+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing Country Specific Requirement

joq

Jul 31, 2020
Hi, I am a Colombian citizen currently applying for permanent residence in Canada through spousal sponsorship (inland).

I see in that one of the documents asked of me in the "country specific requirements" is the "libreta militar" - a Colombian Military Card. I myself don't have one as that isn't as common as it used to be (no one I went to high school with that I've asked has one either). I've even studied abroad for three years without anyone ever asking for it. I am also considered exempt from military service as I am an only child on my mother's side.

I am currently in Canada so I have no idea how I can get this card, especially with how everything is at the moment. I tried applying online for one in February but there has been no update since then.

I know it's a very specific situation but I was wondering if anyone here might be able to shed some light on what my options are. If there's any Colombians who have gone through this or anyone who submitted their application without one of the country specific requirements. If there's any additional documents I can provide in lieu of it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I would just write an explanation of why you don't have one.

Perhaps you can ask your embassy or similar to write something as to why you wouldn't have one (though this may cost) or something from an official website about this card - all translated, of course?

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hi, I am a Colombian citizen currently applying for permanent residence in Canada through spousal sponsorship (inland).

I see in that one of the documents asked of me in the "country specific requirements" is the "libreta militar" - a Colombian Military Card. I myself don't have one as that isn't as common as it used to be (no one I went to high school with that I've asked has one either). I've even studied abroad for three years without anyone ever asking for it. I am also considered exempt from military service as I am an only child on my mother's side.

I am currently in Canada so I have no idea how I can get this card, especially with how everything is at the moment. I tried applying online for one in February but there has been no update since then.

I know it's a very specific situation but I was wondering if anyone here might be able to shed some light on what my options are. If there's any Colombians who have gone through this or anyone who submitted their application without one of the country specific requirements. If there's any additional documents I can provide in lieu of it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hey, a buddy of mine is in the same situation you were. Do you mind giving an update about your sponsorship, and if the libreta militar was required at any point?

cheers