+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

heididao

Mar 1, 2020
Our status just changed to DM to day!
Now just need to wait for the oath invitations.

Anyone got the test on Feb 29? The officer who interviewed us was not friendly at all and asked a lot of questions. In the end he said we passed the test but he would do some background check and that email would be sent to us for the next step.
Feeling frustrated a bit...
Here’s our timeline: ( Family of 3 - 2 adults, 1 minor)
Application received April 15,2019
AOR July 4
Application in process August 15
Test invitations sent on Feb 11, 2020
Test date Feb 29
Now holding my breath and wait!

Reactions: softwaretesting

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
a week ago i received their email inviting me for test in Scarborough office, i applied at Mississauga office. i swear if the questions are all dates i will not pass lol.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
a week ago i received their email inviting me for test in Scarborough office, i applied at Mississauga office. i swear if the questions are all dates i will not pass lol.
Dont worry. You will be fine. Stay calm and dont rush to complete the test.
All the best!

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Awesome! do you know if the questions are mostly asking about when did? or where is and what is?
I know but I am not supposed to share.

Before the test begins, the instructors explicitly mention this to the entire audience as to not share about the questions/their nature as it is deemed incorrect and unlawful.

You will have multiple options for selecting the answers. Just skip the questions that you have doubt to revisit after completing the rest and spend time eliminating the wrong options to arrive at the correct answer.

Check the post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/practice-tests-for-citizenship-test.680792/
It has links to practice tests that you can try and get comfortable with topics for the test.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Hey Guys,

I took the test on March 7, 2020 at mississauga location. My status was updated to "Decision Made" next day.

As per the citizenship officer, I can expect oath letter in March/April time frame.

Do we have timelines what are the timings b/w "Decision Made" to "Oath Letter"?

My Timeline:
App Sent: Jul 22, 2019
AOR: Oct 11, 2019
In Progress: Nov 06, 2019
Test Invite: Feb 17, 2020
Test Day: Mar 07, 2020
Decision Made: Mar 8, 2020
Oath Letter: Waiting
Oath Ceremony: Waiting

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hey Guys,

I took the test on March 7, 2020 at mississauga location. My status was updated to "Decision Made" next day.

As per the citizenship officer, I can expect oath letter in March/April time frame.

My Timeline:
Congrats for the DM!
Timelines b/w "Decision Made" to "Oath Letter" is all over the places, from same day to many months in waiting.
Since we are in the end stages of the citizenship process, I believe the invite will come when it has to as its "processing" might have just started :)
Cheers!

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hey Guys,

My Timeline:
How was the exam?

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
How was the exam?
Exam was excellent, My wife and I both scored 19/20.

I studied the "discover canada" book once.

I also did all 100 questions from this website - citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz, but only 2-3 questions appeared from this site, so don't rely heavily on online quiz material.

When you first study the book, it will feel like a burden. I recommend just skimming through it and then doing the flashcards - citizenshipcounts.ca/flashcards. It will make it easy to remember stuff.

Masih_001

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Exam was excellent, My wife and I both scored 19/20.

I studied the "discover canada" book once.

I also did all 100 questions from this website - citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz, but only 2-3 questions appeared from this site, so don't rely heavily on online quiz material.

When you first study the book, it will feel like a burden. I recommend just skimming through it and then doing the flashcards - citizenshipcounts.ca/flashcards. It will make it easy to remember stuff.
great! congrats

vitorfragoso

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
Doc's Request.
08-11-2016
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
21-09-2016
Med's Done....
08-10-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
13-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
My wife and I took the test on March, 4th in Mississauga office and we are still waiting for the "Decision Made" status.
We both passed on the test and presented all the documents during the interview, including flight tickets for all the trips outside Canada.

I was expecting to see the "Decision Made" status earlier/the day after as our documents were 100% but anyways... o_O

heididao

Mar 1, 2020
My wife and I took the test on March, 4th in Mississauga office and we are still waiting for the "Decision Made" status.
We both passed on the test and presented all the documents during the interview, including flight tickets for all the trips outside Canada.

I was expecting to see the "Decision Made" status earlier/the day after as our documents were 100% but anyways... o_O
Don’t worry, not every case is the same. Our test was on Feb 29, but the status just changed on March 6 and we received the oath invitations right after that on March 9.
Now we just wait for the ceremony to come!
Your case might have same timeline as our :)

Last edited:

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Hi Guys I passed the test in mississauga office It was piece of cake for me lol 20/20 :D do practise online and read book atleast once.. Actual story started from interview officer was nice polite but strict she check each and every thing was asking me so many questions regarding my job, marriage kids, even she asked you own or rent and in the end on eligibility dates she said you landed here in 2016 and your UAE employment visa was valid till 2017 I know this is cancelled with stamp but no date this is i don't like i want date of cancellation. I said after the PR i never went to UAE back nor for work or visit she said this is you know not me maybe you use EGATE without exit entry stamps. I said you can see my taxes which I filled in 2017 and I was working for a company in Canada then she said ok I will pull your travel history from CBSA then we will made decision whether you will invite for oath or further documents proof required and ask for signature.

Like no clue why they want to extend the process..

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Hi Guys I passed the test in mississauga office It was piece of cake for me lol 20/20 :D do practise online and read book atleast once.. Actual story started from interview officer was nice polite but strict she check each and every thing was asking me so many questions regarding my job, marriage kids, even she asked you own or rent and in the end on eligibility dates she said you landed here in 2016 and your UAE employment visa was valid till 2017 I know this is cancelled with stamp but no date this is i don't like i want date of cancellation. I said after the PR i never went to UAE back nor for work or visit she said this is you know not me maybe you use EGATE without exit entry stamps. I said you can see my taxes which I filled in 2017 and I was working for a company in Canada then she said ok I will pull your travel history from CBSA then we will made decision whether you will invite for oath or further documents proof required and ask for signature.

Like no clue why they want to extend the process..
Good job on test.

I was interviewed in a very similar fashion. Deep down in my history. Why I travel 50 times a year down to US? Which port of entry do I mostly use? Have I ever been convicted of any felony? Average time spent in USA during trips? Are you sole owner of your corporation? Have you filed corporate taxes? When is your fiscal year ends?

I have to say, you have to confident in your answers. If they get even a slight doubt that you are lying or bluffing, could lead to further investigation. Knowing that they are going to question my work profile and travel history, I had prepared all of this in my google calendar (travel dates, POE, US City, Reason, work or personal) and printed it out, just in case they ask. Once the officer knew I was fully prepared, she didn't ask me any further questions, and said your Citizenship Application is approved, sign at the end of the application form and will get oath invitation letter in March/April time frame.

Last edited: