+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresentation

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Lying or producing fraudulent documents. You shouldn't be asking this question to begin with, really. You can't get around the rules on a technicality.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add that many people still do not seem to understand that misrepresentation can happen should someone use an immigration agent who either incorrectly completes an application on the applicants behalf or misleads either intentionally or unintentionally. Ultimately whether agent acts on their behalf or not it will always come back to the fact it is the responsibility of the immigration applicant to ensure an application is true and accurate, it is not after all the agent who is applying to immigrate

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Just to add that many people still do not seem to understand that misrepresentation can happen should someone use an immigration agent who either incorrectly completes an application on the applicants behalf or misleads either intentionally or unintentionally. Ultimately whether agent acts on their behalf or not it will always come back to the fact it is the responsibility of the immigration applicant to ensure an application is true and accurate, it is not after all the agent who is applying to immigrate
This is why I asked this question, because we have a representative. So I guess it's best to doublr check everything before submitting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is why I asked this question, because we have a representative. So I guess it's best to doublr check everything before submitting.
Yes - it's your responsibility (not the consultant's) to confirm all documents and information are accurate. If anything is materially wrong, you will be held responsible (not the consultant).

Reactions: satmigs

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Also keep in mind misrepresentation can also result from not telling them something. Withholding information relevant to an immigration decision also classifies as misrepresentation.

Reactions: satmigs

Karan dhillon

Feb 6, 2019
hello guys,
my wife closed work permit as a care giver got expired on 1 april 2021 before that our consultant apply for an extension on 27 march 2021 by saying to immigration that new employer applied for lima for her which our consultant did not told us . my wife give an interview on 26 march 2021 and they told them they apply for lmia for her now send our consultant a reply that send us lmia but we don't have its still on advisement phase. and our consultant did not send us a copy of what he send and what reply immigration send what should i ask him so he send that information to me and is it called a misrepresentation. please reply thank you for you help

maricel1212

Apr 27, 2021
Also keep in mind misrepresentation can also result from not telling them something. Withholding information relevant to an immigration decision also classifies as misrepresentation.
Hi, is failure to disclose part time jobs a misrepresentation?