Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
In the application for PR (Spousal Questionnaire) under the section where CIC asks for a list of family and friends both parties have met for each other we have included the month and year only. We didn't quite remember the exact date in the month I (person being sponsored) have met these people but we had a rough estimate of the month.

In our letters of support from our friends, we just recently noticed that some of the dates did not match with that we stated in our application. For example, in our application we put that I have met Smith in May 2008 but in Smith's letter he put that he's met me in June 2008. I think you get where I am coming from. The dates are conflicting by a month the most.

I have a very fresh memory of when and how I have met these people. I can even describe the events and venues at which I have met most of the people that wrote support letters for us but I am just now concerned about the conflicting dates in the application.

My questions:

- Is this considered misrepresentation under CIC's policies?
- Would the VO penalize me terribly and reject my application if he/she asks such a question at my interview and I give conflicting answers?
- Should we correct this problem and inform the VO ASAP?
- If being asked such question, should I tell the IO the season of the year instead of the exact month or give a rough estimation of the period? I more know how and when I met these people in accordance with the season of the year, mostly summertime.

Any advise or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Confused.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
I am a bit worried about your dilemma, simply because you are not a straightforward case from what I have read from the POS thread.

Naturally, I think they will go through your information very carefully and I think the VO officer will cross check the dates as you have provided it to them.

As for correcting it, I am stumped. Informing them, means that you have to send additional information that will naturally delay your processing time more. Not informing them, means that there is a possibility that they might find the errors.

How important it is, I don't know. I think i read somewhere that with misrepresentations there is a two year penalty, I think I read that on one of the forms.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
you have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of misrepresentation!!!!!!!!

misrepresentation is about giving false information to immigration, or omiting information that may make the applicant inadmissable.....and immigration has found out that information and because you didn't present it then you are misrepresenting the truth....

the information falsely given or omited is relevant information only about the applicant not any contacts that the two of you have met or have not met
if you are asked at the interview about it, and that is soooooooo unlikely just simply state the truth you know it was may or june

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
I have to agree with pp Lois Lane. I don't feel you misrepresented yourself. It's not like you claimed to (or perhaps you did, lol and are misrepresenting yourself here) have meet 2 years earlier than you did, or something drastic.

I ended up having my SIL and MIL both correct something on their letters. They can never get how long we've been married straight, and how old I was when we married. I'm sure this is not uncommon to forget or 'guess' a time frame.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completely agree with Lois Lane. Off by a month at the most is no big deal AT ALL. Certainly they don't except you to have the dates etched in your memory. Don't worry.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Thanks guys.

I was getting a little too worried that I had done something wrong in my application about those dates that can be used against me. I am a bit relieved now that this is not the case.

My interview is coming up in September. Any pin pointers to take with me at the interview?

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
In the PR application I just mentioned the first day I came and I met my DH's family (father, and sisters)
otherwise after 5 years i would have 900 pages of people -- they can see in the pictures that we dont live in a cave.. so if they have questions then ask away

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
they will ask all the questions that were on the original application both for sponsor and applicant, answer them in a story form, as if you were telling a close friend about your relationship, say it with meaning and emotion, use WE alot, we have discussed, we think, we are going to....they want to see that you're not into it just for you, you will be asked what plans you have made for the future, it could be your plans are to buy a home once you get settled, anything tht is relevant that the two of you have discussed for your future together, the last question will probably be what will you do if you are refused...go into why the two of you have chosen to live in canada instead of your spouse living in your country...make sure that is about WE not that you want to live here lol best of luck :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Thanks a lot LoisLane.

Our application is under the Same-Sex category and we have been a happy couple for the past two years and still counting on living happily for the rest of our lives together.

My partner has been doing a lot of research on this whole process and he too is a compliance officer so he has sufficient training in this type of stuff where he questions clients to see if they are real or not ... in the banking industry ....

He preps me a lot on the words to use in the interview and thank you so much for once again reminding me to use the WE part and not the I part .... sometimes I get too hyper at interviews and get carried away ... this is one interview for sure I will have to keep my head on .... may come out of the interview with a headache because of having my brains stay focus for a short period of time ... LOL

Thanks again for your response :D

memyselfandi

Jul 28, 2010
your relationship is real so i have no doubt you will be fine best of luck and of course dont forget to share what the outcome was ;)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
To get your application rejected and yourself banned for 2 years, the misrepresentation has to be material - it has to be something that would make a difference in the decision. So the dates not quite matching on a letter of support from a friend will not hurt you. If the visa officer asks, just say you thought you met in June, but the friend thought it was July, or whatever. In all likelihood the visa officer will not even notice. You should be consistent in the dates you say, of course.
If you hadn't sent the application in already, I would change the dates to correspond, just to be 100% safe, but I really don't think it will matter.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusednscared - why did you NOT sit down together or rewview application before sending it in?

do not worry. a couple months do not makes difference.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
joecreosta said:
confusednscared - why did you NOT sit down together or rewview application before sending it in?

do not worry. a couple months do not makes difference.
Look, I don't too appreciate your negative comments in this forum and another one I have just commented on.

If you have a problem with people trying to help each other out, then I strongly suggest you say nothing. This forum was created for those who are insistent in helping others with CIC related issues. You don't seem to understand the basic principles. I would prefer you keep your negative comments to yourself.

Thanks.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusednscared said:
Look, I don't too appreciate your negative comments in this forum and another one I have just commented on.

If you have a problem with people trying to help each other out, then I strongly suggest you say nothing. This forum was created for those who are insistent in helping others with CIC related issues. You don't seem to understand the basic principles. I would prefer you keep your negative comments to yourself.

Thanks.
what exactly did i say to u now that make u go mad?