+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed 12 days from my presence calculator

manarbasha

Oct 4, 2017
Hello,
After waiting 18 months, I passed the citizenship test. Today I had the interview and realized that I missed 12 days from my presence calculator. Total is 1083 instead of 1095.
Any idea if they may return the file or they proceed?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
After waiting 18 months, I passed the citizenship test. Today I had the interview and realized that I missed 12 days from my presence calculator. Total is 1083 instead of 1095.
Any idea if they may return the file or they proceed?
Withdraw the application and then submit a new application assuming you have enough days now.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Always good to know.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-withdrawal-applications.html

Withdrawal policy
The Citizenship Act does not specifically address the withdrawal of citizenship applications. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) policy is to permit applicants to withdraw their applications. In the event that a misrepresentation investigation is underway, IRCC may deny an applicant’s request to withdraw their application or hold it in abeyance until a formal decision has been made on their application, so as to not undermine the Act (see the “Misrepresentation cases” section below).

The option to withdraw an application exists in the following circumstances:

the applicant informs the citizenship office that they will not be available to pursue their application and will continue to be unavailable for the foreseeable future (for example, for the next six months or longer)
the applicant has changed their mind about becoming a Canadian citizen (for example, the applicant has just realized that they will lose their current citizenship, or they no longer wish to give up their current citizenship)
the applicant feels they may no longer be able to meet the requirements of the Act

Reactions: dpenabill

manarbasha

Oct 4, 2017
Always good to know.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-withdrawal-applications.html

Withdrawal policy
The Citizenship Act does not specifically address the withdrawal of citizenship applications. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) policy is to permit applicants to withdraw their applications. In the event that a misrepresentation investigation is underway, IRCC may deny an applicant’s request to withdraw their application or hold it in abeyance until a formal decision has been made on their application, so as to not undermine the Act (see the “Misrepresentation cases” section below).

The option to withdraw an application exists in the following circumstances:

the applicant informs the citizenship office that they will not be available to pursue their application and will continue to be unavailable for the foreseeable future (for example, for the next six months or longer)
the applicant has changed their mind about becoming a Canadian citizen (for example, the applicant has just realized that they will lose their current citizenship, or they no longer wish to give up their current citizenship)
the applicant feels they may no longer be able to meet the requirements of the Act
Thanks