+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing fingerprints deadline in Citizenship application

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
I just found out that I received a fingerprint request back in early March asking for fingerprints to be submitted in 90 days.

As it is mid-June already, a bit past the 90-day period, should IRCC treat this application as abandoned already? Or should I still make the effort to provide fingerprints?

Anyone previously had experience with missing document request deadlines before?

Thanks!

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
It's not an automatic abandon, but you should contact them ASAP to let them know the situation. They may ask you to get it done and send them the proof that it's in-flight.

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
It's not an automatic abandon, but you should contact them ASAP to let them know the situation. They may ask you to get it done and send them the proof that it's in-flight.
Thanks for the response. That means even an in-flight with a start date that's past the deadline might work?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
I just found out that I received a fingerprint request back in early March asking for fingerprints to be submitted in 90 days.

As it is mid-June already, a bit past the 90-day period, should IRCC treat this application as abandoned already? Or should I still make the effort to provide fingerprints?

Anyone previously had experience with missing document request deadlines before?

Thanks!

As part of its covid response policy, IRCC has routinely been granting extensions to the 90-day request. But you will most likely have to explain why you have not responded within 90 days, especially given that the request probably came in both hardcopy (via post) and email.

I suggest that you start at this page: General processing measures: COVID-19 program delivery - Canada.ca

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
As part of its covid response policy, IRCC has routinely been granting extensions to the 90-day request. But you will most likely have to explain why you have not responded within 90 days, especially given that the request probably came in both hardcopy (via post) and email.

I suggest that you start at this page: General processing measures: COVID-19 program delivery - Canada.ca
The request only came in via email though, not via paper. Still thanks for your response, and I agree IRCC may be lenient around the COVID period.

MM17

Sep 24, 2021
Hey, does anyone know if one can reapply if their citizenship application was abandoned?
Thanks in advance

kvn20

Nov 17, 2017

Thanks!
Hi,

may i know what had happened to your application? I am in a similar situation.
Thanks in advance