+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Exam , Anyone have experience ??- St.Clair.. How long for retest?

LesB

Jan 16, 2014
I missed my exam on January 7, 2014.

I received the mail on January 8 to write the test on January 7.

They sent the notification on December 24, 2013.

Did not recieve any mail until January 8, 2014.

Has anyone had a miised exam experience and how it sorted out.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Missed Exam , Anyone have experience ??- St.Clair.

Have you contacted the CIC Call centre to inform them about the delayed delivery?

LesB

Jan 16, 2014
Re: Missed Exam , Anyone have experience ??- St.Clair.- How long retest

Yes,

I phoned, I was instructed to send a letter to the St.Clair office of why I missed.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

LesB said:
Yes,

I phoned, I was instructed to send a letter to the St.Clair office of why I missed.
one of my relative have the same experience, and they have schedule the re-test after 8 months, but it also depends on your case

peter_h

Jan 7, 2014
That's why it's a good idea to regularly check what e-cas says.
Or like a lot of people in here do: they call and call and call again the CIC agents.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008

am4u2ster said:
one of my relative have the same experience, and they have schedule the re-test after 8 months, but it also depends on your case
Wow so now your relative has to wait 8 months to do the test because he missed it ?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
LesB said:

Hi LesB
Did it not show in your ecas that they sent you a letter to write the test on Jan 7, 2014?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

QAI said:
Wow so now your relative has to wait 8 months to do the test because he missed it ?
The relative got lucky. If CIC doesn't access your excuse, your application is cancelled.

No-shows for a test and/or an interview with a citizenship official —New (effective September 3, 2013)

Prior to OB 476, applicants who could not attend their test and/or interview with CIC staff were scheduled for a second test/interview session or, in some cases, scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge. The first iteration of OB 476 introduced pilot procedures whereby an RQ was triggered if the applicant did not show up at two citizenship tests or interviews. This procedure is no longer in effect.

New Procedures – Administrative closure of applications

Effective September 3, 2013, applicants will be sent one test/interview notice. If the applicant does not show up at the appointed place and time, and fails to provide an acceptable reason for this absence, their application will be administratively closed.

Highlander2014

Dec 11, 2013
LesB said:

Are you kidding? You're the same person posting that you may miss your oath because you will be in Thailand on holiday for 5 weeks.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-happens-if-i-miss-my-oath-can-i-reschedule-t181544.0.html

I think CIC have every right to close your application because you missed your test. Your priorities seem elsewhere.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008

PMM said:
Hi

The relative got lucky. If CIC doesn't access your excuse, your application is cancelled.

No-shows for a test and/or an interview with a citizenship official —New (effective September 3, 2013)

Prior to OB 476, applicants who could not attend their test and/or interview with CIC staff were scheduled for a second test/interview session or, in some cases, scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge. The first iteration of OB 476 introduced pilot procedures whereby an RQ was triggered if the applicant did not show up at two citizenship tests or interviews. This procedure is no longer in effect.

New Procedures – Administrative closure of applications

Effective September 3, 2013, applicants will be sent one test/interview notice. If the applicant does not show up at the appointed place and time, and fails to provide an acceptable reason for this absence, their application will be administratively closed.
That's actually scary, seeing from all the folks who have received a test date, it's only a week from when they received the letter. I suggest to all those rq recipients who got the notice to prepare for the exams in Dec 2013 or close to keep their eyes peeled for the mails and dont plan any vacations/trips and call call center agents daily.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

QAI said:
I suggest to all those rq recipients who got the notice to prepare for the exams in Dec 2013 or close to keep their eyes peeled for the mails and dont plan any vacations/trips and call call center agents daily.
Call the Call Centre daily?! Holy moly, that's overkill. Check ecas, yes, but calling the Call Centre everyday is a waste of everyone's time and an inappropriate use of the Call Centre service.

Regarding the original poster and OB476B, I would suggest getting notarized letters from any roommates or neighbours who could vouch for the late receipt of the invite. Also, it's a long shot, but if you can chat with your postal worker and try to get any corroboration from them, and then get them to sign a letter, that would be ideal.

It may be tricky to get CIC to accept that the letter truly was late in arrival, so the more outside corroboration you can get, the better.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008

eileenf said:
Call the Call Centre daily?! Holy moly, that's overkill. Check ecas, yes, but calling the Call Centre everyday is a waste of everyone's time and an inappropriate use of the Call Centre service.
It's better safe than sorry, and i am saying this for because I just found out today that all checks (security, background, immigration) are complete.

It may be tricky to get CIC to accept that the letter truly was late in arrival, so the more outside corroboration you can get, the better.
That is the problem, it is hard to get canadapost or anyone to accept blame and why would they accept blame for late delivery? They might provide a reason that might not be acceptable to CIC who might simply say you could made a phone call to stay on top of it.
But ya, if you are waiting for background checks to complete than there is no point to call them every day. im being optimistic.