+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing a document , will I still get AOR?

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hello, my husband and I already sent my PR application around 10 days ago, but I am now having a concern.

We had to submit the application without his notice of assesment, instead we submitted his T1. The reason for this is because he waited more than a month for the security code needed from CRA, we never got it and we still haven't got it (I dont know if it's due to Covid or what's going on).

If we kept on waiting my police certificate would have expired, I would have to request another and I'm not sure how long it'd take to get another right now, that and having to spend money on translation again is something we cant afford at this time.

We attached a letter of explanation with his T1 stating all this, but my question is will I still get AOR if we didnt provide this document? And i know we gonna probably have to send it in the future anyway, hopefully we will be able to. I know they are giving a 90 day waiting time , does this mean the application wont move at all till they get the document? And should I wait till they request it or send it before (if we are able to)

Thanks in advance

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello, my husband and I already sent my PR application around 10 days ago, but I am now having a concern.

We had to submit the application without his notice of assesment, instead we submitted his T1. The reason for this is because he waited more than a month for the security code needed from CRA, we never got it and we still haven't got it (I dont know if it's due to Covid or what's going on).

If we kept on waiting my police certificate would have expired, I would have to request another and I'm not sure how long it'd take to get another right now, that and having to spend money on translation again is something we cant afford at this time.

We attached a letter of explanation with his T1 stating all this, but my question is will I still get AOR if we didnt provide this document? And i know we gonna probably have to send it in the future anyway, hopefully we will be able to. I know they are giving a 90 day waiting time , does this mean the application wont move at all till they get the document? And should I wait till they request it or send it before (if we are able to)

Thanks in advance
My boyfriend and I made the same mistake the first time we submitted our application, and it was returned to us (got lost in the mail for over a month, too, so we had to redo everything). As per IRCC's website, their instructions regarding processing new applications during the pandemic are as follow:

Applications found to be incomplete with no explanation provided, or for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus, may be rejected as per section R10, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant. The reason for rejection should be unrelated to the disruption of services.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
You can always try sending the correct document via webform... But I wouldn't be too hopeful, unfortunately.

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Ty for replying , what was your mistake exactly?

We did write a letter explaining that we didnt get the code probably due to covid and in their checklist form they state that if you cant provide NOA you need to give them another document that shows how sponsor can provide for PA which we did... you really think itll still be returned to us? That's something really unfair as it's not in our hands

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020

We did write a letter explaining that we didnt get the code probably due to covid and in their checklist form they state that if you cant provide NOA you need to give them another document that shows how sponsor can provide for PA which we did... you really think itll still be returned to us? That's something really unfair as it's not in our hands
Not necessarily. You were supposed to get a code that may have been delayed due to Covid. If your letter explained this, hopefully they’ll accept the application. Make sure to send the NOA through web form once you get it.

Reactions: Bacrs

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Not necessarily. You were supposed to get a code that may have been delayed due to Covid. If your letter explained this, hopefully they’ll accept the application. Make sure to send the NOA through web form once you get it.
Thank you.. I'll try not to lose my mind

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020

I sent a copy of my T4 as a proof of revenue instead of my CRA Notice of assessment. That's what you meant, right? In my case, it caused them to refuse the application and send it back as ''incomplete''.

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I sent a copy of my T4 as a proof of revenue instead of my CRA Notice of assessment. That's what you meant, right? In my case, it caused them to refuse the application and send it back as ''incomplete''.
We sent T1 adjustment request but along with a letter of explanation which gave me the feeling it was okay till we get our hands on NOA.. I guess I don't get to relax while waiting lol