+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed the "Ready for visa" email.

C@N@D@

Oct 2, 2017
Hi

We missed the "Ready for Visa" mail as we kept checking my Express Entry account for messages or updates. The deadline to send passports passed a month back. Any ideas on how we can salvage the situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Notify the visa office immediately that you missed the email and are sending the passport now. Then send the passport immediately.

Beams

Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

Please I also need advice on this, I missed the ready for visa mail in November 2020, saw it in April 2021. I proceeded to send my passport immediately I saw it, although didn't inform passport office, my passport was returned to me the same way it was sent it. Please what can I do?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

Please I also need advice on this, I missed the ready for visa mail in November 2020, saw it in April 2021. I proceeded to send my passport immediately I saw it, although didn't inform passport office, my passport was returned to me the same way it was sent it. Please what can I do?
What type of application was it? And what is the status? I assume if it’s been this long, it would have been cancelled.

Beams

Sep 14, 2021
Type of application is Permanent residence. My CIC account still shows application in progress.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Type of application is Permanent residence. My CIC account still shows application in progress.
That’s good news at least.

I suggest writing to the processing office explaining why you did not submit your passport on time and ask them for the next steps. It’s possible you may have to redo medicals.

Honestly you should have done this last April before you actually sent your passport out, but perhaps they’re more forgiving now because of the pandemic.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

Neha Thampi

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

Hi Beams,

Were you able to submit the passports?I am in a similar kind of situation.The PPR was sent to my spouse email ID which is not the primary email we used.I have raised a webform explaining the same.

Neha Thampi

Sep 16, 2020
I missed my ready for visa mail and crossed the 30 days period.I raised a webform and updated IRCC. Anyone faced the same and got any reply from IRCC?Please let me know

vikita

Aug 31, 2018
That’s good news at least.

I suggest writing to the processing office explaining why you did not submit your passport on time and ask them for the next steps. It’s possible you may have to redo medicals.

Honestly you should have done this last April before you actually sent your passport out, but perhaps they’re more forgiving now because of the pandemic.
I faced the same issue, missed the ready for visa email by 6 months.
I reached out to ircc email and also submitted webform, explaining the miss (3-4 days back)
I didnt hear back on any of my emails, however I did receive re-medical request in my account just today, is it because they are providing me with the extension or is it just an error?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I reached out to ircc email and also submitted webform, explaining the miss (3-4 days back)
I didnt hear back on any of my emails, however I did receive re-medical request in my account just today, is it because they are providing me with the extension or is it just an error?
I don't know. Is your medical expired?

LitRN94

Dec 20, 2021
Did you hear back?