+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing Saudi Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)

harizme

Dec 3, 2017
Dear Members,

I stayed in Saudi Arabia for a period of 2 years, but forgot to obtain PCC before leaving KSA in April 2018.
I submitted Express Entry application in Sept 2018 without Saudi PCC, even though system asked for uploading it. I attached a Letter of Explanation instead of Saudi PCC.
It has been 4 months since I submitted my profile.
When I obtained GCMS notes, it is mentioned that "Review Required" against Saudi PCC.

Anybody were in similar situation before ?
Anybody who didn't submit Saudi PCC (even though stayed for more than 60 days in KSA), got PPR ??

Appreciate your comments

Thanks

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I stayed in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months and I didn't upload my Saudi PCC. This was because CIC clearly said on their website that if you are currently non-resident of Saudi Arabia, you don't need a PCC from there. I got the PR also and there was no review required condition against my Saudi PCC.

Reactions: Heaven123

harizme

Dec 3, 2017
I stayed in Saudi Arabia for more than 6 months and I didn't upload my Saudi PCC. This was because CIC clearly said on their website that if you are currently non-resident of Saudi Arabia, you don't need a PCC from there. I got the PR also and there was no review required condition against my Saudi PCC.
Thank you Mr. Syed,
My application is FSW-Outland and also not PNP. Btw, what did you upload in the placeholder for Saudi PCC??

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Mr. Syed,
My application is FSW-Outland and also not PNP. Btw, what did you upload in the placeholder for Saudi PCC??
I only uploaded an explanation using the content from their regulation regarding Saudi's PCC

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Dear Members,

I stayed in Saudi Arabia for a period of 2 years, but forgot to obtain PCC before leaving KSA in April 2018.
I submitted Express Entry application in Sept 2018 without Saudi PCC, even though system asked for uploading it. I attached a Letter of Explanation instead of Saudi PCC.
It has been 4 months since I submitted my profile.
When I obtained GCMS notes, it is mentioned that "Review Required" against Saudi PCC.

Anybody were in similar situation before ?
Anybody who didn't submit Saudi PCC (even though stayed for more than 60 days in KSA), got PPR ??

Appreciate your comments

Thanks
You can upload a letter of explanation.This is from CIC website for your reference: If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
Hey Guys,

I need some help. Would appreciate your input. I am an inland candidate and have been waiting for 8 months now.

I called the call center and asked them why it was taking upwards of 8 months. They told me that they had finalized everything back in November and are waiting for Saudi to give them a background clearance for me. I was born there but didn't live there much. After 18 I just visited my dad there for a couple of months at a time and never spent more that 6 months in a row. I am not sure why the need clearance from there but this is where my case is stuck. The agent tried getting a response multiple times but no reply. What should I do? My dad lives in Saudi, is there somewhere he can go to request faster processing?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Best of luck to all of those still waiting.

harizme

Dec 3, 2017
Hi..
U were born in Saudi n lived there for some time means u had an iquama. Should have obtained saudi PCC on your final exit... (I also didn't do for my family). .:)... What did u upload in the place holder for Saudi PCC? If u mentioned the details in an LoE, then its Ok. Only thing u can do is wait... :(...
Since finger prints are needed for PCC, your father also cannot request PCC..

Wait n pray..
Good luck

jana23

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
My husband who is living in Sri Lanka was requested to provide Saudi Arabia police certificate today. He was a worker in Saudi Arabia 2009-2010. He is now back in Sri Lanka. From what I’m read online, Saudi Arabian police certificates are only given if you currently live there. It says that if you are requested for a police certificate, then we must write “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have Current legal residence status.” My question is do we just simply write this to IRCC or do we still have to apply for police clearance in Saudi Arabia and receive a letter from them that they can’t provide a police certificate for him? Please help

Last edited:

harizme

Dec 3, 2017
Hi...
U need to do the following :-
1.Prepare a letter, (similar to LoE) mentioning his period of stay in Saudi and supporting documents like Final exit visa, Stamp on PP etc (if available). In this letter, add screen shot from the IRCC website as well... Upload this document in the placeholder for Saudi PCC.
2. Mention in the LoE (Client Information) that since u r out of KSA and u don't have legal res status... etc,(use same words in IRCC website ), u are attaching an explanation letter in place of Saudi PCC..

This worked for me and I got PR
Hope it helps
Thanks

jana23

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hi...
U need to do the following :-
1.Prepare a letter, (similar to LoE) mentioning his period of stay in Saudi and supporting documents like Final exit visa, Stamp on PP etc (if available). In this letter, add screen shot from the IRCC website as well... Upload this document in the placeholder for Saudi PCC.
2. Mention in the LoE (Client Information) that since u r out of KSA and u don't have legal res status... etc,(use same words in IRCC website ), u are attaching an explanation letter in place of Saudi PCC..

This worked for me and I got PR
Hope it helps
Thanks
Alright but actually I was asked to send the documents to a physical address at the embassy and not via online. Im not sure if I understood it right. It said “Please include our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.” There is a physical address, the vo website and vo email. Do you maybe think that they meant any of the three ways?

So In that case, I would just type out a letter with what’s written on the IRCC website, attach copies of Final exit visa, Stamp on PP and send it by mail. Is that correct?

Last edited:

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Guys, anyone here (who lived in KSA in past and has exited to another country now) who got requested for a Saudi PCC later on after submitting LOE during APR?

harizme

Dec 3, 2017
Guys, anyone here (who lived in KSA in past and has exited to another country now) who got requested for a Saudi PCC later on after submitting LOE during APR?

Normally it should not have happened.. maybe your LOE is not clear enough or visa officer didn't understand it properly. If u received ADR, please elaborate on your inability to obtain Saudi PCC from outside Saudi. Give supporting documentation like Final exit visa copy, Saudi exit stamp on passport, CIC website instruction screenshot etc...and detailed explanation including dates and period of stay..... scan every thing and upload...
Good luck

Reactions: ibtee

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Normally it should not have happened.. maybe your LOE is not clear enough or visa officer didn't understand it properly. If u received ADR, please elaborate on your inability to obtain Saudi PCC from outside Saudi. Give supporting documentation like Final exit visa copy, Saudi exit stamp on passport, CIC website instruction screenshot etc...and detailed explanation including dates and period of stay..... scan every thing and upload...
Good luck
Thanks, I was asking for information for future usage only.

Aliiqbal

Jul 11, 2019
Guys. Iam looking for spause visa to canada..
I was in saudi before but i didnt take pcc before exist... so anyone know what are the required documents for canada spause visa?

Jobyge

Aug 2, 2019
Good luck
Did you submit the Saudi Pcc?