+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
My old ECAS has we have started processing your application but new tracker has background check and citizenship test completed. Any one in the same boat?

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Did anyone's status get to DM then go back to in process? This happened in my son's case (15 years old) and they requested his fingerprints which we did. I am not sure what to expect now. My status and his sister's are still DM ever since Jan 10th (we are both adults).

I am getting scared that the 27 months estimate might be true in my case.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Did anyone's status get to DM then go back to in process? This happened in my son's case (15 years old) and they requested his fingerprints which we did. I am not sure what to expect now. My status and his sister's are still DM ever since Jan 10th (we are both adults).

I am getting scared that the 27 months estimate might be true in my case.
Mine is more than 30 months now, still waiting for the Oath ceremoney as the final step.

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Exactly, it is like everything is complete according to their own system but they have left the file to eat dust. It is going to be 2 years in June since filing application
Whoa!!! That's just plain annoying. I can't imagine how you must feel. Me? Reading this just gets me even more mad at them. But then, what can we do? Nothing, as we have no control over it. Sorry man.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
That's sad. Details?
I am from the 2019 batch, waiting months after months before I got the test invite only on end of last year. I got my DM on March 2022. I don't know the exact reason for such a huge delay. Based on the current trend, Oath ceremony date depends on DM date and not on the original application filed date. So I will be very lucky if I will get my oath ceremony date atleast by Dec 2022.

Reactions: applicant2021

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I am from the 2019 batch, waiting months after months before I got the test invite only on end of last year. I got my DM on March 2022. I don't know the exact reason for such a huge delay. Based on the current trend, Oath ceremony date depends on DM date and not on the original application filed date. So I will be very lucky if I will get my oath ceremony date atleast by Dec 2022.
At least, you got DM. Been 5 months since test...not even DM yet

Reactions: Dreamlad

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
I applied citizenship for my son as a minor in Aug.2019. After 32+ months waiting, only BG check was completed in Apr.2021, other things are still in process or not started. As the application is for a minor, I think the test is not needed. I heard that the processing speed of a minor case is usually longer than an adult case. Is that true? Is it because my application is for a minor only caused longer than usual processing time? Thanks.

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I applied citizenship for my son as a minor in Aug.2019. After 32+ months waiting, only BG check was completed in Apr.2021, other things are still in process or not started. As the application is for a minor, I think the test is not needed. I heard that the processing speed of a minor case is usually longer than an adult case. Is that true? Is it because my application is for a minor only caused longer than usual processing time? Thanks.
What about your status? If your application has DM then it should be good.

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Good morning all,

Finally after 24 months, my wife and I got all fields on the new tracker marked as *Completed* except for the *citizenship ceremony* and the old tracker shoes *decision Made*. But my daughter's file still showing in process in the old tracker. The new tracker has only the *Prohibition* marked as *Completed*. My daughter is 10 years old.
Is it normal for my daughter's file to still be in process with only prohibition *Completed *?

@Dreamlad any idea?

Regards

Reactions: summaiya_t

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Good morning all,

Finally after 24 months, my wife and I got all fields on the new tracker marked as *Completed* except for the *citizenship ceremony* and the old tracker shoes *decision Made*. But my daughter's file still showing in process in the old tracker. The new tracker has only the *Prohibition* marked as *Completed*. My daughter is 10 years old.
Is it normal for my daughter's file to still be in process with only prohibition *Completed *?

@Dreamlad any idea?

Regards
Since you daughter is a minor and has to take oath with you, I would not worry too much. Also, some of those things like language and test are not relevant for her.

For my children no part of the status fields changed except "ceremony" part at the last step.

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Since you daughter is a minor and has to take oath with you, I would not worry too much. Also, some of those things like language and test are not relevant for her.

For my children no part of the status fields changed except "ceremony" part at the last step.
Thank you @MrChazz for replying. Hope they speed-up for the next step.
Regards