+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
My oath ceremony was scheduled for March 21. Just received an email from IRCC saying that all events are cancelled until further notice, effective March 14. Thank you coronavirus!

tguan001

Mar 16, 2020
I just received an email from CIC and indicates my scheduled test has been cancelled.

But, the truth is, I have never received an email related to test invitation before. Is that just an email sent to every applicant no matter they have been invited for a test or not?

Any same situation here?

zafhil

Apr 1, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I have a question regarding my application

Immigration received my application | January 16th 2019
Started Processing | April 10th 2019
I applied in Mississauga | Family of 4 members

Anyone on the same boat?

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello Everyone,
I have a question regarding my application

Immigration received my application | January 16th 2019
Started Processing | April 10th 2019
I applied in Mississauga | Family of 4 members

Anyone on the same boat?
Lots of people are in the same boat as you! Patience is your best friend right now!

tatiana1994

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hello ,
I am planing to apply to citizenship in May 1st
I requested my canadian border report just to be sure of my date.
I've just got the record. On the record they said that information were partially disclosed. on the CBSA letter it is said : Summary of expetion, eclusion:
19 (1)obtained in confidence with foreign state,
21 International affair and defence of Canada and its alies ,
22 (1) b investigative techniques or plan for specific lawfull investigations,
25 Safety of individuel
I am in shock and I don't understand . Are they saying that they collected information on me because they were planning a specific lawfull investigation? I mean I have never done something wrong. I have a clean criminal record .
Did somebody already request his border record. Did you found odd thing on the letter ?
Can somebody advise me , because I am really in shockes

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello ,
I am planing to apply to citizenship in May 1st
I requested my canadian border report just to be sure of my date.
I've just got the record. On the record they said that information were partially disclosed. on the CBSA letter it is said : Summary of expetion, eclusion:
19 (1)obtained in confidence with foreign state,
21 International affair and defence of Canada and its alies ,
22 (1) b investigative techniques or plan for specific lawfull investigations,
25 Safety of individuel
I am in shock and I don't understand . Are they saying that they collected information on me because they were planning a specific lawfull investigation? I mean I have never done something wrong. I have a clean criminal record .
Did somebody already request his border record. Did you found odd thing on the letter ?
Can somebody advise me , because I am really in shockes
This is very common in these reports. If you have ever read GCMS notes for your PR application, the notes under 'Security' section would be redacted and they would have quoted reasons as to why they have redacted that information.

When they obtain any information from a foreign government or the like, that information will be redacted.

IMO, there is nothing to be too worried about here.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi All,
Hope everyone is keeping up safe and healthy.

Anyone has any idea in relation to below question?

Does Citizenship processing time varies province by province ? eg. a person living and applying from Toronto will have a longer wait time than a person living and applying from New Brunswick / Manitoba.

Thanks!

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi All,

Does Citizenship processing time varies province by province ? eg. a person living and applying from Toronto will have a longer wait time than a person living and applying from New Brunswick / Manitoba.

Thanks!
Yes it is. It's pretty much depends on how busy of that provice/office dealing with your case. I mean like same in Ontario but people in further city process much faster than office in Mississauga or Scarbourough. Province from QC, BC or PEI whatsoever also process alot faster than Ontario

ZeehanButt

Feb 28, 2015
Hi,

My application was in Mississauga office but when i contacted them couple of days back they replied my file is in scarborough office.

Application sent : 24th june 2019
AOR : 16th aug 2019
In process : 5th Oct 2019
Test ?
I asked them its been a year but i didn't get invite for test they replied its in scarborough . They will contact you for next step

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi,

My application was in Mississauga office but when i contacted them couple of days back they replied my file is in scarborough office.

Application sent : 24th june 2019
AOR : 16th aug 2019
In process : 5th Oct 2019
Test ?
I asked them its been a year but i didn't get invite for test they replied its in scarborough . They will contact you for next step
Man stay patient, i am may 2019 applicant i had a test invite on 21 march but recieved a letter on 14 march everyting is cancelled. just wait your cases are delayed for 4-6 months.

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks!
Yes it varies, considering a smaller urban area to a larger city and the number of applicants, Ontario is the worse in terms or processing time.