+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed a deadline for Medical Request?

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
My wife's file is currently at an Overseas Visa office for final processing. Our file got transferred last month. Since then we have been patiently waiting for medical request. After waiting for it for too long, I decided to call IRCC to find out what was holding the medical request. To my surprise, the agent told me that the medical request has been sent two months ago. I was shocked to hear this as my wife who lives abroad never received any request for medical. I asked the agent if they made the request through email, and he said it was sent through the post. and that the request was even sent before our file got transferred to VO. I started panicking because you only have 30 days to do the medical from the date the request was made.We we missed it for 60 days. However, he told me that our file is still open and he would advice that my wife do the medical immediately. We later try to find out if the request letter was lost in the post, but to our surprise it was sitting at the post office where my wife is. That country has one of the worst postal services in Africa. Anyway my wife went to pick the request letter from the post office and went straight to a doctor to do the medical test. It's all done and sent by the doctor. We don't know what IRCC will say about the late submission of the medical result. We are very worried about this right now. Des any have an idea what might happen to us or at least experience such?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Not too sure. Is your app linked? Or you can call. Give it a couple days. Or log into ecas. Because medical results are electronically sent. They receive them fast.

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
Yes, the application was linked. However, the request letter was mailed to my wife before the app was linked. Like you said I will give it a couple of days. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

halohalo88

Jun 25, 2017
I did my medical later than the 30days timeframe. Just like what happened to your wife's medical request, they sent mine through post mail which I receive very late.
It arrived in our doorstep 2 days before the request expires.. I was so so worried , coz I received it around 5 PM and I have to fly an hour to be in the nearest authorized physician.. So obviously I can't make it , so I sent them email via wrbform about my case and we did call too... To inform them that I can't make it within the 30days allowance...

I was able to send them an email but ofcourse ircc doesn't reply fast.. It took almost a month before they reply on that email..

What am saying is, I had my medical almost 2 weeks late.. I took the risk even.if I know it's too late..

A month after, ircc replied about my email (request for medical extension), and since it took a month for their reply, they notify me that they already received my medical results and they'll take action about the extension.. So II guess it was good..

I think, as long as you let them know about what caused the delay they should consider it.. Atleast inform them what happened.. For sure they'll consider it..

sambujang

Oct 25, 2016
I did my medical later than the 30days timeframe. Just like what happened to your wife's medical request, they sent mine through post mail which I receive very late.
It arrived in our doorstep 2 days before the request expires.. I was so so worried , coz I received it around 5 PM and I have to fly an hour to be in the nearest authorized physician.. So obviously I can't make it , so I sent them email via wrbform about my case and we did call too... To inform them that I can't make it within the 30days allowance...

I was able to send them an email but ofcourse ircc doesn't reply fast.. It took almost a month before they reply on that email..

What am saying is, I had my medical almost 2 weeks late.. I took the risk even.if I know it's too late..

A month after, ircc replied about my email (request for medical extension), and since it took a month for their reply, they notify me that they already received my medical results and they'll take action about the extension.. So II guess it was good..

I think, as long as you let them know about what caused the delay they should consider it.. Atleast inform them what happened.. For sure they'll consider it..
Thank you so much for sharing that piece of information. This is a big sigh of relief for us. I will do exactly as you said.

Kobekong

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
My wife's file is currently at an Overseas Visa office for final processing. Our file got transferred last month. Since then we have been patiently waiting for medical request. After waiting for it for too long, I decided to call IRCC to find out what was holding the medical request. To my surprise, the agent told me that the medical request has been sent two months ago. I was shocked to hear this as my wife who lives abroad never received any request for medical. I asked the agent if they made the request through email, and he said it was sent through the post. and that the request was even sent before our file got transferred to VO. I started panicking because you only have 30 days to do the medical from the date the request was made.We we missed it for 60 days. However, he told me that our file is still open and he would advice that my wife do the medical immediately. We later try to find out if the request letter was lost in the post, but to our surprise it was sitting at the post office where my wife is. That country has one of the worst postal services in Africa. Anyway my wife went to pick the request letter from the post office and went straight to a doctor to do the medical test. It's all done and sent by the doctor. We don't know what IRCC will say about the late submission of the medical result. We are very worried about this right now. Des any have an idea what might happen to us or at least experience such?
I have the same problem now, what did you do then? And is everything ok now? Please advice, thanks

Kobekong

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018

Hi, I have the same problem right now, exactly like yours, we missed the email that was sent to us 2 mos ago,, and we really do not know what to do, would you mind sharing how you handle yours, did they accept your medical regardless you missed it for 2 mos? Please advice

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
I have the same problem now, what did you do then? And is everything ok now? Please advice, thanks
Same is my situation ircc sent medical Request on 21 June 2018 but I m not reviving any email don't know what to do

Kobekong

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Same is my situation ircc sent medical Request on 21 June 2018 but I m not reviving any email don't know what to do
Same here, my husband called ircc regarding this matter how ever ircc said that we need to contact the manila visa office since our file has been transferred, I already emailed my vo but no response yet, from what country are u?

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Same here, my husband called ircc regarding this matter how ever ircc said that we need to contact the manila visa office since our file has been transferred, I already emailed my vo but no response yet, from what country are u?
I m from India I have already sent many mails but they did not reply

Kobekong

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I m from India I have already sent many mails but they did not reply
Same here, so we are really frustrated and don't know what to do, we try to contact the clinic as well if we could do the medical, but the clinic refuse said we need t seek advice first from the embassy, and we are really running out of time

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Same here, so we are really frustrated and don't know what to do, we try to contact the clinic as well if we could do the medical, but the clinic refuse said we need t seek advice first from the embassy, and we are really running out of time
Doctor said they letter from embassy