+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MISREPRESENTATION

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Yes I saw it. It's very strange.

Anyway, now I need to do something with my situation. Shall I state my 2 jobs next time when extend my WP or it would be a misrepresentation? In the future I don't want to claim any points of it because the jobs were most likely from NOC - C or D. So they wont give me any point of it. And also for my current WP I was not bothered to state them because thew weren't related anyhow to my job I gonna work in Canada. And in the application I had only 3 slots to provide the experience so I did with my 3 most recent jobs.

Any ideas how to solve the issue?

blackblood

Jun 28, 2017
Here is what I did on this issue. First of all, if you actually did that job then you have nothing to fear about. Write a LOE with every possible thing which answers for the question "Why didn't you mention your work experience in your study permit application"? Trust me, there is no proof to justify. You just can not create a paper which explicitly supports you. I already posted a thread regarding this issue and couple of champion members told me that this is a very minor issue. I got all the papers from my employer. And I cleared all my taxes. As an example, I worked for the company from 2012-2013 And between these years I was in Canada. So I came back and got the necessary papers to file my tax which cost me a lot due to back dated tax clearance. I hope I clarified a little bit what to do.

Reactions: Yaha14

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Here is what I did on this issue. First of all, if you actually did that job then you have nothing to fear about. Write a LOE with every possible thing which answers for the question "Why didn't you mention your work experience in your study permit application"? Trust me, there is no proof to justify. You just can not create a paper which explicitly supports you. I already posted a thread regarding this issue and couple of champion members told me that this is a very minor issue. I got all the papers from my employer. And I cleared all my taxes. As an example, I worked for the company from 2012-2013 And between these years I was in Canada. So I came back and got the necessary papers to file my tax which cost me a lot due to back dated tax clearance. I hope I clarified a little bit what to do.
Where you able to get your PR?

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I just called cic. The guy said it would be quite ok! I asked him if it might border on misrepresentation and he said not at all! I actually asked him twice and both time he said no affirmatively. I asked if pay-stubs, contract and reference letter are enough to prove the work was done, and he said yes they are quite enough.

marjan_tb

Feb 24, 2015
Hi all, I have a 2 year part-time experience during my MSc, which I didn't mention in my study permit application (I just mentioned that I am a MSc student and a TA experience I had that time).I'm really worried that I may be accused of misrepresentation. Right now I just have an employment letter from that company.

Another question I have is that I need to renew my visa in a few days, and I'm not sure if I should include that work experience this time or not. In the CIC forms there is only three slots to fill as you know, and those would be filled with my experience in Canada. But, people are always asked for they CV after submitting their application and I'm not sure if I should add this work experience in my CV this time or not (as I didn't have it last time)

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hi all, I have a 2 year part-time experience during my MSc, which I didn't mention in my study permit application (I just mentioned that I am a MSc student and a TA experience I had that time).I'm really worried that I may be accused of misrepresentation. Right now I just have an employment letter from that company.

Another question I have is that I need to renew my visa in a few days, and I'm not sure if I should include that work experience this time or not. In the CIC forms there is only three slots to fill as you know, and those would be filled with my experience in Canada. But, people are always asked for they CV after submitting their application and I'm not sure if I should add this work experience in my CV this time or not (as I didn't have it last time)
I had work experience not mentioned in the study/work permit and got ppr. Cic didn't ask for additional documents. I just submitted a work reference letter.

Worst case scenario they will ask for additional documents like paystubs, bank statements or other evidence. Just incase have them ready

marjan_tb

Feb 24, 2015
I had work experience not mentioned in the study/work permit and got ppr. Cic didn't ask for additional documents. I just submitted a work reference letter.

Worst case scenario they will ask for additional documents like paystubs, bank statements or other evidence. Just incase have them ready
I can't get a bank statement because my account has been closed. Do you think a paystub only or my contract would be enough?

Reactions: salmbagjaf

marjan_tb

Feb 24, 2015

Can I ask when was it that you applied?

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017

Hello, thank you for the information provided! It's very useful!

Did you claim any points for those work experience that you did not mention before applying for study and work permit?
I have the similar case. When applied for WP I did not mention some work experience..but I don't need any points for it( the jobs were from NOC-C, so I'm not able to claim any points anyway).

marjan_tb

Feb 24, 2015
Hello, thank you for the information provided! It's very useful!

Did you claim any points for those work experience that you did not mention before applying for study and work permit?
I have the similar case. When applied for WP I did not mention some work experience..but I don't need any points for it( the jobs were from NOC-C, so I'm not able to claim any points anyway).
Yes I have. And it's the only work experience that I will get points for.

CAD dream

Oct 2, 2017
Does anyone knows how the Batman_is_Real situation ended? I tried to contact him but no success.
I have the similar situation. I applied for WP and got it but did not state 2 jobs in my application because I did not know that I need to add one more sheet and tell to cic all my jobs. I just filled the form and stated my 3 most recent jobs in the space provided in application. Now I worry they gonna charge me with misrepresentation because I did not show my 2 full time jobs in the past.

Anyone here to know what shall I do in my situation?
I am in same shoes as you. I had applied for Work permit multiple times as a dependent and never mentioned about my experience. Hope you have got some more information on this. Can you shed some light here please.

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
I am in same shoes as you. I had applied for Work permit multiple times as a dependent and never mentioned about my experience. Hope you have got some more information on this. Can you shed some light here please.
Hi, I didn't mention one of my experience during study permit and work permit but I claimed points for that same experience under express entry. Fortunately, I got ppr on dec 12. I just submitted experience letter and indian tax paper.

Reactions: zionplace

CAD dream

Oct 2, 2017
Hi, I didn't mention one of my experience during study permit and work permit but I claimed points for that same experience under express entry. Fortunately, I got ppr on dec 12. I just submitted experience letter and indian tax paper.
Congratulations, Thanks for your reply. This boost my morale