+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation visa refusal

Ana785

Feb 2, 2020
Hello,
Last month i got misrepresentation due to agent's fault, i got a ban of 5 years. I filed a police case and a criminal case in the court against the agent, should i appeal in canada court also?? I've consulted many but they are saying its not a worth to go for judicial review because embassy only holds applicant responsible, what should i do please help!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,
Last month i got misrepresentation due to agent's fault, i got a ban of 5 years. I filed a police case and a criminal case in the court against the agent, should i appeal in canada court also?? I've consulted many but they are saying its not a worth to go for judicial review because embassy only holds applicant responsible, what should i do please help!!
Nothing more to add really. The applicant is 100% responsible for the application submitted, and bears the penalty for misrepresentation.
It's not up to IRCC to determine whose actions are fraudulent, as there could easily have been collusion between applicant and agent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
You can certainly try appealing however as said above, there is no guarantee this will result in a positive outcome. IRCC holds you responsible for making sure your application is accurate as the applicant.

Ana785

Feb 2, 2020
Nothing more to add really. The applicant is 100% responsible for the application submitted, and bears the penalty for misrepresentation.
It's not up to IRCC to determine whose actions are fraudulent, as there could easily have been collusion between applicant and agent.
But i have all the proofs and i even complained about him

Ana785

Feb 2, 2020
You can certainly try appealing however as said above, there is no guarantee this will result in a positive outcome. IRCC holds you responsible for making sure your application is accurate as the applicant.
Appealing in canada is is very expensive but still i want to but before i just want to confirm is it worth?

Ana785

Feb 2, 2020
Don't waste your time and resources. However, you can channel them and try your luck elsewhere.

All the best
I don't think i'll get a visa from any another country, i've contacted many education counsellors and they all said that you don't have any chance now

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Your agent did send your application on your behalf. But you as an applicant would have signed the documents, making you the one that is liable for any fraudulent documents.

It doesn't take a great deal of legal knowledge to fill out a study application form.

Ana785

Feb 2, 2020
Your agent did send your application on your behalf. But you as an applicant would have signed the documents, making you the one that is liable for any fraudulent documents.

It doesn't take a great deal of legal knowledge to fill out a study application form.
He submitted my documents himself and i don't have any access to GC KEY, i have all the proofs

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
What is the nature of the misrepresentation? Blaming agent is not a great strategy, also remeber you have limited time to lodge the case.
You should talk to Canadian lawyer but again they might just take your money.

Ana785

Feb 2, 2020
What is the nature of the misrepresentation? Blaming agent is not a great strategy, also remeber you have limited time to lodge the case.
You should talk to Canadian lawyer but again they might just take your money.
I consulted many lawyers but they are asking 4000,5000 dollars and not giving any reliable answers, different lawyers have different opinions but it looks more that they only need money