+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Have you made RCMP officer or any law enforcement agent upset from you? Like they wanted to take a right from you or step on one of your rights as a human and you said "No"? Most probably that is the reason your BG was not labeled "Completed" You should expect excessive delays in your application. You should be careful.
I've no idea what you're referring to but I have ZERO to hide....it's a process and along the way obstacles are inevitable so I'll do what I need to do and wait patiently.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hello guys,

I am a June 2021 applicant. I got my AOR on Sept 15th, and my application has been in process on ECAS since Oct 18th. I haven't received a fingerprints request yet. I am just wondering how long the Mississauga office typically spends on the background check. Also, how long does it take to receive the test invite after the background check is done? I am also not sure what factors affect your background check. So, I would appreciate it if someone could fill me in.

Thanks!

Dec2014NY

Dec 2, 2014
Hi.. I am on the same boat. Statuses (except oath) changed to complete on Oct 7 2021...but no update to DM or Oath. In your old ECAS, do you have any line in addition to the below three lines (e.g one additional line for Citizenship etc).
  • We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2018
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019
  • We started processing your application on January 21, 2019
No additional line/statements in the old ECAS system

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Another case here.
Septembre 2019
Just till 2021 on October I got the test invite which I passed October 12 then 1 week later, they requested passport scanned which I sent yesterday and to my surprise I'm still at MISSISSAUGA office even though I requested 1 year ago my file to be transferred to Vancouver.

I got an email of received from MISSISSAUGA the day after I sent passport.

WHY they never transferred my case NO CLUE.

Address is Updated.

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
I reached out to MP, last week got the reply which is same as IRCC web portal, Decision Made and Oath not Started

So I emailed the CIC Mississauga, yesterday and got the below reply today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your application is in the queue to be scheduled for a ceremony. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

Since the beginning of COVID-19, IRCC has been increasing its use of digital tools to process Citizenship grant applications. E-applications were implemented in November 2020 in a limited capacity, and other virtual tools have been implemented to move towards virtual processing to the extent possible.

Applications are processed utilizing a first-in first-out processing model, with a small number of the oldest e-applications being processed as well. This ensures that the oldest of paper applications are processed while also allowing the move towards online services. Service delivery and processing times may vary depending on the complexity of each individual case.

The pandemic has had a considerable impact on overall processing times and they may vary from location to location depending on local inventories. IRCC is closely monitoring processing times and is working towards decreasing them as quickly as possible

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I reached out to MP, last week got the reply which is same as IRCC web portal, Decision Made and Oath not Started

So I emailed the CIC Mississauga, yesterday and got the below reply today.

Your application is in the queue to be scheduled for a ceremony. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

Since the beginning of COVID-19, IRCC has been increasing its use of digital tools to process Citizenship grant applications. E-applications were implemented in November 2020 in a limited capacity, and other virtual tools have been implemented to move towards virtual processing to the extent possible.

Applications are processed utilizing a first-in first-out processing model, with a small number of the oldest e-applications being processed as well. This ensures that the oldest of paper applications are processed while also allowing the move towards online services. Service delivery and processing times may vary depending on the complexity of each individual case.

The pandemic has had a considerable impact on overall processing times and they may vary from location to location depending on local inventories. IRCC is closely monitoring processing times and is working towards decreasing them as quickly as possible

Hi,
I sent them email as well and got the below reply two months back:
"Your application is in the queue to be scheduled for a ceremony. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email."
I don't know how their queue system is working as I know few August 2020 paper applicants, who got their "Decision Made" after me and now Canadian citizens.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hi,

My background check as well as my daugther's (an adult) got marked as completed today. However, it's still in progress for my son (a minor). Is this normal? Also, when should I expect an exam request?

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Hi,

My background check as well as my daugther's (an adult) got marked as completed today. However, it's still in progress for my son (a minor). Is this normal? Also, when should I expect an exam request?
The minor's application is attached to one of the parent. So it will be updated after completion of the oath of the parent.

The oath for minor and parent happens at the same time.

rodrash007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
I'm in a similar boat where my spouse has decision made since 2 months but mine and my minor's application is still in process so not sure if they are working on these separately. I have also applied for a PR extension in case of emergency travel so not sure if that is delaying my application

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Thank you very much! :)
I was just checking the tracker every day... And it got updated yesterday. I did not receive the actual email yet. hopefully soon.

TIMELINE:

Oct 30, 2019 - Application mailed
Jan 22, 2020 - AOR
Mar 1, 2021 - Passed Test
Jul 15, 2021 - All activity statuses were updated
Oct 18, 2021 - Citizenship oath updated
Waiting for the email instructions.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE!

CONGRATULATIONS

I'M on the September pile