say much besides the secondary office being Mississauga.. and there were some due dates assigned to each of the parameters (Language, Physical Presence, etc.,).. I believe these are not going to be relevant?? Do they have to follow these dates and do they actually do that?

I had asked my MP to reach out to IRCC, I did notice that in the GCMS notes..

Its been 19 months for you, I am feeling horrible, hope and pray your file moves faster..

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022
Mississauga is dealing with a huge backlog at the moment - they recently updated their processing time to 27 months - If your case doesn't meet standard processing flags, it could possibly take longer. BG completed is a good sign already.
I did see that they revised their timelines to 27 months, that is too long.. other offices are processing within 12 months.. in my case only BG is completed, but others have even given their test and are waiting..

What are our options.. just wait and wait?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I did see that they revised their timelines to 27 months, that is too long.. other offices are processing within 12 months.. in my case only BG is completed, but others have even given their test and are waiting..

What are our options.. just wait and wait?
Yup when you finish waiting .. they want you to wait more ! Ours took 24 Months

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
I checked the old tracker and found that the status is changed to "Decision Made"? Just wonder, when will I received the ceremony invite after decision made? Thanks.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked the old tracker and found that the status is changed to "Decision Made"? Just wonder, when will I received the ceremony invite after decision made? Thanks.
It took 3 months for me for status to change in new tracker & oath after another 1 month.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
How come US processing visas at such a faster rate in comparison to Canada?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
How come US processing visas at such a faster rate in comparison to Canada?
More manpower, simple math. Try to drive on Rainbow Bridge and see the difference.

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Anyone reschedule their Oath Ceremony due to being out of the country in February - 2022 and got their rescheduled Oath Ceremony date/invitation????

I keep getting e-mail they will reschedule me at a future date and I have read it usually takes 6-9 months atleast as they put you in low priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: summaiya_t

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Anyone reschedule their Oath Ceremony due to being out of the country in February - 2022 and got their rescheduled Oath Ceremony date/invitation????

I keep getting e-mail they will reschedule me at a future date and I have read it usually takes 6-9 months atleast as they put you in low priority.
I never would've rescheduled in the first place knowing how unreasonable and unreliable the IRCC processing times are. It's a game of "you snooze, you lose." Now you wait endlessly as they dig your file out from the bottom of the pile where it's buried while you were unavailable. Knowing you almost had your freedom from the initial wait, is going to hurt much more than this new wait which I gathered is since February. However, if whatever made you reschedule in the first place is well worth it, then it makes this new wait... worthy too.

Sorry, just be patient. They'll get to it eventually.

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
Thank you for sharing the email address of Mississauga office. I used this address to send email to them on May 9th. As my application was sent in August 2019, I mentioned in the email about the longer processing time of my case and request if they can speed up. Several days ago, when I checked the online tool, I found that all the items turned to completed except oath on May 10th. Then I also found on eCAS, the status is now "Decision Made".

I'm not sure if my email causes this movement, anyway, it moved.

Just want your suggestion that if I should send another email to Mississauga offie again to request oath ceremony? or just wait?

Thanks in advance. Hope we can reach the end soon after the long journey.

Reactions: Impresso

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for sharing the email address of Mississauga office. I used this address to send email to them on May 9th. As my application was sent in August 2019, I mentioned in the email about the longer processing time of my case and request if they can speed up. Several days ago, when I checked the online tool, I found that all the items turned to completed except oath on May 10th. Then I also found on eCAS, the status is now "Decision Made".

I'm not sure if my email causes this movement, anyway, it moved.

Just want your suggestion that if I should send another email to Mississauga offie again to request oath ceremony? or just wait?

Thanks in advance. Hope we can reach the end soon after the long journey.
No harm in following up for oath after few days. Although I think they are prioritizing 2019-20 applicants.