+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed the AOR email for 7 months... Will my application expire?

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone else encountered the same issue: my application was received by buffalo office on March 2011, and then I was just waiting for the medical exam request until yesterday (I didn't know this forum until yesterday so I didn't know the timeline)... Then I found out that everyone else submitted their application on March 2011 all got their medical exam request last year... Then I became so worried and searched my email box and found the AOR and medical exam request was sent on September 2011. I totally missed the email since I thought I'll only be contacted via regular mail (that's the case for everyone else I know who submitted application 3 months before mine)! I felt so bad right now, not only for the 7 months waiting in vain but also I don't know if my application has been expired since in the email they said I should finish the exam within 60 days...

Does anyone else have the similar experience?

Thank you so much.

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
Many things could have happened between September and now. For instance, the validity of your nomination could've been expired by now. Any clearance that they obtained for you could've been expired as well.

Send them an email to find out the exact position of your application ...

B

BlessedMe

i don't know if we have the same thing written in medical request, but it is indicated there that:

"you are requested to make arrangements for your medical examination within 30 days from receipt of this letter... If you and your dependants do not undergo the medical exam within this period, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing admission to Canada and your file will be closed".....

you can also check in your AOR that they will be communicating with you via email or mail so check inbox and spam folders.

for that long time elapsed, you can check with the office where you sent your papers, write to them,or email them as soon as possible.

you should have asked your sponsor about the normal waiting times.. check our timelines so you can have idea..keep in touch with your sponsor for updates..keep is posted

B

BlessedMe

i don't want to discourage you but someone i know had to repeat the entire application due to expiry of medical...

there is high possibility that your file has expired since 60 days without notification has been long passed...

some of our forum mates had to write to the VO for notification for extension of due date because of fear of having files closed... :( :( :(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Form IMM 0008(generic application) states, "indicating an e-mail address will authorize all correspondence including file and personal information to be sent to the e-mail address you specify."
Anyway, use the file number in the AOR request to check the status of your application here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en Then email the visa office and ask what you can do now to salvage the application.

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
BlessedMe said:
i don't want to discourage you but someone i know had to repeat the entire application due to expiry of medical...

there is high possibility that your file has expired since 60 days without notification has been long passed...

some of our forum mates had to write to the VO for notification for extension of due date because of fear of having files closed... :( :( :(
Thanks for your reply. Actually I'm not expecting too much when I found I've missed the AoR:( But I completed my medical examination anyways, and now the status in ecas says they've received my medical results. Another thing is, I emailed buffalo and described my situation, and they replied they've transferred my file to New York office (on the same day when I told them I've missed AoR). I'm not sure what it meant. Maybe they'll just continue processing my case? Or they transferred my file to New York because they think I should re-do the whole thing and New York will work on that? I'm hoping it's the former... Anyways, if they ask me to re-apply, I may just withdraw and apply for another stream (should be faster than pnp).

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
ethels said:
Many things could have happened between September and now. For instance, the validity of your nomination could've been expired by now. Any clearance that they obtained for you could've been expired as well.

Send them an email to find out the exact position of your application ...
Thank you ethels. I really don't know what is the "exact position" of my application... I emailed buffalo and they just gave me a reply say my case has been transferred to New York now. But the email is like a template email, so they didn't tell what would happen to my case (still valid, closed, rejected, re-apply or anything else). And then I emailed New York too, but they never reply. I guess it's because they already said they'll only reply after 90 days. If I knew I'm closed I'll just apply for a new stream... But now I can do nothing but wait :(

jaisondthomas

Sep 27, 2012
clare2012 said:
Thank you ethels. I really don't know what is the "exact position" of my application... I emailed buffalo and they just gave me a reply say my case has been transferred to New York now. But the email is like a template email, so they didn't tell what would happen to my case (still valid, closed, rejected, re-apply or anything else). And then I emailed New York too, but they never reply. I guess it's because they already said they'll only reply after 90 days. If I knew I'm closed I'll just apply for a new stream... But now I can do nothing but wait :(
i just want to know what happened to your PR application, i am also in a similar situation applied for PR under
PNP, papers send to novascotia , recevied file number on Feb 22 ,2013, when i called CIC just to know the status, they said i have already called for medicals on Feb itself but i didn't get any email regarding the medical request, so i am
curious to know what happened to your application,looking forward to hear from you.
my email is jaisond007 @ gmail.com

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
jaisondthomas said:
i just want to know what happened to your PR application, i am also in a similar situation applied for PR under
PNP, papers send to novascotia , recevied file number on Feb 22 ,2013, when i called CIC just to know the status, they said i have already called for medicals on Feb itself but i didn't get any email regarding the medical request, so i am
curious to know what happened to your application,looking forward to hear from you.
my email is jaisond007 @ gmail.com
The medical request should be attached to your AOR which was received on Feb 22 ,2013. Please double check. If it is there, just do the medical immediately. I missed that email for 7 months but the immigration process still move on after they received my medical results.