Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for confirming.
Usually the status turns to "Completed" in 24 hrs. I'm guessing that as it was a Friday, it will only get updated by Monday.
Checked this Morning - Status is now CLOSED.

Your citizenship application status
Updated:May 9, 2022

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as
  • applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
New Online Status - CLOSED

It is indeed a weird feeling now i think about it, all of that preparation and anxiety to fill out the form with the hopes that we will be a Citizen in less than a year, checking online status religiously every day with a feeling of defeat , the restlessness to just ask someone or anyone for a single UPDATE, it all does come to an end.

It is the brutal wait and the lack of updates that really gets you to your bone. To all of those who are still waiting, do not give up , there are a lot of great souls in this forum who def are willing to help out with any questions, or just listen to your frustrations.

Now let us see how long this Citizenship Certificate takes to come through.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked this Morning - Status is now CLOSED.

Your citizenship application status
Updated:May 9, 2022

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks, you’ll receive documents and information for your next steps as a new citizen.
Find information and services for new Canadians, such as
  • applying for a passport
  • voting in an election
  • 1 year of free admission to Canada’s natural parks and cultural centres
Same here. Congratulations !!

Reactions: Impresso

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
New Online Status - CLOSED

It is indeed a weird feeling now i think about it, all of that preparation and anxiety to fill out the form with the hopes that we will be a Citizen in less than a year, checking online status religiously every day with a feeling of defeat , the restlessness to just ask someone or anyone for a single UPDATE, it all does come to an end.

It is the brutal wait and the lack of updates that really gets you to your bone. To all of those who are still waiting, do not give up , there are a lot of great souls in this forum who def are willing to help out with any questions, or just listen to your frustrations.

Now let us see how long this Citizenship Certificate takes to come through.
Congrats, Happy to see you and other folks who've been waiting to get through this are all progressing :)

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
did anyone send email to Mississauga office and got an proper reply or did the process got escalated ?
So we didn't get any out of the ordinary reply other than just the usual " we are working as fast as we can " - but i think one of the emails got them looking into the case file. [That is just the theory]

Try one of these emails or all of them - make sure you have your Last Name and File Number in the subject line and try not be super harsh in your wording rather try to create empathy in the email

MIS --> "IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca"
SCR --> "IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipGTACEN-RGTRECCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca"

Also try to the email the people who requested you for Finger Prints or Extra Documents - All the best.

Reactions: boomshanker

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
So we didn't get any out of the ordinary reply other than just the usual " we are working as fast as we can " - but i think one of the emails got them looking into the case file. [That is just the theory]

Try one of these emails or all of them - make sure you have your Last Name and File Number in the subject line and try not be super harsh in your wording rather try to create empathy in the email

MIS --> "IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca"

Also try to the email the people who requested you for Finger Prints or Extra Documents - All the best.
Thanks. Finally saw the Citizenship Oath Invitation ceremony update in the tracker. When I can expect the official email?

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016

Sure will try to send an email to them and see where my application status is.

Reactions: Impresso