+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing IRCC Appoitment to Pick Up Renewed PR Card

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovecanada1973 said:
Thanks,ftlae, for caring and asking. Unfortunately, nothing has happened on my side. I have not received anything notice from IRCC office for my second appointment and I did not go to the office either.

On the first appointment notice, it was mentioned that the unclaimed PR card would be destroyed 180 days after the first notice. Now, I have informed IRCC through webform and FedEx letter and am actually waiting for the response for another appointment. I am not sure whether the clock is still ticking under this kind of circumstance (I would think you are more or less in the same situation). Assuming it still is, two months have passed since August when the notice was emailed to me.

I am planning to wait for a couple of more weeks and will then go to the local office if I still hear nothing. Meanwhile, hope you have made progress in PRTD application and will get back to Canada soon (already got back).
No appointment needed you should go to CIC office they will manage you. Regards

Lillymusic

Oct 28, 2016
Hi ilovecanada1973,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I have exactly the same issue here and it was comforting, though the situation is massively annoying, to know that someone else was going through the same.

My time line was very similar to yours - I received my first letter in mid Aug and the appointment to pick up my PR card was scheduled in the end of Aug. I am studying abroad at the moment, and it was such a short notice for me to drop everything and fly back to Canada (e.g., applying for a Travel Document etc), thus I missed my first appointment. I have contacted the IRCC through their web form twice to let them know that 1) I wouldn't be able to make it to the appointment; and 2) how I could reschedule my appointment. I haven't heard anything from them since Aug other than having received the acknowledgement email of my questions.

I understand that all what we can do is just to wait, but it is quite unsettling not knowing when the appointment will be and whether the next appointment will be scheduled within 180 days as they state. I have my Travel Document now so traveling back to Canada won't be a problem other than a obvious cost of flight.

Anyway, I hope you hear from the IRCC shortly and that everything goes back to normal as it should be. Please keep me posted. Thank you again.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Lillymusic said:
Hi ilovecanada1973,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I have exactly the same issue here and it was comforting, though the situation is massively annoying, to know that someone else was going through the same.

My time line was very similar to yours - I received my first letter in mid Aug and the appointment to pick up my PR card was scheduled in the end of Aug. I am studying abroad at the moment, and it was such a short notice for me to drop everything and fly back to Canada (e.g., applying for a Travel Document etc), thus I missed my first appointment. I have contacted the IRCC through their web form twice to let them know that 1) I wouldn't be able to make it to the appointment; and 2) how I could reschedule my appointment. I haven't heard anything from them since Aug other than having received the acknowledgement email of my questions.

I understand that all what we can do is just to wait, but it is quite unsettling not knowing when the appointment will be and whether the next appointment will be scheduled within 180 days as they state. I have my Travel Document now so traveling back to Canada won't be a problem other than a obvious cost of flight.

Anyway, I hope you hear from the IRCC shortly and that everything goes back to normal as it should be. Please keep me posted. Thank you again.
I suppose someone got the letter on your behalf at the Canadian address, correct? If yes, there should be the address of the local office mentioned where you need to pickup the PR card, did you mail a letter to that local office regarding rescheduling? If not, you should do it.

Lillymusic

Oct 28, 2016
Dear thecoolguysam,

Thank you very much for taking your time to respond to me. So kind of you. I appreciate it! I have contacted them only through their web form and have not sent a letter directly to the local office. I will do that immediately. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Sep 17, 2016
ar_fabrics said:
No appointment needed you should go to CIC office they will manage you. Regards
Thanks, ar_fabrics, for the suggestion.

I did go to the local IRCC office this Tuesday. Unfortunately, the guard did not let me in. He told me that I had to wait for the new appointment letter and the time line for a re-schedule was unsure. Maybe each local IRCC office has different rule as to whether walk-in pick-up is allowed. The one I went to is in Surrey, BC, which I imagine the immigration population is huge.

I am not very upset as no-being-able-to-get-in is somewhat expected as it said in the first appointment letter. I think I will call IRCC next week and see if I can get some new information, and then maybe send another request through webform and/or mail in addition to wait.

Thanks again and will continue to share my experience here.

Lillymusic

Oct 28, 2016
Just an update here. I finally received my second letter after 8 months of waiting. My appointment is set at the end of this month. Hope everyone has received or will be receiving a letter soon.

alideri

Feb 19, 2019
Just an update here. I finally received my second letter after 8 months of waiting. My appointment is set at the end of this month. Hope everyone has received or will be receiving a letter soon.
Lillymusic, since you had your appointment 8 months later, did your card have an expiry date that reflected these 8 months of delay? Or was the expiry date 5 years after the first date of issuance? My application took 7 months to be processed. I got the notification to pick up the card but my travel document was not processed in time and I'll miss my appointment this week. I'm nervous to think it might take another 8 months to be able to pick it up.

alideri

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks, ar_fabrics, for the suggestion.

I did go to the local IRCC office this Tuesday. Unfortunately, the guard did not let me in. He told me that I had to wait for the new appointment letter and the time line for a re-schedule was unsure. Maybe each local IRCC office has different rule as to whether walk-in pick-up is allowed. The one I went to is in Surrey, BC, which I imagine the immigration population is huge.

I am not very upset as no-being-able-to-get-in is somewhat expected as it said in the first appointment letter. I think I will call IRCC next week and see if I can get some new information, and then maybe send another request through webform and/or mail in addition to wait.

Thanks again and will continue to share my experience here.
ilovecanada1973, how long did it take for you to get the second appointment? Anyone who had a similar experience more recently?

alideri

Feb 19, 2019
I was called for the first appointment in January, 2019. I was out of the country and my card had expired. I applied immediately for a permanent resident travel authorization but the visa just got ready a few days after the appointment date. I let the office know I was not going to be able to attend the appointment and tried to reschedule, but was told that there was no way to reschedule and that I should wait for the second and final appointment. I travelled to Canada in the meanwhile and called to try to get an appointment and was told the same thing: I had to wait for an invitation. I got the email with the final appointment date (July 29) with less than three weeks in advance but was able to make it this time and collect my card (dnd my card was dated December 2018, so it took them almost 2 months to invite me to collect it after they had a decision). They did not allow anyone in the office that did not have an appointment on that day, so I believe the only solution is to wait if you miss your appointment.

Reactions: Kshitijindus

Kshitijindus

Nov 23, 2017
Hey thanks! Which office did you go to? I tried calling IRCC but I never get to speak to an agent...only hear recorded messages :(

I was called for the first appointment in January, 2019. I was out of the country and my card had expired. I applied immediately for a permanent resident travel authorization but the visa just got ready a few days after the appointment date. I let the office know I was not going to be able to attend the appointment and tried to reschedule, but was told that there was no way to reschedule and that I should wait for the second and final appointment. I travelled to Canada in the meanwhile and called to try to get an appointment and was told the same thing: I had to wait for an invitation. I got the email with the final appointment date (July 29) with less than three weeks in advance but was able to make it this time and collect my card (dnd my card was dated December 2018, so it took them almost 2 months to invite me to collect it after they had a decision). They did not allow anyone in the office that did not have an appointment on that day, so I believe the only solution is to wait if you miss your appointment.