+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

LIZA1

May 5, 2021
my application sent in Sep 2019. Started processing since Jan 2020. Until now, no interview, no update. Called CIC couple times, they said "yours is routine application, we are trying to clear back log so just be patient". My friend applied after me around 3 months, also got requested RCMP like me, Mississauga as well and he already received test invite 1 week ago. I do not understand how Mississauga process applications. Why his has process front of me? Almost 2 years and nothing change at all. I am so pissed. anyone has any tricks?
How did you reach them? i have been calling every day and it says "due to high volume of callers we are unable to transfer you to the agent at this time" . thank you

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
How did you reach them? i have been calling every day and it says "due to high volume of callers we are unable to transfer you to the agent at this time" . thank you

Yes, thats another frustrating part. But there is no other way around, keep trying and eventually you should be able too.
There have been times when I had to make more than twenty attempts to be able to finally reach a person on that helpline.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Are there any Mississauga applicants who received their Oath Invites in the past few days?
I have not seen any, ever since the new tracking tool has been launched.

Wondering, if Mississauga office is even working on any citizenship applications of late :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Are there any Mississauga applicants who received their Oath Invites in the past few days?
I have not seen any, ever since the new tracking tool has been launched.

Wondering, if Mississauga office is even working on any citizenship applications of late :rolleyes::rolleyes:
There’s one member I believe is Paul MSD, maybe few others. But they all passed their exam and DM in mid Feb.

I’m very frustrated too. Mississauga is slow and oath comes 3 months after DM at least. My wife’s case has been DM since Mar 17 this year, still waiting for oath.

I think Mississauga forum members are all tired and don’t even pay attention to this thread anymore , they just post on the file submission date thread.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
There’s one member I believe is Paul MSD, maybe few others. But they all passed their exam and DM in mid Feb.

I’m very frustrated too. Mississauga is slow and oath comes 3 months after DM at least. My wife’s case has been DM since Mar 17 this year, still waiting for oath.

I think Mississauga forum members are all tired and don’t even pay attention to this thread anymore , they just post on the file submission date thread.

Agreed, this delay and unpredictability is so frustrating.

I just saw another Mississauga applicant who seems to be seeing Oath scheduled for June 07 in new tracker tool.
I saw that update in April 2019 thread made by a user (bpjeee) for his wife, and apparently in this case Test date is March 24th - and thats what makes it so unpredictable. I know people who wrote the test in Feb (and are still waiting to see an update on thier case since).

Happy for everyone whose cases are moving along - and I just pray mine moves too :)

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Agreed, this delay and unpredictability is so frustrating.

I just saw another Mississauga applicant who seems to be seeing Oath scheduled for June 07 in new tracker tool.
I saw that update in April 2019 thread made by a user (bpjeee) for his wife, and apparently in this case Test date is March 24th - and thats what makes it so unpredictable. I know people who wrote the test in Feb (and are still waiting to see an update on thier case since).

Happy for everyone whose cases are moving along - and I just pray mine moves too :)
If she did the test in March this year and got oath now, then she’s most likely not a Mississauga applicant . I have yet to see any Mississauga applicant from 2019 got oath in less than 2 months after DM/interview. Typically only Scarborough office works that fast.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
If she did the test in March this year and got oath now, then she’s most likely not a Mississauga applicant . I have yet to see any Mississauga applicant from 2019 got oath in less than 2 months after DM/interview. Typically only Scarborough office works that fast.
I wouldn't know for sure.
This is what I inferred looking at messages posted by bpjeee and whats showing in the tracker (that record is marked as Brampton which most likely means Mississauga office).

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Yes, thats another frustrating part. But there is no other way around, keep trying and eventually you should be able too.
There have been times when I had to make more than twenty attempts to be able to finally reach a person on that helpline.
you just have to keep calling them. The first 2 time they hang me up as well, just repeat and call them. be patient

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Does Mississauga office host oath ceremonies on weekdays now ? Or they are still only host in the weekends ?
Any late early Mar 2021 DM guys received their oath ? It looks like late Feb 2021 DM have been invited to oath by now.

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Does anyone have any idea which applications are being processed by Mississauga office now a days ? I havn't heard about any oaths from this office since atleast 3 months. Does anyone have any idea ?

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Does anyone have any idea which applications are being processed by Mississauga office now a days ? I havn't heard about any oaths from this office since atleast 3 months. Does anyone have any idea ?
Are you in DM status? Just waiting for oath ? There were 4 members who got oath from Mississauga already this month , they all mid-end Feb DM this year, all single applicants. in all their cases it took 2.5 months after DM to get the oath letter, and the oath day is little beyond 3 months mark. If you get DM on Feb 26 then your oath day is probably early June.

Last edited:

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Are you in DM status? Just waiting for oath ? There were 4 members who got oath from Mississauga already this month , they all mid-end Feb DM this year, all single applicants. in all their cases it took 2.5 months after DM to get the oath letter, and the oath day is little beyond 3 months mark. If you get DM on Feb 26 then your oath day is probably early June.
No DM. Its still In progress since last over 3 months with background and test completed and all others in progress with oath not initiated.

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
No DM. Its still In progress since last over 3 months with background and test completed and all others in progress with oath not initiated.
They can’t initiate oath until everything else is complete and background not expired, aka DM status. Based on my research for Mississauga it takes 2.5-3 months AFTER DM to get an oath letter in the tracker /email. Right now they have probably processed to Feb 24 this year. If you are DM on or after Feb 24, 2021 you just count at least 2.5 months for the oath email. If you are applying as family then it maybe more complicated , like if your spouse isn’t DM but you are , that could prolong oath invite too. I know , this is frustrating ! Hang on there.

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
They can’t initiate oath until everything else is complete and background not expired, aka DM status. Based on my research for Mississauga it takes 2.5-3 months AFTER DM to get an oath letter in the tracker /email. Right now they have probably processed to Feb 24 this year. If you are DM on or after Feb 24, 2021 you just count at least 2.5 months for the oath email. If you are applying as family then it maybe more complicated , like if your spouse isn’t DM but you are , that could prolong oath invite too. I know , this is frustrating ! Hang on there.
I am not DM so far and its already 3 months after test. Does it mean I have to wait another 3 months after DM which has not happened yet ? So it becomes 6 to 7 months after test ??? Are you saying this ?